AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Judged:

I would like to see at least once a week the Booking reports for Darlington County. With the crime rate up and will be worse the closer to Christmas, I think the public has a right to know who is going to Jail. We all would like to think we live in a safe neighborhood. In recent weeks I have seen and heard about my own neighbors being arrested for things like Break-ins. I think Public awareness could help our local officers Prevent, Find, and arrest these criminals and get them off the street. I would like to hear from other Residents to hear what they think.
HvllBoy

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

Judged:

I believe that the Hartsville Messenger has these posted. Excellent idea though. To bad there aren't pictures too.
Concerned in Darlington

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

HvllBoy wrote:
I believe that the Hartsville Messenger has these posted. Excellent idea though. To bad there aren't pictures too.
I agree. I am disabled but maybe I can get someone to get the paper for me. Bless you and Thanks

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Judged:

Why is it necessary to blast it to the world when someone has been arrested ?What good does it do ?That person having their face in the paper is not going to stop them from commiting crime.
You people just live in a small town and want to know everyone else's business your saying its for your safety is complete BS ,
its because you want to be nosy .The only peoples photo that we should see are Those who commit violent crimes,other than that mind your own business .My cousin got arrested once and had prisoners writing her ,and got stalked .
Anon

Hogansville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

I agree 65 love affair

They should post the ones that commit crimes of sexual abuse, murder and such, but for people to keep their lives full of gossip and BS is ridiculous.
personwhose been robbed

Mcbee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

@65 love affair.... you are clueless. I have been robbed and it was my children's fourwheeler that they got for chirstmas. They didn't have it a month before some love life stole it. So putting these criminal's name's and pictures in the paper at least let us know who is doing the robbing especially if they live in our area.. So it isn't about being nosey its about protecting what's yours. And it don't matter where you live, whether it's a small town or a big city a criminal is a criminal and everyone has a right to know who there neighbor's "really are"!!!!!
specific enlightment

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

there are alot of people who are charged with crimes who didn't commit the crimes their being charged with"therefore until they can put the officers face of the charging crime"the public is only getting half the story.......to place someone'sface in the paper is a tool being used by the system to munipulate the general public.we should be notified of the charging officer by way of the paper"and the outcome of the allegations charged.thats also public information"until this happens you will be given half of a story and maybe the face you see in the paper maybe your own...... something to think about.."if your going to put in the paper"put it all in the paper.
prinzofcharm

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

No ctime should go unpunished. All crimes are considered equal. The police and news media doesn't have time, to pick and choose which crimes to report. If you do the crime, then expect to be shown as a criminal in the news or newspaper or internet blogs, no matter how less important, the crime you feel, it is to you. Im sure a murderer would and should be reported. If it didnt get reported, more people would probably be doing it on a regular basis. I say if you cheat on taxes, steal, shoplift, petty lacerny, sexual harrassment, domestic violence,get caught speeding excessively, a drunkard and knowingly make a false police report, or lie to the police or public officials!! All of these are no less of a crime, than an out right sex offender or murderer, many of those bigger crimes, stem from those smaller and lesser ones anyway in my book, and should be reported. Maybe the offender or offenders. He or She would think twice, before they committe a crime,the next time. No matter how small or seemingly less important of a crime it seems to the viewing public. Big crimes begin with alot of smaller ones getting the glance over. I say report them all equally no crime discrimination, this shouldnt bother you if you didnt have anything to hide in first place you reap what you sowe.....this would be a big help in detering crime and big help fighting crime with police department and neighborhood watch citizens.
face it

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

There is a site on darcosc.com where you can see the arrests daily. Go to government and drop list has detention center and it drops to bookings and releases. When the inmate is released, they are removed from list. Some people are innocent but still put in jail and look bad, They are listed in papers that are put in stores on the counter for everyone to see and listed in News and Press paper and the Messenger and look bad but are innoncent just treated badly by some cocky Deputy Sheriff trying to show off in front of his peers. This is not innocent until proven guilty like it is suppose to be.
james jackson

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

My home have been broken into about five times in the pass four years . I have had four flat screen tv's stolen, two guns,a laptop, scanner and a safe. I mean big tv's two 46 inch two 32inch and i think by patrolling the area would prevent some of this.
IT-S BACK

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

May Gods fury burn against Florence County Sheriff's Office for now and forever.
getemoffthestrts

Mcbee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Concerned in Darlington wrote:
I would like to see at least once a week the Booking reports for Darlington County. With the crime rate up and will be worse the closer to Christmas, I think the public has a right to know who is going to Jail. We all would like to think we live in a safe neighborhood. In recent weeks I have seen and heard about my own neighbors being arrested for things like Break-ins. I think Public awareness could help our local officers Prevent, Find, and arrest these criminals and get them off the street. I would like to hear from other Residents to hear what they think.
You can view who is in jail at anytime of the day. Just type in, Darlington county detention center, and when the home page comes up all you do is click on bookings/releases and you can see every name of every person that is the jail at darlington detention center. Hope this helps.
Trollinatitsfine st

Chesterfield, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

personwhose been robbed wrote:
@65 love affair.... you are clueless. I have been robbed and it was my children's fourwheeler that they got for chirstmas. They didn't have it a month before some love life stole it. So putting these criminal's name's and pictures in the paper at least let us know who is doing the robbing especially if they live in our area.. So it isn't about being nosey its about protecting what's yours. And it don't matter where you live, whether it's a small town or a big city a criminal is a criminal and everyone has a right to know who there neighbor's "really are"!!!!!
No your completely wrong. The law is supposed to work on the innocent until proven guilty basis and by advertising someone's face all over media before they have been proven guilty, the fake Christians who judge people condemn them early. Stop being nosy. Lock your belongings up. Pay for a security system. If something happens to them, your at fault as well. There should be no reason why one person should be condemned in the eyes of a community before they have a chance to defend themselves. Otherwise, corrupt police can ruin a persons life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Florence Discussions

Search the Florence Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Heinz to close three North American plants Apr 20 Sequel 3
Darlington SC sucks (May '09) Apr 20 Sequel 28
used work clothes (May '11) Apr 18 mike 34
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Apr 11 yeah 1,104
Apartments around town? Apr 7 Shane 1
Review: Records Managers Apr 5 Jazmine McKenzie 1
Review: The Flipper Records Apr 5 Jazmine McKenzie 1
•••

Flood Warning for Florence County was issued at April 22 at 9:47PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Florence Jobs

•••
•••