Zachary Cook indicted on child murder...

Zachary Cook indicted on child murder charges

Posted in the Florissant Forum

Justice

Saint Peters, MO

#1 Jun 28, 2011
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/264862/3/Zac...

Florissant, MO (KSDK)- A 22-year-old North St. Louis man was indicted earlier this month for allegedly killing a child in his care.

Zachary Cook of Florissant was indicted June 15 on second-degree murder charges in connection with the death of three-year-old Austin Vietor.

Officers working the case said Vietor was in Cook's care on the evening of May 5. Cook allegedly became frustrated with the child while trying to discipline him, shook the boy and then threw him to the ground, causing trauma to the boy's head. Vietor died from his head injuries a few days later.
noway

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 28, 2011
screw justice, revenge
fed up

Florissant, MO

#3 Jun 28, 2011
they should just shoot him,first in the knee, then the elbo, then the groin, and then come back in 24 hours and shoot him in the head.
Hogie

Florissant, MO

#4 Jul 5, 2011
This guyhopefully gets murdered in jail. I knew this child and if he's still alive when he gets out I pray someone murders him!
fools

El Monte, CA

#5 Jul 13, 2011
Zack was my friend and def was not that type of guy
He tossed him on the ditch from a foot away! Not on the ground and ur wasn't hard. Austin just happened to bump his head on a bad spot
CSM1

United States

#6 Jul 14, 2011
If this kind of logic doesn't scare the shit out of you,then I don't know what will. People like this have all the same privileges that you and I have. They drive,they sit on juries,they vote,ergo Obama. Following this clowns logic,the little victim was in the wrong place,and should have been elsewhere, and then this would have never happened. Watch out people,they live next door.
fools wrote:
He tossed him on the ditch from a foot away! Not on the ground and ur wasn't hard. Austin just happened to bump his head on a bad spot
this clowns logic

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jul 14, 2011
CSM1 wrote:
If this kind of logic doesn't scare the shit out of you,then I don't know what will. People like this have all the same privileges that you and I have. They drive,they sit on juries,they vote,ergo Obama. Following this clowns logic,the little victim was in the wrong place,and should have been elsewhere, and then this would have never happened. Watch out people,they live next door.<quoted text>
Gee, you certainly showed how well your thought processes work too.

Yes, people like you have the same privileges as the rest of us.
Sad, scary and wonderful isn't it?

I assume by your slipping in "they vote,ergo Obama" that you find disapproval in the choice the majority or Americans made in selecting Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden over Mr. McCain and Mrs. Palin.

Tying that choice so many made in political representation to one persons somewhat skewed views about a particular child abuse case clearly shows that your thinking is as out-of-touch with reality as the person about whose post you are complaining.

Watch out people...this guy may also live next door to you!
fed up

Florissant, MO

#8 Jul 22, 2011
all the more reason for the city to post the crime in the area on the crime map,it would be nice to see what really goes on in the area. this may be a job for andy when he returns.
XXXXX

Washington, DC

#10 Jul 22, 2011
Hogie wrote:
This guyhopefully gets murdered in jail. I knew this child and if he's still alive when he gets out I pray someone murders him!
hell ya!!
SmashDude

Florissant, MO

#11 Jul 24, 2011
I would like to know how many people in that area get shot on their porch. "DAMN" If I lived in that area I know one thing. I would stay off my porch.
JAmes

Florissant, MO

#12 Apr 3, 2012
i knew this guy,he was one of best freinds,its been almost a year and miss him,reading these comments are horrible for cause i bet none of you knew him like i did,he was one of the nicest guys ever,i remember when i got caught in tornadic weather and my buddy zack invited me inside,we then had a party in the rain with classmates i hadn;t seen in years,this happend maybe two week before he commited these crime,if anybodyy has new info please contact me
JAmes

Florissant, MO

#13 Apr 3, 2012
fools wrote:
Hey man dude you know him,i'm just trying to find new info,i know it;s an old post,but its important to me
mark

