First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Seriously

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Aug 9, 2011
Something needs to be done. Newports' athletics are garbage, and the only thing he's done is implant policies that are making everything worse. There's no loyalty, there's no commitment. How can you be athletic director AND head coach? One man running the show, everyone suffers. I would say except the football program, but even that suffers too. All these parents out here, you know who you are and who you're not, need to get off the pills, put down the crack pipe and get involved in your kids lives.
QUITE YOUR WHINING

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 9, 2011
I think you need to put your crack pipe down, quick talking about stuff you have no clue about. Why don't you say that to his face. He has instilled a better attitude in a lot of kids. He is a Newport boy and is doing a great job with what he has. His hands are tied for the most part to do more things for all the programs. HE IS DONG A GREAT JOB. SO KEEP YOU MOUTH ON THE CRACK PIPE and off a good ole boy from Newport.
Seriously

United States

#3 Aug 10, 2011
FYI anything I said above I said to his face, and obviously you dont know wtf your talking about. His hands aren't tied, these are his policies, his doing. And for you to openly ASSume that I smoke crack, since you don't know me makes you an idiot. If your going to make a hypothesis, atleast make it an educated guess.
Newport Alumni

Freedom, PA

#4 Aug 10, 2011
Nick Rice is doing a wonderful job as Athletic director and head coach. The only people complaining are the ones who don't want to follow the rules or feel their kid deserves more than he/she has earned. Parents need to get involved in making their children more respectful of themselves and everyone else.
QuitYerBitchin

Florence, KY

#5 Aug 10, 2011
I also think Nick is doing a great job. No complaints from this parent.
Seriously

Middletown, OH

#6 Aug 10, 2011
QuitYerBitchin, it's really nice to see that someone on here knows how to state their opinion without attacking others that they don't know, and don't know that persons situation. Kudos to you for your tact and CLASS! Which is way more than I can say for Newport Alumni and Quite Your Whining ( which is spelled incorrectly BTW ). I have valid complaints about Rices' policies as do other parents. And it is absolutely NOT because I think my children deserve more than they've earned, or because I think that rules don't apply to me and mine. So until you know who I am, and what my issue with Rice is inparticular, state your opinion like a grown up and QUIT ( that's how that's spelled FYI ) attacking people for their opinions!
Bellevue Neighbor

Latonia, KY

#7 Aug 10, 2011
Make an investment in your childs life and throw in a helping hand with your school board and boosters and then you may complain. Everyone wants to take the easy way out on everything and have someone else do the work for them. Then when it doesn't go their way, they want to complain. The same is with politics. Half of the people that I hear complaining are not even registered to vote. In a real society, nothing is handed to you these days and Nick will take a hard worker who shows respect and follows the ruls over a player that thninks they can just show up. I would rather be preparing these young men and women to be better life long individuals than to win a simple high school athletic game. And that is what Nick is doing. Keep up the great work Mr. Rice!
Seriously

Shreve, OH

#8 Aug 10, 2011
Registered to vote: check
Attend ( 95%) of the board meetings: check
Volunteer at 4 different schools: check
Work: check
Going back to school: check
Teach my kids to respect the world: check
Instill responsibility: check
Attend every game and school function: check

Anything else you want to run your mouth about?
Really I'm starting to think that the people commenting don't even know whats going on, or have kids that play for the high school our even attend a newport public school for that matter, ie: Bellevue Neighbor.
Serious moron

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Aug 10, 2011
It's funny how you tell Newport parents to put down their crack pipes, then cry like a little biatch when someone repeats YOUR own words back to you. What a hypocrite. Anyway, what has previous coaches/administers done at Newport that make u think Nick has done such a bad job? Now u can respond and cry about this post because I pointed out your hypocrisy. When u make a thread and make a controversial statement, u gotta be a big girl and be able to take whatever comments are in disagreement
QUITE YOUR WHINING

Louisville, KY

#10 Aug 10, 2011
Seriously wrote:
FYI anything I said above I said to his face, and obviously you dont know wtf your talking about. His hands aren't tied, these are his policies, his doing. And for you to openly ASSume that I smoke crack, since you don't know me makes you an idiot. If your going to make a hypothesis, atleast make it an educated guess.
You are probably the same loud mouth that complains about every other thing that goes on in the district. So you need to quit whinning and support all the other programs and pass that crack pipe you wuss ass.
QUITE YOUR WHINING

Louisville, KY

#11 Aug 10, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Registered to vote: check
Attend ( 95%) of the board meetings: check
Volunteer at 4 different schools: check
Work: check
Going back to school: check
Teach my kids to respect the world: check
Instill responsibility: check
Attend every game and school function: check
Anything else you want to run your mouth about?
Really I'm starting to think that the people commenting don't even know whats going on, or have kids that play for the high school our even attend a newport public school for that matter, ie: Bellevue Neighbor.
I can check all of those too. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
QUIT YOUR WHINING

Louisville, KY

#12 Aug 10, 2011
Seriously wrote:
QuitYerBitchin, it's really nice to see that someone on here knows how to state their opinion without attacking others that they don't know, and don't know that persons situation. Kudos to you for your tact and CLASS! Which is way more than I can say for Newport Alumni and Quite Your Whining ( which is spelled incorrectly BTW ). I have valid complaints about Rices' policies as do other parents. And it is absolutely NOT because I think my children deserve more than they've earned, or because I think that rules don't apply to me and mine. So until you know who I am, and what my issue with Rice is inparticular, state your opinion like a grown up and QUIT ( that's how that's spelled FYI ) attacking people for their opinions!
BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH -- just like at the board meetings
Seriously

Barrington, IL

#13 Aug 10, 2011
If you could read correctly I said you know who you are , and who you aren't. If you took offense then maybe you fall in the category of are. And nobody's crying about the comments, just merely pointing out how wrong and uneducated your ASSumptions are. When I actually make a hypocritical statement, THEN you can call me on it, and I'll have to stand up and own it like a grown up...until then feel free to run your mouths, not saying anything at all. And yes, I pat myself on the back everyday. However unlike you I don't believe I'm perfect; nor am I afraid to admit my mistakes and rectify them, OR am I afraid to stand up in the face of controversy and speak my mind and stand up for what I feel is fair and right. That's what this forum is all about, too bad you guys are a bunch of "good ole boys" that are too simple minded to grasp that concept.
not a fan

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Aug 12, 2011
He isn't improving the football program much. I'm still unsure how going to a school helps you put checks in the "W" column.
yeaaah

Covington, KY

#15 Aug 13, 2011
He's amazing!
CURIOUS

Ft Mitchell, KY

#16 Aug 14, 2011
I am curious as to what exactly are the issues with Coach Rice. If you want to slam him publicly, you should at least be a "GROWN UP" and let it be known. Lets get to the point!
FACT: Before Coach Rice the football team didn't have a weight room program.(You need to have one to improve and yes your kid needs to be apart of it)
FACT: Didn't the basketball team win the district and region 2 yrs ago. Thats right he was AD and athletic director then too.
FACT: Before Coach Rice, the kids acted like fools as well as the coaches. Cursing on sidelines at other players, cursing at one another, fighting, etc. I know some of this still occurs, but there is a big difference in the way the Newport team is seen now and how it was seen about three yrs ago.
FACT: KIDS NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE! Don't show up your cut, don't want to follow rules you don't play. Can't committ go somewhere else. Having been a coach at multiple levels and multiple are schools thats just the way it is. Someone has to teach the kids of today that.
FACT: Coach Rice is one of the hardest most driven people I have met in my life. I am sure his decisions are not based on the needs or the opinion of one individual, but based on what he thinks is best for the student athletes at Newport. I understand that there will be those that love a coach and those that can't stand a coach. If there is a problem, there are right ways to discuss your problem. You go to the board meetings; perfect opportunity. I'm sure you can file a complaint with the district office. But to talk crap on a website...come on you are better than that.
And just a side note, if you dont like it so much, take your kids somewhere else! Problem solved!
Rodney Ollier

Newark, OH

#17 Aug 14, 2011
Real name....I coach with Coach Nick Rice and have known him for years .....Not attacking anyone but what policies has Nick instilled that have not been there since 1991 when I graduated. As far as winning going from 2-9 to 5-6 sounds like improvement to me...

I dont hide behind any avatar name...Got questions come to me..By the way I "don't drink the red kool-aid" are there problems yeah, but is Nick it, no.....Also I graduated valedictorian and then went to Centre College consider myself halfway intelligent (patting myself on the back here)

I hope Nick stays the course, I can only comment on what I know: he is doing as well as Jim Weir (which I think is a great man and AD). The other AD's from what I could tell were good people but I didn't work under them.(Side bar: I speak from the heart because if you know me I don't lie and am not worried about keeping a coaching job, been through many schools lol) I just like the changes that have happened since I came back to coach..

Without knowing individual circumstances (which have not been previously posted) I can not rebut nor defend your position...If it is a valid concern I am sure with the right approach it can be rectified../
SECOND

Ft Mitchell, KY

#18 Aug 14, 2011
CURIOUS wrote:
I am curious as to what exactly are the issues with Coach Rice. If you want to slam him publicly, you should at least be a "GROWN UP" and let it be known. Lets get to the point!
FACT: Before Coach Rice the football team didn't have a weight room program.(You need to have one to improve and yes your kid needs to be apart of it)
FACT: Didn't the basketball team win the district and region 2 yrs ago. Thats right he was AD and a coach then too.
FACT: Before Coach Rice, the kids acted like fools as well as the coaches. Cursing on sidelines at other players, cursing at one another, fighting, etc. I know some of this still occurs, but there is a big difference in the way the Newport team is seen now and how it was seen about three yrs ago.
FACT: KIDS NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE! Don't show up your cut, don't want to follow rules you don't play. Can't committ go somewhere else. Having been a coach at multiple levels and multiple area schools thats just the way it is. Someone has to teach the kids of today that.
FACT: Coach Rice is one of the hardest most driven people I have met in my life. I am sure his decisions are not based on the needs or the opinion of one individual, but based on what he thinks is best for the student athletes at Newport. I understand that there will be those that love a coach and those that can't stand a coach. If there is a problem, there are right ways to discuss your problem. You go to the board meetings; perfect opportunity. I'm sure you can file a complaint with the district office. But to talk crap on a website...come on you are better than that.
And just a side note, if you dont like it so much, take your kids somewhere else! Problem solved!
AGREED!
FORMER WILDCAT

Louisville, KY

#19 Aug 14, 2011
I ALSO AGREE WITH CURIOUS AND RODNEY.
Heres your sign

Wolflake, IN

#20 Aug 17, 2011
yeaaah wrote:
He's amazing!
He might as well change his last name to Alford, cause the favortism program he's running is an exact model of theirs! And don't say it's not, cause you all are a bunch of LIARS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reluctant Kentucky clerk gets time for gay marr... 1 hr Grubworm 24
The judge is a biggot, not Davis 3 hr Carol Scholl Cath... 1
Workers Needed Immediately!!! 12 hr John De Los Reyes 1
Newport Cops 15 hr Nanny McPhee 26
Why do blacks think they are the superior race Wed rich 11
robin booth (Jul '10) Wed Just a guy 36
Carter sisters Wed Nope 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florence Mortgages