Lowery dumps Clay

AOL

#1 Jul 19, 2012
Two weeks ago, former Mayor Bob Lowery held a big fund raiser for Lacy Clay for Congress. Bob Lowery has always supported Clay. Up until yesterday. He has removed the re-elect Clay signs in his yard, and now has Elect Canahan signs in his yard. Lowery is trying to convince the labor bosses to do the same thing.
Floguy

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jul 20, 2012
How and why would Lowery have any sort of influence on anything? He holds no political office anymore. I am not trying to argue, I just dont get how a has been like Lowery would have any influence, and why anyone would listen to the old fart.

I did notice he has a Keith English sign in his yard, thought that was interesting.
Lowery dumps Clay

AOL

#3 Jul 20, 2012
Floguy wrote:
How and why would Lowery have any sort of influence on anything? He holds no political office anymore. I am not trying to argue, I just dont get how a has been like Lowery would have any influence, and why anyone would listen to the old fart.
I did notice he has a Keith English sign in his yard, thought that was interesting.
Because "Money Talks" and Lowery still has a $50,000 plus campaign war chest that he uses for influence.

Don't count him out, he has lots of favors built up over the years, he still has his fingers in lots of things.
Scab

Old Monroe, MO

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Lowery dumps Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "Money Talks" and Lowery still has a $50,000 plus campaign war chest that he uses for influence.
Don't count him out, he has lots of favors built up over the years, he still has his fingers in lots of things.
The only appendage he has anywhere is his thumb up his ass. Lets hope he keeps it that way and stays the fuckoutof politics. He's done enough damage don't you think?
Lowery dumps Clay

AOL

#5 Jul 20, 2012
Scab wrote:
<quoted text>The only appendage he has anywhere is his thumb up his ass. Lets hope he keeps it that way and stays the fuckoutof politics. He's done enough damage don't you think?
Doesn't make any difference what anyone thinks, he is in the politics as deep as ever. He and organized labor are in bed together and continue to make the calls on who is or isn't elected in North County. Until he is gone, and his money is gone, and or labor lays down, it won't change.
union member

Florissant, MO

#6 Jul 21, 2012
I heard that Clay is endorsing someone for State Senate that Lowery does not like. So Lowery switched sides in protest. And the Clay fundraiser was a "bust". Spent more for invitations and food than they raised.
Lowery dumps Clay

AOL

#7 Jul 21, 2012
union member wrote:
I heard that Clay is endorsing someone for State Senate that Lowery does not like. So Lowery switched sides in protest. And the Clay fundraiser was a "bust". Spent more for invitations and food than they raised.
About time Lowery wises up and starts paying attention to things other than his own narcisstic dilussions.
English

United States

#8 Jul 21, 2012
When you listen to them speak and those pearls of wisdom just roll off their tongue, Lowery and Clay sound like they had the same English teacher.
Floguy

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 25, 2012
I see a English sign in Lowery's yard. Does that mean English crossed over to Lowery's camp or what?
He is a taker

AOL

#10 Jul 26, 2012
Floguy wrote:
I see a English sign in Lowery's yard. Does that mean English crossed over to Lowery's camp or what?
This election is a mixed bag.

Lowery is willing to help English win the Rep job, so that he leaves the Florissant Council, and then Lowery wants Jeff Caputa to replace English.

Some of Labor is supporting English, like the Electricians, because English is an Electrician, however, North County Labor, who supports Burt Atkins, supports most of the labor picked encumbaents like Lacy Clay.

After this Primary race, and the candidates are picked for the general election, then you will see Lowery and Labor all get back on the same page.

Lots of back scratching and pick pocketing going on. It will all start to clear on August 8th
Union Pipe Lady

O Fallon, MO

#11 Jul 27, 2012
He is a taker wrote:
<quoted text>
This election is a mixed bag.
Lowery is willing to help English win the Rep job, so that he leaves the Florissant Council, and then Lowery wants Jeff Caputa to replace English.
Some of Labor is supporting English, like the Electricians, because English is an Electrician, however, North County Labor, who supports Burt Atkins, supports most of the labor picked encumbaents like Lacy Clay.
After this Primary race, and the candidates are picked for the general election, then you will see Lowery and Labor all get back on the same page.
Lots of back scratching and pick pocketing going on. It will all start to clear on August 8th
Maybe Lowery might have his eye on English's vacated seat if he lives in that ward? Wouldn't put it past the crazy old rooster to think he could slip his way back into politics through such a crack in the foundation.
Not a chance

Florissant, MO

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Union Pipe Lady wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Lowery might have his eye on English's vacated seat if he lives in that ward? Wouldn't put it past the crazy old rooster to think he could slip his way back into politics through such a crack in the foundation.
The Post newspaper would probably put an end to any aspirations he might have to get back into politics. Wonder what more they didn't publish? Nope, he's done politically speaking.
Covering the bases

AOL

#13 Jul 28, 2012
Gotta give it to deposed king Lowery. This weekend is in the the Lacy Clay door hanging campaign paper as a supporter, picture and all.

Then you drive by his house, and he has a Russ Carnahan sign in the yard.

Why would either side want his endorsement. They just want his campaing war chest.
Lowery rumors

AOL

#14 Jul 30, 2012
Lowery has been making rumblings that he is sorry he stepped down. He intends to run for Mayor again against Tom Schnieder. He says he has the money to do so, and that Tom is doing so badly, he has to come back and save Florissant from Schnieder.
Had Enough

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Aug 4, 2012
Lowery endorsed Clay early because so many others did. Clay had a sit diwn with Gina Walsh in June and endorsed Gina. A few weeks later Clay makes a deal with Elbert Walton and his UNITY PAC and now Clay supports ONLY black candidates. Also, if you have been paying attention Carnahan is working very hard in North County. He has participated in Valley of Flowers Parade, Ferguson July 4 parade, showed up to fundraiser for Off Mike Vernon at Joe's Pub to show his support. Clay on the otherhand had his office open house at Clocktower the same day, and couldn't bother to show up to Joe's Pub event. Clay also went off on Rep Churie Spreng at pipfitters anniversary picnic without a reason. Lowery may flip-flop, but I'm with Russ. We need a change from Clay.
taxpayer

Moscow Mills, MO

#16 Aug 4, 2012
Lowery rumors wrote:
Lowery has been making rumblings that he is sorry he stepped down. He intends to run for Mayor again against Tom Schnieder. He says he has the money to do so, and that Tom is doing so badly, he has to come back and save Florissant from Schnieder.
So who is going to save Florissant from Lowery?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Koch pool get shut down for bacteria? 50 min Citizen 1
Jerome ' Jerry ' Burke is running for what ? 2 hr Falaffal Sammich 14
Quote Of The Week (Mar '15) 2 hr Marcus Welby 192
McDonalds robbed 6 hr Ideaman 1
negro watching 8 hr Boss Taco 174
prop. 5 voted on in april 2016 16 hr sorry fool 7
United States Debt 18 hr hardhead 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages