ups_downs

Newington, CT

#1 Jun 2, 2011
Anybody heard that Otis Elevator was going to start a manufacturing plant in Florence?
Marty Pieper

Newington, CT

#2 Jun 3, 2011
Yes. I have heard this. It is absolutely true.
manonthemove

Newington, CT

#3 Jun 21, 2011
well if this is true how does a man on the move get a job there?
Rich Smithson

Newington, CT

#4 Jun 21, 2011
I don't know but give me a heads up when you find out.
luckylinda

Dayton, OH

#6 Jul 26, 2011
ups_downs wrote:
Anybody heard that Otis Elevator was going to start a manufacturing plant in Florence?
A friend of mine that works for otis elevator stated that they are moveing their operations from Mexico to Florence and that they would be hiring 400 people.
jeff

Surprise, AZ

#7 Aug 5, 2011
This is true. The geniuses at corporate think they will be saving money somehow moving from mexico to south carolina. I would not get your hopes up too much though. This project will sink the company, listen for that flushing sound.
Otis_employee

Newington, CT

#8 Aug 10, 2011
I work for Otis and I welcome the fact that Otis Elevators will once again be Made in the USA. Jeff, is that your real name or could it be Pedro?
Jeff

Surprise, AZ

#9 Aug 11, 2011
Otis_employee wrote:
I work for Otis and I welcome the fact that Otis Elevators will once again be Made in the USA. Jeff, is that your real name or could it be Pedro?
If you do work for Otis you obviously know very little about the manufacturing process.
FYI "Otis employee", a couple hundred good people in Tucson and Blomington will be losing their jobs also. And after this project fails miserably, your job will be close behind.
scars remain

Canada

#10 Sep 12, 2011
scars remain

Canada

#11 Sep 12, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House Painting in Florence 12 hr jpacelt 1
News Swimmer rescued from ocean in Myrtle Beach has ... Jul 9 I am a rn 1
News Darlington Police seek suspect who placed 'card... Jul 6 Bert Lasagna 1
Yard sale junky Jun 23 Envious 1
News Jury chosen for capital murder trial of Williams (Jun '06) Jun '16 the truth is out ... 4
News Darlington Deputy Accused of Voluntary Manslaug... (Feb '06) Jun '16 SCPROUD 7
News Haley vs. Leatherman: The $2 million S.C. Senat... May '16 RFH29501 1

Florence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florence Mortgages