Owners of shoddy homes seek county ac...

Owners of shoddy homes seek county action

There are 3 comments on the The Gazette story from Mar 11, 2007, titled Owners of shoddy homes seek county action. In it, The Gazette reports that:

“I am so tired of this, I could sit down and cry. This was supposed to be my dream home and it's turned into a total nightmare.”

Two Florissant residents are calling for an investigation of the Teller County Building Department after county inspectors approved shoddy work by a contractor, leaving their houses with numerous code ... via The Gazette

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

David

La Veta, CO

#1 Apr 22, 2007
What I want to know is how is it we live in one of the smallest counties if not the smallest in the state and we have to pay one of the highest permit fees in the state! Then we get shoddy work passed by the inspectors! I think somebody should contact the States Attorney via a letter and ask for a full investigation of all the money and where it is going. When the State Attorney is contacted in writing he must act upon the request!(I bet the county does not want that to be known!)
Karen in Florissant Colo

United States

#2 Sep 4, 2007
We paid $350 for a home inspection for our house. After we moved in we had to spend around $700 in roof repairs because the metal roof was done improperly and we had some bad leaks. Of course, no one wants to take responsiblity for it so we are stuck with the problem. What kind of training is required of these inspectors and why aren't they responsible when they don't do their job?
modette

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Sep 6, 2007
Home Inspectors can only state what they SEE, if it was not leaking at the time, or no obvious missing shingles or flashing then how can they write it up. They have no idea what is going on inside walls or ceilings and thus the paper you sign says this. Home inspections are really a gimmick anyways. I already had taken note of most of the stuff, and he just wrote it down and spotted a few things I did not know/see. Your inspector should of explained it is only what they an SEE not what MIGHT be happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr lake bay boy 38,754
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 8 hr Rebecca 24,683
Trump for President, He will win. watch 11 hr tbird19482 10
last post wins! (Feb '11) 17 hr Knock off purse s... 26,130
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Wed 3dpg 4
Nicole Dubois-Savage Wed UIAC 1
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Tue Cyberrjesus 670

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages