Cali bound

Newark, OH

#21 Apr 26, 2013
10 to five wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the spotlight was on them yet again at this month's board meeting. What was that all about?
The kiddies going to Cali now with FBLA. Asked board to help fund the trip. Need money to go to Disneyland
J H C

Covington, KY

#22 Apr 26, 2013
Cali bound wrote:
<quoted text>The kiddies going to Cali now with FBLA. Asked board to help fund the trip. Need money to go to Disneyland
Please say this is a joke.
state

Newark, OH

#23 Apr 26, 2013
Cali bound wrote:
<quoted text>The kiddies going to Cali now with FBLA. Asked board to help fund the trip. Need money to go to Disneyland
I don't really understand how this is bad. I think these students won at the state competition and are moving on to the national level. To me this seems like a positive experience and a time for these students to show their skills on a very big stage. I feel they are much more deserving of a trip to California for their hard work than someone who misused money that was meant for kids and was promoting customer service...I would think not "stealing from children" would be number #1 rule of customer service with taxpayer money. I hope they win. Good luck Ms. White and FBLA, give Newport something to be proud of.
Cali bound

Newark, OH

#24 Apr 26, 2013
J H C wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what was said at the board meeting. For a national FBLA conference or some such thing. One of the girls gave a little presentation and asked the board to contribute for the trip for two girls and a teacher. Middy said $1500 and reimbursement for meals for about 5 days sounded fair to him.
Paul

United States

#25 Apr 27, 2013
Not against this but school funds shouldn't be used to send anyone to disneyland. Policy prohibits school funds from being used to pay for or reimburse entertainment expenses.
Stop the Madness

United States

#26 Apr 27, 2013
Paul wrote:
Not against this but school funds shouldn't be used to send anyone to disneyland. Policy prohibits school funds from being used to pay for or reimburse entertainment expenses.
WISH SOMEONE ON THE BOARD FOLLOWED THE LAW. WISH THE BOARD LAWYER TOLD THEM THE LAW.
Jerri

Hamilton, OH

#27 Apr 27, 2013
Lies just hurt the kids.
Helga

United States

#28 Apr 27, 2013
Jerri wrote:
Lies just hurt the kids.
What is the lie? Please tell all of us.
oldie

Fort Thomas, KY

#29 Apr 27, 2013
J H C wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a joke. I was there. And they are reimbursing them $40 per day for meals. The same per diem that is given to staff when they travel.
NO LIE

Newark, OH

#30 Apr 27, 2013
oldie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a joke. I was there. And they are reimbursing them $40 per day for meals. The same per diem that is given to staff when they travel.
was there to and its $40 per day each for three people for almost a week. But I would rather see the kids get it than middleton
Deep pockets

Covington, KY

#31 Apr 27, 2013
Stop the Madness wrote:
<quoted text>WISH SOMEONE ON THE BOARD FOLLOWED THE LAW. WISH THE BOARD LAWYER TOLD THEM THE LAW.
If the board is paying so much to feed them why cant they pay their way to Disneyland? Have a fund raiser. Car wash. Have relatives chip in.
Former NPT Parent

Cincinnati, OH

#32 Apr 27, 2013
Get your facts straight before you start spouting lies. The Board is not paying for a Disneyland trip.
Parents should be thanking B and G Combs for all the volunteer time they donate to the system. They give their time, effort, and money to benefit all the kids. Maybe those who badmouth them need to get off their rears and start helping out instead of complaining all the time.
Rewind

Covington, KY

#33 Apr 27, 2013
Former NPT Parent wrote:
Get your facts straight before you start spouting lies. The Board is not paying for a Disneyland trip.
Parents should be thanking B and G Combs for all the volunteer time they donate to the system. They give their time, effort, and money to benefit all the kids. Maybe those who badmouth them need to get off their rears and start helping out instead of complaining all the time.
If a lump sum us being given sounds like Disney may be paid for. Why was Disney being discussed at all? Plus i trust people who were at the board meeting over a supporter. I appreciate all the work the Combs family does to keep Newport rolling but that does not mean the board can "reward" the kids with tax money or spend money on prohibited things.
NO LIE

Newark, OH

#34 Apr 27, 2013
They did do some fundraising which will cover their lodging. Going to Disneyland was mentioned. Maybe fund raising is covering that too?
Lame

Erlanger, KY

#35 Apr 27, 2013
If you do not own your home or work the. You do NOT contribute to any tax dollars in this community, so you are not paying for the kids. Those who own homes, work, and pay income taxes are who is contributing. Did you get an earned income credit, food stamps, hud, then you are not paying! and, if you are paying, Why do you care if a small amount of money is paid for a couple of kids to go to Disneyland while they are in CA? Really? Rewarding kids for their awesome achievements is not acceptable? Get a freaken life. The per diem they are giving the kids is the federal standard. Oh, but if you worked and traveled for work you would know that. Would you rather these kids not go, stay here and live your life?
Rewind wrote:
<quoted text>
If a lump sum us being given sounds like Disney may be paid for. Why was Disney being discussed at all? Plus i trust people who were at the board meeting over a supporter. I appreciate all the work the Combs family does to keep Newport rolling but that does not mean the board can "reward" the kids with tax money or spend money on prohibited things.
You are a moron

Covington, KY

#36 Apr 28, 2013
Lame wrote:
<quoted text>If you do not own your home or work the. You do NOT contribute to any tax dollars in this community, so you are not paying for the kids. Those who own homes, work, and pay income taxes are who is contributing. Did you get an earned income credit, food stamps, hud, then you are not paying! and, if you are paying, Why do you care if a small amount of money is paid for a couple of kids to go to Disneyland while they are in CA? Really? Rewarding kids for their awesome achievements is not acceptable? Get a freaken life. The per diem they are giving the kids is the federal standard. Oh, but if you worked and traveled for work you would know that. Would you rather these kids not go, stay here and live your life?
Doesnt matter if any poster pays one cent toward tax money for your miserable underperforming schools --- you are supported by local, county, state and federal tax dollars AND ARE ACCOUNTABLE for how that money is spent. Every penny. THAT appears to be a lesson Newport "leadership" hasnt learned. Get used to the public keeping tabs on you guys. Youve already proven numerous times you cant handle the millions flowing through your fingers. Too much crazy spending and not enough learning in Newport!
Lame

Erlanger, KY

#37 Apr 28, 2013
Preparing kids for school starts at home. The social economic classes in Newport schools will always negatively impact our scores. And, more importantly, state test scores are only one (and a lousy one) measure of school performance. So who's the moron?
ZARCO the Great

Covington, KY

#38 Apr 28, 2013
Lame wrote:
Preparing kids for school starts at home. The social economic classes in Newport schools will always negatively impact our scores. And, more importantly, state test scores are only one (and a lousy one) measure of school performance. So who's the moron?
You are still the moron.
Lame

Erlanger, KY

#39 Apr 28, 2013
Wow, even less creative in this post. Fort Thomas education I guess provides little out of the box thinking.
ZARCO the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still the moron.
IDIOT

Newark, OH

#40 Apr 28, 2013
Lame wrote:
YOU ARE!!! You really should just stop posting your truly LAME comments on here because you only continue to make yourself look STUPID BEYOND BELIEF!!! I have worked for both State and Federal government and paying for trips to Disneyland like this is ILLEGAL. And Per Diem rates apply to government employees not their families friends or students of a school district. Just because you have a bunch of crooked thieving administrators saying it's ok doesn't make it so!!! Do yourself a favor and SHUT UP!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TWC internet pricing in the area 2 hr Newportian 3
Gymnastics? 4 hr Independence 4
Old pevert man named Mike at Floyd's 711 bar 6 hr Gene 10
Last plea to Mistress Reba 6 hr Pud 3
Jenny Sue Iles murder (Feb '10) Thu volunteer 181
Poll What Samantha Ramsey's homocide... justified? (May '14) Wed Reads too much 592
News Almo man indicted (Apr '08) Mar 24 perverted justice... 8
Florence Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Florence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]