End all welfare programs in Kentucky

Posted in the Florence Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disgusted

Louisville, KY

#1 Jul 17, 2011
If we ended all welfare programs in Kentucky, those people who choose to force other people to feed them would move to Ohio, West Virginia, Tennessee, and Indiana...Kentucky would be the state where responsible, working people live...We would have the most prosperous, safest state in the country.

Is there any way to get a proposal like this on a ballot?
I agree

Louisville, KY

#2 Jul 17, 2011
1) Groceries would be cheaper because there wouldn't be any welfare people to buy things that are outrageously priced
2) Home values would go up because people who have no respect for other people's property (because they never had to work for anything themselves) wouldn't be trashing property and neighborhoods
3) Crime rate would drop because people would be WORKING instead of stealing and vandalizing
4) Education would improve because parents who have babies just to get more money would be gone, and the parents who actually care about their kids have taught them that they need an education so they don't end up on welfare, while parents on welfare have shown their kids that you don't need an education if you want to live on welfare
5) Drug dealers would have to move away.
What a great idea! I would definitely vote for it.
me too

Covington, KY

#3 Jul 17, 2011
GREAT GREAT GREAT idea!
All for it

Louisville, KY

#4 Jul 18, 2011
If ANY state ended welfare, I would move there right now.
All for it 2

Newark, OH

#5 Jul 18, 2011
Sounds great,but never will happen.You're dreamers. For that matter,stop the ssn disability also. Too many people on it,that don't need it.I have a neighbor on ssn disa, and he plays golf twice a week. But he has back issues??? Please. Loser. I've often thought to take pics of him, and turn him in.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 18, 2011
All for it 2 wrote:
Sounds great,but never will happen.You're dreamers. For that matter,stop the ssn disability also. Too many people on it,that don't need it.I have a neighbor on ssn disa, and he plays golf twice a week. But he has back issues??? Please. Loser. I've often thought to take pics of him, and turn him in.
what bout the people who are really disabled?
nosyposy

Louisville, KY

#7 Jul 24, 2011
All for it 2 wrote:
I don't agree with all of it either. But until you walk a mile in thier shoes.. Also if you believe this person is running a scam, do it take the pics, get all the evidence you can. If not shut up and quit crying because your only adding to the problems by not reporting. Also you really know what this persons disability is? There are health benefits to playing golf believe it or not. He may not be in pain at all times either. I don't regard pregnancy as a handicap but some do I don't feel that a pregnant woman should be entitled to front row parking. But they get it to and I don't know but maybe some pregnant woman do need that. I just can't see that they do.
Get REAL

Hebron, KY

#8 Jul 25, 2011
Get all these mothers who sit home and do nothing but pop out babies off of it too! I know SEVERAL! They have these children and expect everyone else to pay for them!
U must be joking

Loveland, OH

#9 Jul 25, 2011
Dream on...
I agree wrote:
1) Groceries would be cheaper because there wouldn't be any welfare people to buy things that are outrageously priced
2) Home values would go up because people who have no respect for other people's property (because they never had to work for anything themselves) wouldn't be trashing property and neighborhoods
3) Crime rate would drop because people would be WORKING instead of stealing and vandalizing
4) Education would improve because parents who have babies just to get more money would be gone, and the parents who actually care about their kids have taught them that they need an education so they don't end up on welfare, while parents on welfare have shown their kids that you don't need an education if you want to live on welfare
5) Drug dealers would have to move away.
What a great idea! I would definitely vote for it.
me too

Covington, KY

#10 Sep 2, 2011
U must be joking wrote:
Dream on...
<quoted text>
Please inform us of why you think its a bad Idea..I would love to hear it...no wait let me guess...because you would lose your welfare!

Since: Oct 11

Carrollton, KY

#11 Oct 27, 2011
WOw u people are nuts!!! Yes people do scam the buisness. But I am on medicaid. I have Lupus, a child, and college degree. A job tooo. I have two degrees that no one is hireing in. I am being trained to go into HR. Yes, I get kentucky free medical care. I had child on the depo shot for crying out loud. I take care my sick mother my husbands is finishing school as physical therapist. So yes I take states assitantance as well for the time being. Your telling me I am bad person!!!!

“Judging your customer service ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 1, 2012
Aislinn_ wrote:
WOw u people are nuts!!! Yes people do scam the buisness. But I am on medicaid. I have Lupus, a child, and college degree. A job tooo. I have two degrees that no one is hireing in. I am being trained to go into HR. Yes, I get kentucky free medical care. I had child on the depo shot for crying out loud. I take care my sick mother my husbands is finishing school as physical therapist. So yes I take states assitantance as well for the time being. Your telling me I am bad person!!!!
There is a difference between those who actually need help such as your self, and people who make a career out of welfare/ssi and other state funded things.
If only the people who legit needed some help got on state assistance, and all of the career welfare whores got off of welfare, and got jobs, and moved out of state assisted housing, and stopped using so much of the food stamp fund, it would save a hell of a lot of tax dollars.

There is nothing worse than doing my grocery shopping with my hard earned money, having to buy generic, off brand crap (sometimes they're better than name brand food though) to make my dollar stretch to my next paycheck, just to get to the checkout lane and see the lady in front of me spending $500 on all name brand food, tons of candy, and a s**t ton of sodas, and whipping out a food stamp card to pay for it, while paying cash for he $60 worth of alcohol and cigarettes!!!!

Or the mothers that send their kids to the Ameristop to do the "grocery" shopping of candies and sodas.

While I work my ass of for everything I have, conserve energy so my bills are as low as possible, still getting shut-off notices for late bills and breathing a sigh of relief when I pay them before they are shut off, there are THOUSANDS of people who are paying only $12 on what is actually a $300 power bill because they get state assistance that will cover the rest. So while they run their 6 tv's and 4 PS3s, the heat at 90degrees 18 hours a day because SOMEONE ELSE will be footing the bill again this month, I am drinking barely cold milk because I've had to turn my fridge down to save my bills, turn my hotwater heater so low to save my bills it's basically a cold shower.

While most of us work our asses of to barely get by, we are also footing the bills for lazy sacks of crap to live a nicer life style than those who actually work for what they have.
Nod

Louisville, KY

#13 Jan 1, 2012
Smithers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between those who actually need help such as your self, and people who make a career out of welfare/ssi and other state funded things.
If only the people who legit needed some help got on state assistance, and all of the career welfare whores got off of welfare, and got jobs, and moved out of state assisted housing, and stopped using so much of the food stamp fund, it would save a hell of a lot of tax dollars.
There is nothing worse than doing my grocery shopping with my hard earned money, having to buy generic, off brand crap (sometimes they're better than name brand food though) to make my dollar stretch to my next paycheck, just to get to the checkout lane and see the lady in front of me spending $500 on all name brand food, tons of candy, and a s**t ton of sodas, and whipping out a food stamp card to pay for it, while paying cash for he $60 worth of alcohol and cigarettes!!!!
Or the mothers that send their kids to the Ameristop to do the "grocery" shopping of candies and sodas.
While I work my ass of for everything I have, conserve energy so my bills are as low as possible, still getting shut-off notices for late bills and breathing a sigh of relief when I pay them before they are shut off, there are THOUSANDS of people who are paying only $12 on what is actually a $300 power bill because they get state assistance that will cover the rest. So while they run their 6 tv's and 4 PS3s, the heat at 90degrees 18 hours a day because SOMEONE ELSE will be footing the bill again this month, I am drinking barely cold milk because I've had to turn my fridge down to save my bills, turn my hotwater heater so low to save my bills it's basically a cold shower.
While most of us work our asses of to barely get by, we are also footing the bills for lazy sacks of crap to live a nicer life style than those who actually work for what they have.
EXACTLY.

You're living MY life. My sister who has made a career out of welfare, with 3 kids with 3 different fathers, actually RIDICULES me and says that I'm stupid for paying my own bills and buying my own food, because she has more than my family does. She can't understand why I get so disgusted when she offers me her foodstamps because she says, "They give us more than we can possibly use". She feeds her kids McDonald's almost every day because she doesn't "like to cook", but she still gets the foodstamps just because she can.

I tell her that I could afford an expensive iPhone (even though, I have no use for one, nor does she), with an expensive data plan (something else I don't need, nor does she. She got a free laptop for applying to the government to go to college for free. Which she did 2 nights a week for about 3 months, then quit because she "didn't like it", "doesn't like being tied down by schedules" and "didn't have time for it") if I didn't have to make a house payment, pay utilities or buy food...She lives in a 3-bedroom house with a full basement and a huge kitchen and bathroom for FREE...She also gets over $10,000 in a tax 'refund' every year, even though she doesn't pay any taxes...Maybe I AM stupid...
Sick of it

Ft Mitchell, KY

#14 Oct 17, 2012
Welfare is destroying this country
thank you

United States

#15 Oct 17, 2012
Smithers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow - someone who feels same as me!!! I know people who do nothing but party & in winter electric bill goes up to $1000 & all they need is a 2nd notice and its ALL paid for-These people dont even make an effort to get bill down! while I work my ass off 7days a week and shivering under covers in winter to keep bills down. THere needs to be a CAP on. Amount paid for utilities & CaP on #of kids they get money for - more kids = more money is absolutely ridiculous -wrong incentive people
you all piss me off

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2013
well ok here you go I am on foodstamps and medical card for me and my two kids. but I wasn't until my husband decided he wasn't man enough to help me out with my children I am a stay at home because all the day cares here are full if you all want all of us drawing assistance out then you all are stupid what about people drawing unemployment don't have kids living with them but still get foodstamps and everything else handed to them and are not even looking for a job I am not a alcoholic I am not on drugs and I am trying to get my life in order but its hard to do when there is no daycares and no family support so you need to think about us too... plus there is more pill heads that are good hard working honest people lol how honest can they be. I do know women how abuse assistance but you also have to think while on welfare they have to work 30 hours a week and only receive around $200 a month I can't wait til you all have to deal with the real world there is a time when everyone need help so to all of you who look down on us women who are actually trying to better the lives of their children go screw yourselves because no one else will want to help you with that
operations

Florence, KY

#17 Jan 29, 2013
you all piss me off wrote:
well ok here you go I am on foodstamps and medical card for me and my two kids. but I wasn't until my husband decided he wasn't man enough to help me out with my children I am a stay at home because all the day cares here are full if you all want all of us drawing assistance out then you all are stupid what about people drawing unemployment don't have kids living with them but still get foodstamps and everything else handed to them and are not even looking for a job I am not a alcoholic I am not on drugs and I am trying to get my life in order but its hard to do when there is no daycares and no family support so you need to think about us too... plus there is more pill heads that are good hard working honest people lol how honest can they be. I do know women how abuse assistance but you also have to think while on welfare they have to work 30 hours a week and only receive around $200 a month I can't wait til you all have to deal with the real world there is a time when everyone need help so to all of you who look down on us women who are actually trying to better the lives of their children go screw yourselves because no one else will want to help you with that
maybe, you weren't woman enough to take care of your man ? guess that never came to you , huh ? your on a 2 way street , sounds like your mad because you both realized that you all weren't going to work together after you both had kids .. just so you know , you can work 30 hrs. a week and earn more money , HONEST MONEY + get a tax return , your awfully angry , that speaks volumes to the average working person ... just saying..
kfdlas

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Sick of it wrote:
Welfare is destroying this country
so is your mom
YUPit is time to do i

Florence, KY

#19 Jan 29, 2013
kfdlas wrote:
<quoted text>
so is your mom
it looks like it's your mom's sorry ass, from your stupid post. how old are you 11? know you stupid ass, you posted this crap!!! it's on you (unless your a miner) then i guess you put a stupid ass momma out on the intrnent!! what do think is gonna happen, you fool!!!!
YUPit is time to do i

Florence, KY

#20 Jan 29, 2013
however =, your a grown up. your not a minor!!! jokes on you!!! mom and dad don't hafta take care of YOU GROW UP AND BE RESPONISBLE FOR YOUR OWN, ACTIOCNS! WOW< IDIOT< YOU CHOOSE YOUR MOM? I KNOW AND ADORE HER!!!!!!!!!! WTF does that say about you? you can spew that, waa, my mom never helped me. that's just an esy lie for you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity... is a mental illness? 6 hr Trust 4
Where are the hookers in Covington? (Mar '11) 7 hr alldaytonhoes 99
Who Can Arrest Tyler Brockman? 9 hr People of justice 5
number 1 reason not to put up decorations in sc... 12 hr Yorkie 4
dead beat dad club, Rusty Webster! (Apr '11) 16 hr HotRod85 18
Michael Peterson Premier Martial Arts Florence ... (Aug '12) Fri Laughing at u 19
Car stolen in Kentucky with infant inside Thu found 1
Florence Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Florence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Florence News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Florence

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:39 pm PST