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Apr 24, 2012
i went to school with zack and he was not like that at all. as a matter of fact i was in st.louis county jail on traffic related charges when they brought him in. i was sitting next to him when they gave him the charge of murder...he told me the whole story. it was an accident, i grew up with him and i believe him.
southsidegoon

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jun 15, 2012
anybody talk to cook lately wheres he locked up at
Thomas

Florissant, MO

#16 Jun 15, 2012
fools wrote:
OK, Troll, give it a rest. I realize school is out and you don't have much to do, but trying to bait people into inflammatory arguments just for fun when the subject is this serious is your behaving like a jerk. No be a good little boy and go help mommy with the dishes or something.
In regards to the incident, child abuse, to me seems to be getting worse and there seems to be little to be done about it. I find it very hard to believe that when something of this nature occurs it is the "first time". Where are the neighbors, friends, family in all this? You can't convince me that someone hasn't known that such stuff was going on before the child was killed.
Are we really, as a society so calloused, so scared to get involved that we just look the other way and when it comes to this we offer useless condolences and fantasy violent alternatives?
I'm asking myself these questions as well, am I going to be a part of helping to solve violence towards children (in general) or sit on my butt and pretend it isn't my problem?
Thomas

Florissant, MO

#17 Jun 15, 2012
CSM1 wrote:
If this kind of logic doesn't scare the shit out of you,then I don't know what will. People like this have all the same privileges that you and I have. They drive,they sit on juries,they vote,ergo Obama. Following this clowns logic,the little victim was in the wrong place,and should have been elsewhere, and then this would have never happened. Watch out people,they live next door.<quoted text>
Great, just great. Take the death of a child and try to work it into your political, and perhaps prejudicial agenda. Nice moral view of a tragedy.

BTW, what are you doing besides alluding to the fact that the person who killed the child voted for Obama or anyone? You have absolutely no proof of that nor of the extremely faulty premise that persons who commit crimes even vote. For all you know the guy was a campaigner for the right wing candidates. After all, Ted Bundy, the most prolific serial killer in the U.S. was an aide to the Republican governor of Oregon, a caucus leader at several local and national Republican conventions/meetings. Given your assessment that must mean all serial killers were/are conservative Republicans.
ACE Guy

Mountain City, TN

#18 Sep 19, 2012
Hogie wrote:
I taught this man in high school. Although he has a terrible temper, I feel true sorrow for everyone involved, including Zach. He will pay a dear price for his actions. Regardless of his sentence, he will pay the rest of his life as he can never get his actions out of his memory.
Lauren

United States

#19 Oct 11, 2012
Thomas wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, Troll, give it a rest. I realize school is out and you don't have much to do, but trying to bait people into inflammatory arguments just for fun when the subject is this serious is your behaving like a jerk. No be a good little boy and go help mommy with the dishes or something.
In regards to the incident, child abuse, to me seems to be getting worse and there seems to be little to be done about it. I find it very hard to believe that when something of this nature occurs it is the "first time". Where are the neighbors, friends, family in all this? You can't convince me that someone hasn't known that such stuff was going on before the child was killed.
Are we really, as a society so calloused, so scared to get involved that we just look the other way and when it comes to this we offer useless condolences and fantasy violent alternatives?
I'm asking myself these questions as well, am I going to be a part of helping to solve violence towards children (in general) or sit on my butt and pretend it isn't my problem?
I use to date Zack off an on an IV known him forever an I know that all that was a accident I know he would never intentionally do anything like that I wish I could do something to help him I know he feels terrible an will probably be afraid to pick up a child again it is terrible what happened to that lil boy I don't know what would I do if that happened to me but accidents happened an I believe that was an accident an nothing more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will blacks quit crying about slavery ever? 1 hr WhiteSatan 49
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 2 hr VN Vet 3,437
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 8 hr Old Timer 2,111
News Hillary Clinton: American schools are 'more seg... 12 hr ATV guy 15
Quote Of The Week Sun exposing florissant 58
Florissant Building Codes / Questions (Jul '09) Jun 26 LHJ 35
tree removal (Sep '13) Jun 26 Wally West 43
More from around the web

Florissant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE