SC prison director prepares early release plans

Nov 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

South Carolina's prison director said Thursday he has prepared plans to deal with a budget shortfall in part by releasing inmates early if the Legislature approves.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
SHELLY BROWN

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

I think it's a good idea. Inmates are peolple too and they deserve a second chance. I mean don't get me wrong they should be punished for their crime but they should also recieve a second chance to better their lives. I say give them another chance to go home tho their families.
sandra belcher

Fort Mill, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

I think we have sick and old inmates that need to be sent home to family and let them die at home, you have people in prison that are hungry,because
the state of south carolina can not feed them.The
prisnors are human and deserve to eat.They deserve to be seen when they are sick, not told to take 800 m. motran when you are passing a kidney stone.We treat our animals better than our own people.Let them go home
brittney

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

i hope they do let them go and i hope my husband is one we have 2 kids under the age of 2 and the youngest still ant met his daddy im ready for him to be home
DENICA

Donalds, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

I HOPE THIS BILL IS PASSED THERE ARE SOME GOOD PEOPLE BEHIND BARS FOR MAKING A MISTAKE IN LIFE LIKE MY BOYFRIEND WHO'S BEEN LOCKED UP FOR EIGHT YEARS AND HES KNOW WHERE NEAR A CRIMINAL.HE WAS A GREAT ATHELET IN HIGH SCHOOL AND STARTED COLLEGE HE JUST MADE ONE BAD CHOICE. NOW HES A STATE TRUSTEE AND I FEEL IF THE STATE CAN TRUST HIM TO DO GOOD WHY NOT LET HIM COME HOME TO HIS FAMILY.
DENICA

Donalds, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

I hope this bill is passed there are some good people behind bars for making a mistake in life like my boyfriend who's been locked up for eight years and hes no where near a criminal. He was a great athelet in high school and started college he just made one bad choice. now hes a state trustee and i feel if the state can trust him to do good why not let him come home to his family.
Betsy

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

It's a known fact that SC has given sentences that are too long, and there is no money to pay for the support of these inmates, which is causing overcrowded conditions. It's ashame the state has actually dropped 1 meal a day from the inmates daily intake of food, just to cut costs... They've even cut beneficial programs, necessary for inmate rehabilitation...
I feel they need to look at an inmates behavioral record, from the start of their time, and see who deserves to be released. Certain inmates serving their time, have gone years without ever getting 1 single write-up... These are the people who should be released back into society. It should have nothing to do with how much time they have left, or what their charges were. The rate of recidivisim, is outrageous, because inmates are either paroled or maxed out too soon... and still getting into trouble. There's been no rebilitation, provided.... Yes, I agree inmates should be released early, but should be selected according to their behavior and actions, during their time in prison..
Kim

Kingstree, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

I wish that this law is passed it's irrate how they treat prisoners. Everyone in prison is not a bad person but yet they are treated as if they are nothing. How do they expect prisoners to come home and do good when in fact they have been treated like nothing while locked up. Prison don't make these people better and that's why they have so much repeated offenders. These people deserve better they always taking away from the prisoners but I bet they make sure that their paychecks are straight. Prisoners are human to and should be treated like a human and should be treated with respect especially when they want so much respect back. They are focusing so much on money until they are forgetting about the well being of the prisoners. They cover up a whole lot not only the medical treatment but the food poisoning and everything else. These things should be of a concern. Politics!!!!! All about their own pockets and less concern about the people.
jane

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

I agree i have a son that made a mistake following others kids but he did not kill anybody and got 15 years way too much time he's only 19 and he is remorseful and is so sorry he done what he did and that he is putting his family through this he tells me every time i talk to him how sorry he is i know he's only been gone about 6 months but i pray the law will change in a couple and i can have my son home i feel so empty without him and his 7 year old sister misses him so much. and my mother is getting more depressed everyday . Now i have to worry about her and i'm scared most of the time that something will happen before he gets out. Let;s all pray that god gives us a miracle.
Angela Pinkney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2011

Judged:

Support the early release of those that have searved at least 75% of there sentence. Please write letters to ur legislators supporting. South Carolina Department of probatio, parole and pardon services, 2221 devine street siite 600, po box 50666, columbia, sc 29250.. Free Nathaniel Holmes, Scdc#00156963, location: Lieber. This blackman made a mistake at a young nieve age that he has currently served 22 years of a 30 to life sentence. Hes grown and bettered himself in many ways. please support the release of this now man... Give him a 2nd chance to Live....
teresa hewett

Eastman, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

My daughter deserves a second chance she got messed up with a boyfriend who beat her then threatened her that if she didn't go rob a old ladies pocketbook that beating wasn't nothing compared to what she would get if she didn't. Also he got her off her off her medicine mental and disorders also.diseases which she was getting treatment for until he forbidden her to take and made it impossible for her to.get help
Danny Bragg

Goose Creek, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Angela Pinkney wrote:
Support the early release of those that have searved at least 75% of there sentence. Please write letters to ur legislators supporting. South Carolina Department of probatio, parole and pardon services, 2221 devine street siite 600, po box 50666, columbia, sc 29250.. Free Nathaniel Holmes, Scdc#00156963, location: Lieber. This blackman made a mistake at a young nieve age that he has currently served 22 years of a 30 to life sentence. Hes grown and bettered himself in many ways. please support the release of this now man... Give him a 2nd chance to Live....
Shout out to Big Six Nine my friend to da end hold ya head bra Free Six

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Florence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Florence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••