First Prev
of 2
Next Last
can you help

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Jun 21, 2011
can you someone who is familiar with all the details provide a breakdown? I am confused on all the characters and accusations. Michael Funk was arrested for Jenny's murder but was ultimately acquitted after 3 trials. What are the theories regarding her own family being responsible? What are the stories about her family? A reputation for being child molesters? Why did they question her Mom and give her a lie detector test? Was there a reason to suspect her? What does the clown, shopping cart and dollhouse have to do with this all? Were those toys used to try to lure children? Who was the child found in the well? A realation to Jenny? What happened, was anyone charged? Or what are the rumors?
I am extremely interested in this case; I moved to this area as a child - right after this happened and I remember making friends with people who knew her and were very upset. These were just kids who didn't know all the "stories", just that their friend was murdered. And I've also heard that after Jenny was found the police screwed up by not taking care of her body properly.
If anyone can take the time to answer these questions and provide more insight it would be greatly appreciated.
To the family of Jenny, she is still an active thoughts with people, she is not forgotten. We will continue to pray for her everlasting peace.
iles

United States

#22 Jun 21, 2011
The Parents like n any child murder had to b cleared so to rule themselves out volenteered to lie detecter tests. Jenny went missing 4/21/89 it. was good Friday. She was missing for two weeks but was killed the same day she disappeared. Mike was charged and aquited. He bragged to cellmates that he killed jenny and the detective n the case was very clear to me that Mike did it. It is an open case if it would have been possible he would loved nothing more then to tell me what evidence they had on Mike funk.
iles

El Monte, CA

#23 Jun 21, 2011
The boy in the cistern was my second cousin. Very sad and he was murdered by his mothers boyfriend. It happened like 45 years ago.
Anonymous

Covington, KY

#24 Jul 7, 2011
I was trying to find info on this as well. I am not having much luck. I do remember when this happened. Something about it all struck a chord with me. Even to this day I can't forget it. She lived in the same city as me and we were exactly the same age when she was murdered. I remember saying my prayers at night before bed and asking Jesus to let her come home. To this day they haven't actually solved the crime. I'm just wondering that maybe now they can with all the advances in technology and DNA testing.
BTW...I do remember something about a clown. Keep in mind I am trying to remember something that happened when I was 7 so that was 21 yrs ago. However, I think it was something along the lines of her mom saying she was led away by a clown?? Is that right? I also remember at the time it was going on my parents being convinced that her family knew or had something to do with it. That was just their opinion, of course. I will have to ask my Mom what she remembers.
iles

United States

#25 Jul 16, 2011
Very interested n the clown into or any memories. Yes, it would b nice if evidence was looked at and new testing done.
iles

United States

#26 Jul 16, 2011
Info not into
are you kidding

Hamilton, OH

#27 Jul 16, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
I was trying to find info on this as well. I am not having much luck. I do remember when this happened. Something about it all struck a chord with me. Even to this day I can't forget it. She lived in the same city as me and we were exactly the same age when she was murdered. I remember saying my prayers at night before bed and asking Jesus to let her come home. To this day they haven't actually solved the crime. I'm just wondering that maybe now they can with all the advances in technology and DNA testing.
BTW...I do remember something about a clown. Keep in mind I am trying to remember something that happened when I was 7 so that was 21 yrs ago. However, I think it was something along the lines of her mom saying she was led away by a clown?? Is that right? I also remember at the time it was going on my parents being convinced that her family knew or had something to do with it. That was just their opinion, of course. I will have to ask my Mom what she remembers.
really? bing it. there is alot on this case. deanna denesion(spelling?) was his att.

“Work hard play hard”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28 Jul 18, 2011
Ask your aunt, Jennys mom about the uncle they fed sandwiches too that said he did it. There are news articles about it. Ask her about when everyone was looking for her daughter her and her sister was buying beer at ameristop laughing and cutting it up, causing 6 people to walk out of the store because they couldnt hold their toung. Ask her about the threats her and her sister posted during trial in the bathroom. There is a ton of things out there believe that.

“Work hard play hard”

Location hidden

#29 Jul 18, 2011
it wasnt 45 yrs ago, but it was a while ago, because I remember it. Michael did not tell an inmate anything, that was a lie. Her body was left overnight in the corners car. There was make up and glitter on her. The doll house was in the home and the pro said that is how he got her in there, the problem is that doll house belonged to the home owners daughter. Michael funk would have had to peddle a bike from norwood to covington in rush hour traffic with road construction from Ohio to Cov. The pro office, Don Burring said he believed a killer walked free and closed the case. The case was closed because they screwed up so bad they wouldnt have a chance.
So Right

Cincinnati, OH

#30 Jul 19, 2011
Jenny's mother did not act like a mother who was grieving over her missing daughter. I remember seeing her on the news. Either she was on hardcore drugs or I don't know what! Every time I saw her mother on TV I just had a feeling she either did it or was in on it some how. She NEVER appeared to be upset enough to me. I really wish the police would have handled this case properly from the beginning. The way that child's body was handled was down right unscrupulous. I pray the truth will finally come out!!!!

“Work hard play hard”

Location hidden

#31 Jul 19, 2011
So right, you got that right. Everyones life was turned upside down but theirs. They went on like nothing ever happened. It was sick and still haunts alot of us. But we all know that some day the person will pay for it in the worse way anyone can imagine. Remember the little boy she was playing with got the first blame, it didnt last long, but he was the first one they went to.
iles

United States

#32 Jul 21, 2011
A lot of what ur saying i have never heard before. Never heard of a boy she was playing with or her body sitting or dollhouse or glitter and make up or clown. I copied all the news articles and never read about any of this but i am very interested in anything u remember. I wish more then anything her murder gets solved no matter who the murderer is. Family or stranger either way a monster is out there!
kissmyass

El Monte, CA

#33 Sep 1, 2012
really tho wrote:
don don iles is just as crazy as the rest of the iles don don slept wit his cousin and now they have a deaf child how messed up is that i mean really thats crazy they are just stupid ppl elvis iles raped a girl and went to prison for it his son elvis beats and rapes women they stupid ppl who need to get a life or live on some land all alone
The Iles are my family! They are no fucked up in the head then other ppl are also! Yeah some of them are nuts BUT thats wat u get when u mess with family! I WOULD NE THE FIRST TO CALL ON MY FAMILY THE "ILES" if some one was messin with me or my kids/family!!! THEM CRAZZY ASS PPL GOT MY BACK TILL THE END!
Just my 2 cents

Louisville, KY

#34 Sep 2, 2012
How about contacting Nancy Grace. Maybe she can get her hound dogs on the case and uncover something. I think she is a (insert bad word here) sometimes but she does seem to care.
Sadly I don't remember much about this case as I traveled out of town alot back then. All the same I hate to see children get murdered. RIP little ones and burn in hell to the person or persons involved.
Off Subject Here

Cincinnati, OH

#35 Feb 26, 2014
Thought this was about Don Don Iles and others committing horrible act?
iles suck

Florence, KY

#36 Mar 30, 2014
i married into the iles family and thank god i got out of that crap don don was my brother in law along with joey, john casey. this family will rob from thier own a destroy lives,they have know remorse for any of thier actions and the worst part is the parents do nothing but enable them so in my opinion of these people they are just like the whites of west virginia a bunch of low life pricks
walls

Chicago, IL

#37 May 25, 2014
I am from Covington and I remember from me a child hearing about Jenny. It was very sad. My mom and dad grew up with Jenny's mom and dad and family. And I heard allot while growing up. Was she found in Tom's old house?
Curious

Chicago, IL

#38 Nov 7, 2014
Right, I want to know more about the rape in Devon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
feral/stray cats (Jun '11) 13 min Crazy 138
Odds and Ends 14 min Crazy 4
Olympia Ky 20 min Olympia girl 1
Why are Newport School Threads Deleted (Dec '13) 1 hr Insider 61
number 1 reason not to put up decorations in sc... 2 hr Board Sleeps On 5
Northern Kentucky Hates Heroin (Jan '14) 12 hr Athenesword 10
Where are the hookers in Covington? (Mar '11) 20 hr Athenesword 101
Florence Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Florence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Florence News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Florence

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:23 am PST

Bleacher Report 3:23AM
Coby Fleener Realizing His Potential, Developing into Solid TE for Colts Offense
NFL 3:54 AM
Mike Tomlin downplays spat with Reggie Nelson
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
NFL Super Bowl Odds, Wild Card Analysis
Bleacher Report 6:12 AM
Steelers Attempt the Worst Fake Punt
Bleacher Report 8:14 AM
2014-15 Wild Card Round Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings