Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Judged:

Sorry Old Man, still provided NO information previously requested on creditors . So you insist on staying with Reliance Bank holding the bag? Well first of all you know nothing about the process of which it is in unless you have had a conversation with Mark. If you did, then you would understand the process.
It is amazing though when you search courts.mo the large amount of lawsuits as a volunteer he is drug into, on behalf of the school district. I guess he gets some residual from that as well, that surely must be influential.

Carpetbagger, Mr. Behlmann is more of a resident than most people who live in the city. But for the sake of conversation let's explore ONE of many other things he's achieved for the city of Florissant that has previously NOT been discussed.

It has been discussed back in October 1995 Mr. Behlmann compiled and presented the comprehensive data and report at the presentation of a 900 seat auditorium that packed 1200 residents for all, including MHDC to hear. His TESTIMONY stopped a $9 million federal income tax credited apartment complex project offered by the Kemp Company.(Kemp/Behlmann members in the same HB Association). So he wasn't bullied back then either.

But then in March of 1996, Joseph Afshari tried the same thing with 102 apartments. Afshari was seeking a $2.5 million loan from MHDC for section 8 housing, yes here in Florissant. Mayor James Eagan contacted Behlmann to yet take on another campaign to fight this funding. These were 900 ft.² apartments with the rent of $450 per month. Due to the St. Louis County ad hoc committee Behlmann co-chaired, the committee designed policies and the County Council approved them, based on Behlmann's testimony. A eight year moratorium on leaving undeveloped land planned for apartments requiring tax credit money, to be,“not approved for construction”. Plus closing other loopholes in the county zoning ordinances. PS, since that time (1996) NO Apartment have been built in the entire North County area including Florissant.

It's another one of those “good deed stories” many have forgotten. But not all of us have forgotten.“Carpetbagger” I think not.
seems obvious

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

old man wrote:
Seems obvious; again you only provide what has previously been discussed here about Eagan. You were the one that said “and other baggage” no one else. Again this proves you have nothing more to contribute, you are just another follower who likes to flaunt their opinion.
In regards to Behlmann, yes I know the family and Mark very well. As with any business in the city of Florissant the owners are involved. These businesses are members of the Chamber of Commerce and a litany of other local community organizations. You may choose to call it influence (based on your outside involvement) and from someone who is always looking in. It must be jealousy. Many local businesses especially those with a long history in this community contributed to past mayors. Your criticism regarding “upscale”also indicates you know nothing in regards to the community let alone previously discussed reasons.
For your information there has not been any filing for bankruptcy. As far as creditors (who you claim are not happy) prove it. There is no vendor, supplier or individual anywhere that is owed by Behlmann.
So before I go on shooting holes in all of your statements wasting my time on some little kids temper tantrum, prove your accusations, discuss his creditors that you claim are not happy. You state it's public record, but there is nothing to look up-and THAT IS THE HARD FACTS will boy. Put up or shut up!
You shot holes in nothing but your own foot.
You are trying to skate around the facts.

You claimed that my previous post was full of falsehoods. Now you say they are merely repetitions of other previous claims.

Others here have provided plenty of hard proof. But you can go on defending your buddy.
We understand how cronyism works.
Answer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

nah wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't be the right Mark Behlmann. This guys home address isn't in Florissant.
It is the same Mark Behlmann. The same MJ Behlmann Construction. The same loan from Reliance Bank. If you read the entries you see that the bank filed a motion in June for a judgment, doesn't seem like there is much to explain.
CBN

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Wouldn't take more than a stiff breeze to blow though Joseph Afshari when Eagen was mayor. Now we are left with the ancient ruins of King Lowery for the Great City of Florissant.

“I am a Pit Bull ”

Since: Aug 08

on the pantleg of opportunity

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Judged:

Is you crazy wrote:
Seems obvious/Kevin O'Donnel- Mrs. O'Fallon thanks you for your support.
Your comment makes no sense at all to me. Would you care to elaborate? My mom used to say, "empty barrels makes lots of noise." That's what comes to mind every time I read your posts!

“I am a Pit Bull ”

Since: Aug 08

on the pantleg of opportunity

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

Judged:

Is you crazy wrote:
Talk about limitations to your ablities to reason, why don't you come out of your basement and do the job for us. Hard to believe your not Kevin, you may just be another old dude with nothing better to do than bi__ h.
First, I don't have to hide in my basement when I'm online. Secondly, I am not seeking any office at the moment. Thirdly, you may say I'm an old dude, but buddy look in the mirror and see if you aren't describing yourself. And finally, you may consider what I say in public at the Council meetings as bi__ hing. But I call it dialogue (even though the labor backed council members refuse to respond) in hopes that the residents of Florissant understand what their councilors will not tell them.

Oh and by the way, I haven't posted on Topix since June 24th. I haven't even been on Topix due to personal reasons which is none of your business. I wouldn't have even checked out Topix today, but I received a number of calls regarding your comments about me.
You seem to think I hide behind bogus anonymous scream names (yes, I meant scream!) when it is YOU who hides his anonymity behind a scream name "Is you crazy" and cannot come out of the shadows to identify yourself. It's evident you have something to hide. You probably even have to hide in the basement. Is that what king makers do?
Joe Eagan

Festus, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Judged:

I have never read the topix website prior to this evening. It does a great disservice to all by debating on anonymous forums.

The truth about the Crest Aire Annexation.

In the very beginning we (I) approached the City under the Eagan administration concerning a possible annexation. I was rebuffed and told by a city official who is no longer alive, "We'll annex you when we are ready to."

When Florissant first proposed the annexation we went to the City and requested to use the parks and rec complexes during the annexation process. Furthermore, we asked for a comprehensive plan on the implementation of services. Again, we were vehemently rebuffed.

When Mayor Lowery began his administration I met with him personally and the residents of Crest Aire were not only provided with a comprehensive plan for the providing of services, we were also allowed to use ALL CITY SERVICES during the annexation campaign and subsequent period between the election and the date of annexation.

Fact: In the weeks prior to the election I went door to door throughout Crest Aire to encourage the successful annexation.

Fact: I personally had a pro Florissant sign in my yard and placed numerous signs throughout the subdivision in support of the annexaton

Fact: On the day of the election I voted for the annexation. I personally WORKED THE POLLS IN SUPPORT OF THE ANNEXATION and attended the victory reception at the JFK center after the polls were closed.

Again, I am not about to debate on an anonymous platform where people can make acusations and bold face lies without fear of retribution or an ounce of fact.

Anyone who has any questions conerning my candidacy is free to contact me at jeagan70@aol.com or the other contact forums on my literature. Please contact me. I look forward to meeting all the residents of WARD #3 during this next few weeks.

Warmest Regards,

Joe Eagan
Is you crazy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Judged:

There are documents that say different Joe. The annexation was started before Lowery took office. If you think your getting some special word out or will not debate on a anonymous plateform, why the he$$ are you posting here.

Go get your information untwisted on the time frame then tell it to someone who cares. Dude your a$$ is paid for by Labor.
Post Dispatch articles

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Joe Eagan wrote:
I have never read the topix website prior to this evening. It does a great disservice to all by debating on anonymous forums.
In the very beginning we (I) approached the City under the Eagan administration concerning a possible annexation. I was rebuffed and told by a city official who is no longer alive, "We'll annex you when we are ready to."
When Florissant first proposed the annexation we went to the City and requested to use the parks and rec complexes during the annexation process. Furthermore, we asked for a comprehensive plan on the implementation of services. Again, we were vehemently rebuffed.
When Mayor Lowery began his administration I met with him personally and the residents of Crest Aire were not only provided with a comprehensive plan for the providing of services, we were also allowed to use ALL CITY SERVICES during the annexation campaign and subsequent period between the election and the date of annexation.
Fact: In the weeks prior to the election I went door to door throughout Crest Aire to encourage the successful annexation.
Fact: I personally had a pro Florissant sign in my yard and placed numerous signs throughout the subdivision in support of the annexaton
Fact: On the day of the election I voted for the annexation. I personally WORKED THE POLLS IN SUPPORT OF THE ANNEXATION and attended the victory reception at the JFK center after the polls were closed.
Again, I am not about to debate on an anonymous platform where people can make acusations and bold face lies without fear of retribution or an ounce of fact.
Anyone who has any questions conerning my candidacy is free to contact me at jeagan70@aol.com or the other contact forums on my literature. Please contact me. I look forward to meeting all the residents of WARD #3 during this next few weeks.
Warmest Regards,
Joe Eagan
There are plenty of Post Dispatch archived articles that will fully tell the story of what really happened.
Mr. Eagan, you should have moved to Hazelwood.
wow

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Lies, lies and more lies. Say it ain't so Joe !!! After seeing you speak last night I'd say you aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.
Is you crazy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Joe Eagan said last night he has been going door to door for over six months talking with citizens. Wasn't the election in April and filing for the Council seat the middle of May? The man can't seem to get his dates right. Lies, lies and more lies. Say it ain't so Joe you really aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.
Even If

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Even if what Mr. Eagan says about his "support" for annexation is true, his statement avoids discussion of his ties to Lowery and Schneider and his support from labor which all means he is "owned" by special interests.
Sadly, I support "labor" in the sense that I believe workers need to have some organizational structure to protect them as individuals who quite often do not wield the power of their more powerful employers.

As with any power, the power of the union officials can corrupt them and corrupt their ideals as power often does in the hands or corporate leaders, political leaders, religious leaders or anyone put in a position of power. Sadly we have reached a state in our society when it is rare to find an individual who can suppress their own ego and greed and act strictly, or even primarily, out of a sense of benevolence and philanthropy.

We see it here with the North County Labor leaders. They have become power brokers and their goals do not always work for what is best for all or, at times, even what is best for their many fellow labor members.
The Coruption

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Even If wrote:
Even if what Mr. Eagan says about his "support" for annexation is true, his statement avoids discussion of his ties to Lowery and Schneider and his support from labor which all means he is "owned" by special interests.
Sadly, I support "labor" in the sense that I believe workers need to have some organizational structure to protect them as individuals who quite often do not wield the power of their more powerful employers.
As with any power, the power of the union officials can corrupt them and corrupt their ideals as power often does in the hands or corporate leaders, political leaders, religious leaders or anyone put in a position of power. Sadly we have reached a state in our society when it is rare to find an individual who can suppress their own ego and greed and act strictly, or even primarily, out of a sense of benevolence and philanthropy.
We see it here with the North County Labor leaders. They have become power brokers and their goals do not always work for what is best for all or, at times, even what is best for their many fellow labor members.
The Coruption lays with North County Labor and Dick Kellett. He runs around thinking he is a "King Maker" and working against all conventional wisdom. Weak politicians, like form Mayor Lowery, new Mayor Schnieder and several on the council, can only RULE with the help of coruption, like North County Labor. They can not RULE alone and have no clue as to how to Govern or Lead on their own.
They are all corupt and have no character or inegrity.

They are somewhat in a panic mode right now, because of the Citizens Charter Review Ordinance that just passed, and the fact, they are scared of loosing Wards 3 and 6.

Be prepared, they will be trying anything to quide and steer these elections, up too and including coercing and threats. And remember one final thing, their behind the scenes biggest and most corrupt partner is Dick Kellett, who just happens to be, the President of North County Labor as well as the Chairman of the Democratic St. Louis County Election Board.

Mayor Schnieder is a very loyal servant to Dick Kellett.
Answer

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Is you crazy wrote:
Joe Eagan said last night he has been going door to door for over six months talking with citizens. Wasn't the election in April and filing for the Council seat the middle of May? The man can't seem to get his dates right. Lies, lies and more lies. Say it ain't so Joe you really aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.
You are confusing the speakers. Last night Pat Stinnett said he has been going door to door for 6 months (April and August elections). Joe Eagan said he had knocked on 800 doors.
Is you crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Answer- Keith Schildroth is King Tom is writing your script. Joe is owned by labor just like you and Stinnett.
Answer

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Is you crazy wrote:
Answer- Keith Schildroth is King Tom is writing your script. Joe is owned by labor just like you and Stinnett.
Once again, not Schildroth or anyone else on the council, but I did pay attention to what I saw at the Council meeting last night. BTW - I am not owned by anyone, nor do I owe anyone.
Anthrax

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Joe Eagan wrote:
Warmest Regards,
Joe Eagan
Joe,
What you say in this post is just not true.
You wanted Hazelwood to annex your area from the jump.
And you made your feelings known from the beginning.
The problem you have now is I remember conversations we had from back then.
It just doesn't add up.
Florissant took CrestAire they way the Germans took Poland.
Tough break for you guys.
Oh the price you pay for streetlights.
way to go Joe

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Did anyone else find it funny that Joe Eagan talked with 800 residents while going door to door and one of the major complaints he heard was about cars driving up and down their streets. It's so bad the people in Crest Air can't let their kids play in the street. These people have more problems than traffic on their streets. I guess Joe Eagan promised these people playground equipment for their streets? Sorry Joe, if you find that a priority for your ward, you'd be better off living in Normandy.
Is you crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Anwser- Wrong, your Keith and labor owns your a$$
old man

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

BOUNDARY PANEL VOTES FOR FLORISSANT PLAN
St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Monday, February 1, 1993
Author: By Marcia L. Koenig ; Of the Post-Dispatch Staff
After the vote, Crest Aire resident Joe Eagan told the commissioners their vote was "a slap in the face to the residents you are charged to protect."
But Commissioner Phillip Schreiber pointed out that even after the commission casts its final vote on Feb. 9, residents of the areas to be annexed and residents of Florissant will have to approve the idea.
Schreiber said the commission had to weigh annexations from a technical and a populist view. "No matter what we say, it will still have to go to a vote; so the will of the people will be heard," he said.
But Eagan said his neighborhood was outnumbered by residents in other areas in Florissant's annexation plan. "Realistically, every Crest Aire resident could vote against it and still be taken into Florissant. That's wrong," Eagan said.
The commission will meet at 6 p.m. Feb. 9 at the County Council chamber, 41 South Central Avenue, Clayton.
OFFICIALS EXPECTED TO TRY ANNEXING NORTHWEST AREAS
St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Monday, August 7, 1995
Author: By Sterling Levy ; Special to the Post-Dispatch
Crest Aire has about 700 residents on about 100 acres west of Howdershell Road and adjacent to the northwest area that Hazelwood annexed in June. Florissant tried twice to annex the area, but voters in the area rejected it both times.
Joe Eagan , a resident of the annexation area who had helped a petition effort for Crest Aire to join Hazelwood when Hazelwood temporarily had the northwest area, spoke for the annexation. "We wanted to be in Hazelwood before and we still do," he said.
ANNEXATION MEETINGS LEAN TO HAZELWOODSt. Louis Post-Dispatch - Monday, June 10, 1996
Author: By Sterling Levy ; Special To The Post-Dispatch
He explained later that Florissant is "nitpicky" on trash, housing, maintenance and parks issues.
Joe Eagan of Crest Aire said Florissant's efforts to annex have been stopped on previous occasions and should not be boosted by a legal technicality that would allow a single vote.
"Let's have a fair fight," he said.
CITIES MAY SOON ABSORB UNINCORPORATED POCKETS - SOME RESIDENTS UNHAPPY WITH LAW CHANGING VOTE PROCESS
St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Thursday, July 18, 1996
Author: By Phil Sutin ; Of The Post-Dispatch Staff
Some Boundary Commission members are concerned that the law takes away the possibility of residents of pockets having a say in their destiny. Several boundary commission members have said they are concerned about the fairness of forcing people into a municipality they do not want to join.
That's the complaint of Joe Eagan , a resident of Crest Aire . The law, he said, "takes your vote away. I believe in fair elections for both the city and the area. If the area is defined as a pocket, you lose your vote."
Eagan said he is particularly concerned that the Boundary Commission will force Crest Aire into Florissant even though residents have rejected annexation proposals several times.

BOUNDARY PANEL WEIGHS RIVAL PLANS FOR CREST AIRE
St. Louis Post-Dispatch (MO)- Monday, October 1, 2001
Author: Victor Volland Of The Post-Dispatch

Florissant, which borders Crest Aire at seven points and whose population of about 50,000 is double that of Hazelwood, argues greater accessibility and more services, including 17 parks, a community center and theater, an aquatic center, a golf course, an ice skating and roller rink and other public facilities for residents. Florissant officials also have noted that Hazelwood had budget deficits in 1999 and 2000 and projected deficits for 2001 and 2000.
Crest Aire resident Joe Eagan , who has led several petition drives for annexation by Hazelwood, says he is more noncommittal now.
"The crucial thing is to be annexed by someone”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of201
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Florissant Discussions

Search the Florissant Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
street cleaner 24 min better service 37
Should golf course be sold to fix streets? 7 hr some money for streets 17
Where is the union outrage? 7 hr tax payers screwed 9
Message to the Mayor and the Council (Jul '11) 22 hr we the people 82
Best Mayor for Future of Florissant Mon future 232
St.Louis City Police New Polk Choke Hold/ Femal... Mon Reply2_CIA 5
Florissant Meth Lab Mon Scary stuff 3
•••
•••