Obamas Govt Motors,aka GM

Obamas Govt Motors,aka GM

Posted in the Florissant Forum

CSM1

Saint Charles, MO

#1 Sep 3, 2012
OK all you Bammer guys,give this a look and then think about the election in Nov. I'll bet there wont be any UAW over there. Give this a look.http://www.youtube.com/wa tch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
Sadly

Wentzville, MO

#2 Sep 3, 2012
CSM1 wrote:
OK all you Bammer guys,give this a look and then think about the election in Nov. I'll bet there wont be any UAW over there. Give this a look.http://www.youtube.com/wa tch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
This radical will be returned to power due in large measure to the patently blind ignorance of his subjects.
taxpayer expense

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2012
GM saved to save UAW pensions.
Taxpayers bailed out the union
CSM1

O Fallon, MO

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Beneath the surface of Friday's jobs report lies the reality of just how disastrous the Obama economy truly is.
Consider the following 11 economic facts:
1. When you include the underutilized labor figure with the eight million Americans who have lost hope altogether and stopped looking for a job, real unemployment now stands at just under 19 percent.
2. If the labor force were the same as when President Obama took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate reported on Friday would be 11.2 percent.
3. A record 88,921,000 Americans are no longer in the labor force. To be included in that figure, an individual must be over 16 years of age, a civilian, not in a mental hospital or nursing home, and have stopped hunting for a job for at least four weeks.
4. The average American lost 40 percent of their wealth from 2007 to 2010.
5. Every fifth man in America is out of work.
6. One out of two Americans are now low-income or below the poverty line.
7. Over the past four years, 400,000 food stamp recipients a month have been added to the welfare dole.
8. In 2006-2007, 90 percent of college graduates landed jobs. Under Obama, just 56 percent find work after college.
9. A gallon of gasoline cost $1.84 when Obama entered office. Today, a gallon of gas costs $3.77.
10. Every fourth home mortgage in America is underwater.
11. Under Obama, healthcare costs have skyrocketed 18.9 percent.
The latest Gallup tracking poll shows Mr. Obama leading Republican challenger Mitt Romney 49 to 45 percent.
CSM1

O Fallon, MO

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Money
It just occurred to me... With all the noise the media is making about
Romney's wealth, I don't recall such bluster and hand-wringing over the
Kennedy fortune. Or, for that matter, John Kerry. Or the fact that John
Kerry gave virtually nothing to charity while Romney gave something on
the order of $4 million...in addition to his entire inheritance from his
father. Biden gave less than 1.5% of his income to charity.
AND.......Obama pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Buffet
Rule?????

Oh. Wait. I just remembered. Romney is Republican.
Kerry and the Kennedys are Democrats.
Also, Romney worked for his money.
Kennedy inherited his.
And Kerry married his.
Obama spends yours on vacations.

Never mind. Nothing to see here folks. Move along
Marcus Welby

United States

#6 Sep 13, 2012
CSM1 wrote:
Beneath the surface of Friday's jobs report lies the reality of just how disastrous the Obama economy truly is.
1. When you include the underutilized labor figure with the eight million Americans who have lost hope altogether and stopped looking for a job, real unemployment now stands at just under 19 percent.
2. If the labor force were the same as when President Obama took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate reported on Friday would be 11.2 percent.
3. A record 88,921,000 Americans are no longer in the labor force. To be included in that figure, an individual must be over 16 years of age, a civilian, not in a mental hospital or nursing home, and have stopped hunting for a job for at least four weeks.
7. Over the past four years, 400,000 food stamp recipients a month have been added to the welfare dole.
8. In 2006-2007, 90 percent of college graduates landed jobs. Under Obama, just 56 percent find work after college.
9. A gallon of gasoline cost $1.84 when Obama entered office. Today, a gallon of gas costs $3.77.
The latest Gallup tracking poll shows Mr. Obama leading Republican challenger Mitt Romney 49 to 45 percent.
Obviously, you haven't been reading the Post-Dispatch or watching ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC -- It's all Bush's fault. Sarcasm intended.
Congress

Florissant, MO

#7 Sep 13, 2012
CSM1 wrote:
I suppose the Republican controlled Congress has nothing to do with this.
CSM1

O Fallon, MO

#8 Sep 15, 2012
Hey all you panty waist libs out there. See if you can pull your lips from the loser in the white house ass long enough to watch this. Hell,even your lib comic news outlets,you know,ABC CBS MSNBC etc are getting a clue what a loser we have in the WH. Even the drunk Chris Mathews is blasting his stupid ass,who would have thought? Put down the coolade and watch.

Subject: Fw: NAVY SEALS RESPOND AFTER MEDIA CALLS THEM GUTLESS.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/v/X-Xfti7qtT0...

In my opinion everyone in the nation needs to see this video.
This video made by the U.S. Navy Seals may cost Obama his second term in office. It's just incredible how effective this video is in convincing Americans that Obama is a very serious national traitor. History will judge him negatively for 1,000 years. Incredibly powerful video! Senior CIA, FBI, Military and many other U.S. government intelligence officials describe for the viewer how Obama has compromised U.S. national secrets and the very serious consequence of those actions. And what's worse, he did it all for political gain so he could win a second disastrous term in office.

Navy SEALS Respond After Media Matters
Calls Them "Gutless"
Marcus Welby

United States

#9 Sep 15, 2012
CSM1 wrote:
Hey all you panty waist libs out there. See if you can pull your lips from the loser in the white house ass long enough to watch this. Hell,even your lib comic news outlets,you know,ABC CBS MSNBC etc are getting a clue what a loser we have in the WH. Even the drunk Chris Mathews is blasting his stupid ass,who would have thought? Put down the coolade and watch.
Subject: Fw: NAVY SEALS RESPOND AFTER MEDIA CALLS THEM GUTLESS.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT EVERYONE WATCH THIS VIDEO
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/v/X-Xfti7qtT0...
In my opinion everyone in the nation needs to see this video.
This video made by the U.S. Navy Seals may cost Obama his second term in office. It's just incredible how effective this video is in convincing Americans that Obama is a very serious national traitor. History will judge him negatively for 1,000 years. Incredibly powerful video! Senior CIA, FBI, Military and many other U.S. government intelligence officials describe for the viewer how Obama has compromised U.S. national secrets and the very serious consequence of those actions. And what's worse, he did it all for political gain so he could win a second disastrous term in office.
Navy SEALS Respond After Media Matters
Calls Them "Gutless"
Thanks for posting the link. I watched it and agree that everyone should see it before voting in November. My politics are centered more around the constitutionalists or libertarians so I'm not too excited about either candidate. Obama scares the hell out of me and I'm convinced another term would do serious and irreparable harm to this Country. However, I worry that Romney might be just another big government big spender.

Good luck to us all.
Pale Dago

O Fallon, MO

#10 Sep 16, 2012
Good morning MW,been a while since I have seen any post on your behalf,and equally as long since I have posted. I am in complete agreement with your post,but since we always have to choose the lessor of two evils,I have to go with Romney,anything would be better than what we have now. I am really hard pressed to see where this POTUS has done anything for the betterment of the country in the past four years,and I'm not in the least interested in hearing what he inherited from Bush,he has had plenty of time to hit the reset. Well I guess we will have to wait until Nov to see if America hits the reset button and goes for something different,anything different,even if for no other reason than to change for the sake of change. My opinnion only,for what it's worth,and that isn't much. Have a good one MW.
Marcus Welby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting the link. I watched it and agree that everyone should see it before voting in November. My politics are centered more around the constitutionalists or libertarians so I'm not too excited about either candidate. Obama scares the hell out of me and I'm convinced another term would do serious and irreparable harm to this Country. However, I worry that Romney might be just another big government big spender.
Good luck to us all.
Marcus Welby

United States

#11 Sep 16, 2012
Pale Dago wrote:
Good morning MW,been a while since I have seen any post on your behalf,and equally as long since I have posted. I am in complete agreement with your post,but since we always have to choose the lessor of two evils,I have to go with Romney,anything would be better than what we have now. I am really hard pressed to see where this POTUS has done anything for the betterment of the country in the past four years,and I'm not in the least interested in hearing what he inherited from Bush,he has had plenty of time to hit the reset. Well I guess we will have to wait until Nov to see if America hits the reset button and goes for something different,anything different,even if for no other reason than to change for the sake of change. My opinnion only,for what it's worth,and that isn't much. Have a good one MW. <quoted text>
Good to hear from you. I've been staying away from TOPIX for awhile because most of the threads seemed to immediately devolve into a petty name-calling pi$$in contest between republicans & democrats, blacks & whites, union & non-union, and east of the river versus west of the river. It got to the point where you couldn't have a decent dialogue with others without all of the attacks. Sad that our society has fallen to that depth. A few years ago the Florissant TOPIX used to have interesting posts by Orion, Ratwinger, J-Dub, and a host of other regulars. Maybe if TOPIX can stay away from all the hatred and anger I might start participating again.
Marcus Welby

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Feb 4, 2016
I see where GM is announcing another profit sharing bonus -- this year it is $11,000. Doesn't this mean they've averaged around $9,000 for each of the past four years? The last time I looked at the numbers I believe we, the taxpayers, got fleeced on the bailout deal by $16,000,000,000. I also remember our government breaking existing bankruptcy laws by ignoring the pecking order and favoring the unions over bond and preferred stock holders. Also, I seem to remember one of GM's suppliers (possibly Delphi) really taking it in the shorts but I don't remember the particulars.

Does it still puzzle any of you why the American voters are totally fed up with EVERYONE in Washington D.C.? I'd like to think it's because they don't ever consider the unintended consequences but, in this case, I think they were well aware of the consequences.
Marcus Welby

Florissant, MO

#13 Feb 25, 2017
I haven't seen anything written lately about the GM TARP loan but the last I heard, if it's correct, is that we the taxpayers got fleeced by the GM bailout to the tune of $10+ billion. I refused to buy another GM product since the bailout but I'm wondering if any of you have a problem with GM giving their hourly employees a $12,000 bonus this year which is on top of the $11,000 they got last year. I have the feeling that the government held a gun to my head, demanded I give them my wallet, and then handed my wallet over to the GM workers.
TTU

Florissant, MO

#14 Feb 26, 2017
Marcus Welby wrote:
I haven't seen anything written lately about the GM TARP loan but the last I heard, if it's correct, is that we the taxpayers got fleeced by the GM bailout to the tune of $10+ billion. I refused to buy another GM product since the bailout but I'm wondering if any of you have a problem with GM giving their hourly employees a $12,000 bonus this year which is on top of the $11,000 they got last year. I have the feeling that the government held a gun to my head, demanded I give them my wallet, and then handed my wallet over to the GM workers.
I think that GM does it that way so that they don't have to commit to higher salaries. Guys that I have met in St Chas County, and I have met a few, that work at GM Wentzville make just over $20 per hour with benes. So they share the pain and the gain. I've got a couple of Obama motors vintage GMs in my fleet. Pretty decent cars really, but every component, and I mean every component--made outside of US. So all they are doing is assembling cars here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vintage Florissant! (Jan '08) 9 hr CSM1 834
New Crimes in Florissant 10 hr miss jaquelin 283
Democrats in Chaos (Nov '16) 10 hr Marcus Welby 160
HSD is closing the achievement gap (Nov '09) Mon Hardhead 27
Topix contest featuring the resident idiot Hard... Sun White Chick 12
Who's tired of the loathsome and racist posts b... Sun White Chick 52
Quote Of The Week (Mar '15) Sun CSM1 240

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance