Very unpleasant lunch at Struttin Tur...

Very unpleasant lunch at Struttin Turkey Restaurant in South Florence

Posted in the Florence Forum

Bart H

Campobello, SC

#1 Feb 23, 2014
My wife, two children, and I went to the Struttin Turkey restaurant today after church services. While there the atmosphere was very tense. After halfway through our meal, the owner,(asked an employee his name, Charles Timmons) was being very loud and grouchy, was mistreating and yelling at his employees. At a threating level. He is a very rude gentleman, and my family and I won't patronize an establishment, and support an establishment that treats there customers and employees in that manner. It was beyond shocking. You could hear the "F" word being used in the kitchen area. I looked at Mr. Timmons as we were leaving and his guys looked like he was intoxicated. We got up and left before we finished our meal. That's the second time I've been there with the same gentleman in an outrage. It's not a good atmosphere for children. I'm going to complain to the employment comm tomorrow about his treatment of employees. The bad attitude there was the worst I've ever witnessed.
Gordon 24

Campobello, SC

#2 Feb 23, 2014
People have no respect these days. Doesn't sound like he will be in business long acting like that. I ate there once. Good fried chicken. BBQ was below average.
Biggie love

Campobello, SC

#3 Feb 23, 2014
Gordon 24 wrote:
People have no respect these days. Doesn't sound like he will be in business long acting like that. I ate there once. Good fried chicken. BBQ was below average.
Maryland has the best fried chicken. Lol
Mary

Summerville, SC

#4 Sep 7, 2014
False advertisement. The menu states that a large to go meal includes 2 meat, three sides, and a drink. The large to go box should not weigh no more than 3 pounds. The owner followed me around, and told me I was getting too much bbq. I was at 2.7 pounds. The menu and the sign on the buffet bar clearly states that I can get 2 meat. He told me that I am only allowed 1 pound of meat, but the menus and the signs contradict what he was saying. I asked him to provide me with what he was saying in writing. He couldn't so he called the police. I was so humiliated. He snatched my box out of my hands. I didn't caused a scene by any mean. He followed us to my car while we were trying to leave. He is very unprofessional and provoking. I am posting my experience, because I don't want anybody to go through the hurt I went through. Please be careful.
Eulane

Waxhaw, NC

#5 Nov 1, 2014
I've eaten there several times and nothing like this ever happened to us. Love the food and atmosphere!!!
Anniie

Florence, SC

#6 Apr 5, 2016
To each is own cant please them all
Joe Simmons

Mullins, SC

#7 Nov 4, 2016
They have a crazy bearded man driving their catering truck in Columbia. Tried to run me off the road and threatened to "rip my throat out" because he cut me off.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Food might be great but I'm not stepping foot in that place. It appears to be staffed by ex convicts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
used work clothes (May '11) Dec '16 Elvis 38
Jared Lee Jordan Dec '16 Jlwcc 1
News Erin O'Flaherty: Miss Missouri is Miss America'... Nov '16 Sorry 20
Dexter Lindsey Needs Help Nov '16 Your Brother Chris 1
Effingham Music Selection (Sep '12) Oct '16 Musikologist 13
Florence Is Corrupt (Sep '13) Oct '16 sicklecell supporter 6
Why did my husband "I did not have sex with tha... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Scotty Steiner 1

Florence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florence Mortgages