St. Louis County Neighborhood Preserv...

St. Louis County Neighborhood Preservation

Posted in the Florissant Forum

JustAsking

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 1, 2011
Finally got started insulating and drywalling the garage. Required moving my nephew's (USAF Capt.) car from the garage to the driveway. The car is clean, runs, looks new and will be here for him when he returns.

Apparently, the local rep for St. Louis County Neighborhood Preservation feels that because the car isn't currently licensed that he needed to issue a violation notice.

Okay no problem, those are the rules, no exceptions and I accept that fact.

My question is: "How did the guy next door manage to leave a rusting, wheel-less, windowless, engineless, rat-infested heap in his driveway for nearly 10 years and never incur a single violation notice from this same yocal?"

No surprise that the guy issuing the violation notice is the same person who pasted a notice on my door when neighborhood kids left their candy wrappers and mikey dee's trash on my manicured lawn last summer.

No surprise that this is the same guy who pasted a notice on my door and ran away, "citing the need for the tuck-pointing 3 bricks" that were located behind 2 large shrubs that had to be removed just to see the bricks. Yes this sharp-eyed societal wart somehow managed to see this infraction from the street, but miss the rotting hulk right next door!

If there is a genuine problem, simply knock and talk to me instead of sneaking around my home as if you had something to hide or as if your motives are less than professional.
LOL

Florissant, MO

#2 Jun 1, 2011
welcome to FLORISSANT... I dont think it is illegal to park an unlicensed car in your driveway......check on it..!
the darker side

United States

#3 Jun 1, 2011
This is unincorporated St Louis County NOT Florissant. Although I think the laws are the same.
same applies

Florissant, MO

#4 Jun 2, 2011
the darker side wrote:
This is unincorporated St Louis County NOT Florissant. Although I think the laws are the same.
Are you the same person as "Just Asking"?

Uniincorporated STL County had the same ordinance about unlicensed vehicles on driveways like Florissants has when I lived there a few years ago.
JustAsking

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jul 28, 2011
It's been weeks since we moved the vehicle back into the garage, and our County Neighborhood Preservation guy still slows down as he passes.

Curiously, it's also been several weeks that a vehicle with expired Illinois plates has sat undisturbed, parked on the street, headed in the wrong direction and only 2 houses away since March.

Neither the County Neighborhood Preservation guy nor the County "Brown Shirts" so much as pump their brakes when passing by it.

It's comforting knowing that the neighborhood is under such watchful eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open Borders, What do you get ? 1 hr exposing florissant 3
street cleaner 1 hr exposing florissant 20
minority council person ? 19 hr hahaha 17
Florissant or O'Fallon? 22 hr So what 33
Born to Whine Tue exposing florissant 5
special delivery Apr 24 exposing florissant 6
Tall Grass in Florissant Apr 24 Joe 14

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance