Florissant Officer Mike Vernon to be Honored at Florissant City Council

Sep 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

The Florissant City Council has a full slate on its agenda Monday, including a final vote on Chipotle as well as the honoring of Florissant police officers who helped with the investigation of a burglary and shooting of a fellow officer .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
sad

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

First a purple heart, then the boot. They could make a job for him but they won't.
Really

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

sad wrote:
First a purple heart, then the boot. They could make a job for him but they won't.
They could "make a job" for him? And why would you think he would want that in the first place? I can't imagine anyone, especially a veteran of the military and a police force wanting to be patronized in such a way. I guess you don't realize how insulting your comment seems, but it is.

BTW, how do you know he wasn't offered another position with the city or the FPD and decided to refuse it? Opinions are fine but not when they are presented as facts.
anon city employee

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Let the man heal and deal with the the whole thing with his wife and family. Nobody gave him the boot, he is still on workmans comp, and he and his family are being taken care of, thanks to the generousity of the community. If and when they are able to determine that he has healed as much as possible, then deal with the long term decisions. For gosh sakes, it has only been 3 months since the shooting.
flomo man

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

has back-stoppers helped?
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

flomo man wrote:
has back-stoppers helped?
Yes. The last I heard it was $50,000 with additional funds and other assistance ready if needed. They have also paid quite a large amount of his medical bills but I can't recall the exact sum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Florissant Forum right now

Search the Florissant Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
City Council Meeting tonight 24 min hardhead 38
Florissant Meth Lab 38 min hardhead 2
Who would be best for St. Louis County Executive 42 min hardhead 15
Message to the Mayor and the Council (Jul '11) 1 hr no representation 79
Is it Time to Review the Florissant Charter (Feb '10) 1 hr do your job 132
Best Mayor for Future of Florissant 1 hr support English 228
What grade would you give mayor tom's performan... (Oct '12) 1 hr press one for English 63
•••
•••
•••
•••

Florissant Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Florissant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance