Wildlife officers kill deer after att...

Wildlife officers kill deer after attack on Colorado woman

There are 5 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Oct 13, 2009, titled Wildlife officers kill deer after attack on Colorado woman. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Colorado wildlife officers killed a deer that gored a woman who officers say was trying to pet it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

Greeley, CO

#1 Oct 13, 2009
The idiot tried to pet a wild animal and yet they put the deer down....???? Should have put her down....

Denver, CO

#2 Oct 13, 2009
Joan NUTT lived up to her name.

Denver, CO

#3 Oct 13, 2009
the deer kept harrassing the paramedics. This is why you don't feed wildlife, they don't understand. Leave the wildlife alone and they'll leave you alone. I'm glad they put it down though. Don't get hurt people, it's just one deer. Think of all the others, it's hunting season...

Denver, CO

#4 Oct 13, 2009
This story upset me enough that I had to comment. I am angry to hear the deer had to loose its life due to stupid human decision(s)Ė once again. The decision Ms. Nutt made when she chose to ďpetĒ a wild animal. Which the deer reacted the only way it knew how, to attack its aggressor. Also, Iím disappointed in the decision the Department of Wildlife made to tranquilized and euthanize the animal. What happened to three strikes and youíre out?
Isnít one of the reasons we live here in Colorado, to view wild life living in their natural surroundings. Since the family was familiar with the deer and said it was a frequent visitor to the property, I would bet it had been fed in the past (enough to lure the deer back to the area time and time again). The woman who lives on the property in Florissant should be fined, because she should have enough sense to tell her sister to leave the deer alone. People need to start accepting responsibilities for their actions.
And to mother, Iím not getting me panties in a wad over one deerís life lost, but we are supposed to be the more intelligent species and we seem to fall short quite often as this story demonstrates.

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 14, 2009
The deer was collateral damage when they were trying to shoot NUTT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Wondering 28,546
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr Trevet 19,871
Treason 5 hr Blueovalblueblood 2
News Salvation Army signing up families in need for ... (Nov '09) 15 hr amalia padilla 119
out of meds Mon Matty t 9
Rebecca Jane Hudson (Feb '15) Nov 21 Magauhy 3
106.7 kbpi is the worst morning show ever! (Feb '15) Nov 21 Lacey 568
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages