Florissant red light cameras and tickets
Right

Florissant, MO

#317 May 29, 2013
You can call the wrote:
<quoted text>
clerk of the traffic court and get the info you need. You just need to give her the name of the person the vehicle is registered to and where the citation was issued.
I got one and paid it by mail. I wasn't driving the car but my daughter was. I would never try to get out of something I knew I had done or let my kids do it either. She admitted she ignored the red light and didn't stop but just went ahead and turned. If I told her "forget it" what would she try to get by with next.
I believe everyone should have to deal with the consequences of their actions. If you get a ticket and you committed the traffic violation you should pay. Only dishonest people try to avoid taking responsibility for their actions.
FYI, they will eventually issue a warrant, my neighbor's kid got one and he had to pay a huge fine plus do some community service hours. Which is fine with me (and his parents).
Absolutely correct! People who ignore such things are irresponsible and can't be trusted in any manner. Doesn't matter whether you think the law is wrong, it is still the law. If you didn't do it, then you got nothing to worry about. But at least have the guts to face up to whatever it is, instead of finding a way to weasel out.
Bull Puckey

Florissant, MO

#319 May 29, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was true we'd still be living under English law. Its every American's job to break unjust laws. The law has to follow the law. Which they are not.
Real Americans do something about it, they don't just ignore the fact that they violate a law whether they agree with that law or not. The red light camera laws have been upheld by lower and high courts and until they are repealed in some manner they are the law whether you like it or not.

You rant and rave about black people not having insurance, although there are probably a lot of white driver's who don't also, and then try to justify your own ignoring of the law. If you really practiced what you preach...Rev, you'd go to traffic court and state your reasons for red light tickets not being legal.

You're just another one of those people who pick and choose what they want to apply and who they want it to apply to. It's OK if it is someone else, but when it's you, your start whimpering about how it isn't just.
what

Florissant, MO

#321 May 29, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Cameras don't capture the whole picture. And the municipalities don't take ANY evidence other than what was seen in that picture. How about the lady that didn't even run the light on the news (You paid for it). The car next to her runs the light...and they still make her assume responsibility for the payment? It isn't fair...the mayor will even tell you that...In his own words (by not saying that it IS FAIR). Which he refused to say. You're the one wimpering about what's fair or not. Well...if I run a light...and hit you. Rest assured I'll have the insurance to cover it. If it happens to you. Hope the white, black, yellow, red or orange person has insurance. Because life IS NOT FAIR. Apparently, I'm doing you a favor by having insurance at all. Shit..Why even stay at the scene of the accident...There's a chance I'll get away with it. Next time I ding someones car in a parking lot...hell...no one saw. Maybe I'll just drive away. Maybe that car will be yours. We should just give in to this ignorant lifestyle of uninsured welfare EBT card Temp plates and all. After a week in Jamaica I understood something that I hadn't seen being enclosed in the middle of the United States. The problem isn't people with dark skin. The problem is the AFRICAN AMERICAN. It's a state of mind more than a skin color. Some of you may hate that assessment. But...I don't really care.
Do you ever read what you have written before you post it?
More Bull Puckey

Florissant, MO

#322 May 30, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Cameras don't capture the whole picture. And the municipalities don't take ANY evidence other than what was seen in that picture. How about the lady that didn't even run the light on the news (You paid for it). The car next to her runs the light...and they still make her assume responsibility for the payment? It isn't fair...the mayor will even tell you that...In his own words (by not saying that it IS FAIR). Which he refused to say. You're the one wimpering about what's fair or not. Well...if I run a light...and hit you. Rest assured I'll have the insurance to cover it. If it happens to you. Hope the white, black, yellow, red or orange person has insurance. Because life IS NOT FAIR. Apparently, I'm doing you a favor by having insurance at all. Shit..Why even stay at the scene of the accident...There's a chance I'll get away with it. Next time I ding someones car in a parking lot...hell...no one saw. Maybe I'll just drive away. Maybe that car will be yours. We should just give in to this ignorant lifestyle of uninsured welfare EBT card Temp plates and all. After a week in Jamaica I understood something that I hadn't seen being enclosed in the middle of the United States. The problem isn't people with dark skin. The problem is the AFRICAN AMERICAN. It's a state of mind more than a skin color. Some of you may hate that assessment. But...I don't really care.
First of all why would you run a light if you claim to be such an upstanding citizen? There's absolutely no reason an honest person would ignore a traffic citation no matter how they got it. They would do something about it, especially if they were not guilty.

Second, if you honestly believe you are not guilty you go to traffic court and tell that to the judge. Then they run the video on big screen TV and everyone can see what happened. If it shows a violation you pay your fine, if it doesn't your case is dismissed. That's what law abiding people do. And dinging someone's car and driving away, betcha would and betcha have. Parking lots unless they belong to City Hall or something like that are private property and have nothing to do with law enforcement when it relates to vehicles unless someone is injured.

As far as your blather about black people and all that other nonsense it has nothing to do with the topic. But you and that other idiot sweety of yours always have to include that crap in everything you post. Which is why anyone with a ounce of intelligence knows that both of you are full of BS!
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#323 May 30, 2013
gotta say what the rev said is true,it seems like everyone tries to just get away with it. while i follow the laws of this land it seems that you are doing people a favor to have insurance. if i thought i was wrongly accused i would take it to court and let the judge decide. bottom line is we need to do something to stop these people from driving their autos with no insurance, maybe stop the yellow key and rodney young type companies from selling insurance for a week at a time. %99 of the problems is the blacks, no insurance, no drivers license,not the right plates on the car. here this time after time. screw that racial profiling bullshit and get these wanna be thugs off the streets. what the rev said it's true it's the AFRICAN AMERICAN THAT'S THE PROBLEM, THEY THINK EVERYONE OWES THEM SOMETHING.
What

Florissant, MO

#325 May 30, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, others brought up race...I entered my opinion since the topic went that way. If you put your money on that bed you'd have lost. I've never nicked someones car and not offered to cover damages. NEVER. But the unbe"weave"able fatty with 4 kids in the Schnucks parking lot threw her door open and put quite a ding in my car and expected me to turn a blind eye? Luckily I saw it. And you're wrong. The police will take a report for the insurance companies and you can hold someone liable on private property. I've been there and done it. This woman got in my face like I did something wrong for holding her accountable. Oh well...she paid.
It's a ordeal keeping a nice car in Florissant. I find myself driving my work truck instead to grocery stores or anywhere where "less intelligent" people are likely to congregate.
Listen...If I run a red light (and I have) and get a ticket in the process. I know it's coming in the mail...and I pay it...But right on red tickets? Especially when you do briefly stop and then go because it's clear...are bull shit. And I care not what you think about that. I won't pay them. Especially in the City on St. Louis. Where a judge as ruled them unconstitutional.
The poster brought up race? What exactly does your sentence...the African-American is the problem. I have a 2013 Honda Accord and it's just fine, not a scratch, drive it everyday and I live and work in Flo. Had lots of nice cars, never had an accident in any of them, so I guess you are just one of those poor little fellows who never gets a break.

Wow, is there anything you can't cry about? Sure doesn't seem so. The poster didn't say you couldn't make a police report he or she was talking about it not being a traffic violation. Man, you are just one of those egotistical fools who deliberately misinterpret what someone writes. Yeah, got in your face, sure that happened!
What

Florissant, MO

#327 May 30, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
And who cares what you think? Do you care about my opinion? I would hope not. It's not crying..shit happens. But I hold people accountable as I do myself when I fuck up. All too often people lie and squirm to get out of any responsibility that might cost them monetarily. How can people complain about being held back in society when they don't take responsibility for their own actions? The bottom line is if I cause you loss or bodily harm on the road..you will be paid for. No BS, no lies or trickery. Regardless of how I feel about the unconstitutional red light camera.
You have a brand new Honda and it doesn't have a scratch. Good for you...I LOVE new cars...But just wait a year. And when someone hurts your new baby...you'll be red with anger when the person who did it is no where to be found.
Or..you'll just be elated to cover the $1000+ cost of repainting a panel or removing a dent..I'm sure you won't say a word about it to anyone because NOTHING bothers you.
My "new baby"? A car is a thing, a thing that can be repaired, big deal! People in my family have had accidents, the only thing anyone cared about is if someone was badly hurt. Which, fortunately they weren't. Sometimes it worked out easily sometimes not, so what? Sometimes you just suck it up and live with it, not start your own pity party.

And the red light camera thing...so what about that? Life is full of little aggravations. You break the law you pay the price no matter how it comes about. Red light cameras are no big deal! If you ran the light, you ran the light and should pay the penalty no matter how it happened. If you didn't, you didn't and it's easy to get out of it if you want to. I know people who the judge let slide because they claimed they weren't driving the car and since that had no other violations on their record the judge let them off.

You are a "crybaby" that's easy to see by the majority of your posts and most of them DO have comments about blacks no matter the topic.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#328 May 30, 2013
i keep an old beater to drive to the stores around here also, keep my nice shit away from the blacks as much as i can. take a look at what most black people drive. most of the time they are all whiskey dented up. they don't care about their own property they sure don't give a damn about yours. not only that but the blacks try and break in to the autos every where you go.THESE ARE FACTS, don't care if you nonbelievers like it or not, don'y know why you would be in denial.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#331 May 30, 2013
i happen to be a car person, some people are not and that's fine, but when you see a nice car or motorcycle you know that person worked hard to get it and the blacks don't care about dinging up your shit. you ding my shit and i'm ready to fight. so beware out there if you pull in next to a nice car. once a car is wreaked it isn't the same and devalues your property. FACT!
She Carries

United States

#332 May 30, 2013
Lauren1954...I feel your pain...
I received a red light ticket (Dunn Rd. and Lindbergh) after turning right without stopping for 3 seconds (BS)...I paid the dang thing, and NOW I make sure and count. I NEVER want to pay that $100 again, I value my money too much.
scam

Saint Louis, MO

#333 Jun 11, 2013
I got lost on a Sunday morning at 5:00am coming home from taking guests to the airport. Got a red light ticket while trying to read street signs to see where I was. Too bad for me I was in Florissant and they want $100 from me when I was the only one on the road and misjudged the light. This is not safety, it is extortion.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#334 Jun 12, 2013
well i just seen on the news where the courts upheld the red light camera laws.for those of you that didn't pay you're tickets, better watch what happens here.
Well

Florissant, MO

#335 Jun 12, 2013
scam wrote:
I got lost on a Sunday morning at 5:00am coming home from taking guests to the airport. Got a red light ticket while trying to read street signs to see where I was. Too bad for me I was in Florissant and they want $100 from me when I was the only one on the road and misjudged the light. This is not safety, it is extortion.
you can go to traffic court and explain what happened. I know several people who asked to view the video and let the judge decide and their citation was dismissed.

I got one, paid it and forgot about it. I know I "did the deed" and if there had been a cop there he or she would have ticketed me. Either a person breaks the law or not. Personally I don't believe in making excuses when I know I am wrong but I won't take the blame/fine if I know I am right either.

Life is full of aggravations and if you prioritize them most people see getting a red light ticket is pretty low on their list. It is for me anyway, but then I have a 12-year-old fighting leukemia lymphoblastic.
Maybe

Florissant, MO

#337 Jun 12, 2013
scam wrote:
Im misreading your post. It would seem to me someone looking for a street name would be driving pretty slowly or should be. That being the case stopping at a red light would be easy and a good way to read a street sign.

Did you mean the light was changing as you were coming up to it and you didn't see that because you were trying to find a street?

Whatever, IMO, it doesn't matter. Sure people get caught by cameras doing something that a police officer might not ticket you for but the point is not paying attention is what causes the majority of accidents. OK, it was early in the morning with no traffic to speak of, that's an excuse not a reason. Look, dude, you did it no matter what the circumstances, pay the fine and chalk it up to not paying attention when you should have been. If everyone did watch what the hell they were doing while driving there would be fewer people getting injured or worse.

BTW, To the guy or gal with the sick child, hope things get better and God bless!
Wondering

Florissant, MO

#338 Jun 12, 2013
scam wrote:
How is it extortion if you admit you went through the light? Whose fault is it that you weren't paying attention? Guess what? There are lots and lots of cities using the cameras and STL County.(Creve Coeur, Hazelwood, St.Peters Wentsville, Sappington, and on and on).

If you knew how to get to the airport how did you get lost? If you could see you were the "only one on the road" how come you didn't see the red light?
For a stolen car

United States

#339 Jun 17, 2013
After my car was stolen I got one of these in the mail. You'd think that with a stolen car report from FloPd that the ticket never would have hit my mailbox. Turned out I ended up having to take a 1/2 day from work to drive a copy of the report from the police headquarters building to the court house!
Later I looked at the video online, a floPD cruiser was 4 or 5 seconds behind my stolen car in the video. Didn't pull them over! Guess they figured the "camera did the job".
So don't give me that smoke up my rear about safety, that's bunk! It's all about the $$$$ plain and simple.
Well DUH

Florissant, MO

#340 Jun 24, 2013
For a stolen car wrote:
After my car was stolen I got one of these in the mail. You'd think that with a stolen car report from FloPd that the ticket never would have hit my mailbox. Turned out I ended up having to take a 1/2 day from work to drive a copy of the report from the police headquarters building to the court house!
Later I looked at the video online, a floPD cruiser was 4 or 5 seconds behind my stolen car in the video. Didn't pull them over! Guess they figured the "camera did the job".
So don't give me that smoke up my rear about safety, that's bunk! It's all about the $$$$ plain and simple.
The police are not in control of the red light cameras. They are owned and monitored by a private company and the video goes to the city attorney not the police department. Police reports do not go to the city attorney until someone is arrested for the alledged crime.
I call your post BS! So you think it's ok for police to go on a high speed chase and risk other people's lives for a piece of metal? That tells me a lot about your ethics/morals. How do you know they didn't pull them over? Red light cameras only monitor a few hundred feet of intersection.
To duh

Florissant, MO

#341 Jun 24, 2013
I know they didn't pull them over because another department recovered the car a few days later, and I spoke with the chief about this very incident.
I don't expect the police to chase a hunk of metal, I expect them to chase criminals, especially violent felons!!! There is a reason for the "felony stop" on car thieves, because they are usually up to quite a bit more "not good" stuff than just stealing cars.
Finally, it's plain as day in the video, my car goes thru the light (making a right turn) and the cruiser pulls to a stop right behind.
adding

Florissant, MO

#342 Jun 24, 2013
Btw, the city attorney has NOTHING to do with it. There is a flor officer who logs into American Traffic Solution's system and watches the "violations". They click a button to say yes this is a violation send the ticket or no don't.
Problem is, no one takes the time to run plates for stolens!!
Wrong headed thinking

Florissant, MO

#344 Jun 25, 2013
This is why these cameras are nothing but a bullshit money grab. Think about this: "it's the car's fault". Yep that's what Florissant is saying. "We ticket the car (not the driver)". If your car was stolen the burden rests in the owner to prove it.

It's a huge steaming pile of bullshit. Yet "we the people" let them get away with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
minority council person ? 1 hr Eyz n teef 16
Florissant or O'Fallon? 1 hr Cometstorm 32
Born to Whine Tue exposing florissant 5
special delivery Mon exposing florissant 6
Tall Grass in Florissant Apr 24 Joe 14
the secret shadow government Apr 23 CSM1 22
curbs falling apart Apr 22 White Chick 5

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance