Health advisory is issued for Siltcoo...

Health advisory is issued for Siltcoos Lake

There are 3 comments on the Statesman Journal story from Oct 28, 2008, titled Health advisory is issued for Siltcoos Lake. In it, Statesman Journal reports that:

A health advisory to avoid contact with the water at Siltcoos Lake because of elevated levels of toxin-producing blue-green algae was issued today by local and state health officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesman Journal.

Mary

Canada

#1 Feb 2, 2009
we are thinking of renting on the lake for 2 weeks at the beginning of July - is it warm - is it safe to swim in - I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts- thanks -M
sillywhispers

Dallas, OR

#2 Mar 14, 2009
I'd be more concerned about an algae bloom in very late summer and in the fall during Indian summer. July should be a perfect time to enjoy the water.
smudge

Ashburn, VA

#3 Apr 7, 2009
Huh?
Having lived a hour out of Vancouver, BC, I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone would vacation at Siltcoos, when they have BC at its most beautiful time of year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winston mayor arrested on sex and weapons charges (Mar '17) Oct 13 Mary 5
Richard calkins (Jan '08) Oct 4 hailey calkins 12
News Douglas County libraries slated to close April 1 (Jan '17) Jan '17 Besi 1
News Man, 22, charged in fatal stabbing at Myrtle Cr... (Aug '16) Oct '16 MSB 3
Major truckstps going north like pilot loves ta (Mar '16) Mar '16 Brian 1
Looking for feminine cross dresser in florence (Mar '16) Mar '16 Brian 1
anyone know duane sassi sinclare (Nov '09) Jun '14 Meme 16

Florence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance