Fifth Third Bank
Losing Money

Somerset, KY

#1 Apr 12, 2012
My account has had garnishments, and the bank or customer service cannot tell me where the money went. Has anyone else had this happen? What can I do?
Banks

Louisville, KY

#2 Apr 13, 2012
Losing Money wrote:
My account has had garnishments, and the bank or customer service cannot tell me where the money went. Has anyone else had this happen? What can I do?
Your bank should have a legal department, the garnishments get processed thru legal/accounting. Go to your bank, sit down with the manager, and have her/him "Do their job, and investigate the matter."
Also, you should have been notified AFTER the garnishment of your account, as to a case #, Creditor,that filed the garnishment.
Good Luck.
Banks

Louisville, KY

#3 Apr 13, 2012
I should mention, when your bank account is garnished you get NO PRIOR NOTICE, the creditor doesn't want you to clean the account out before they garnish it! You are also responsible for any fees charged by the bank to garnish funds.
Garnd

Louisville, KY

#4 Apr 15, 2012
Well said.
losing money

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Apr 21, 2012
Just an update. After calling customer service, I was referred back to the local branch, and didn't get an answer. Another day, and another call to customer service, and I was sent to a department that had nothing to do with my problem. Back to customer service-again. Sent to a couple other people, then back to my local bank-again. Was told they would check with the dept. that handled it. Which was what should have been done in the first place. I finally did receive a call with the creditors, which was not mine. Still never received any letters with any information.
huh

San Antonio, TX

#6 Apr 21, 2012
what happen?
Banks

Louisville, KY

#7 Apr 22, 2012
losing money wrote:
Just an update. After calling customer service, I was referred back to the local branch, and didn't get an answer. Another day, and another call to customer service, and I was sent to a department that had nothing to do with my problem. Back to customer service-again. Sent to a couple other people, then back to my local bank-again. Was told they would check with the dept. that handled it. Which was what should have been done in the first place. I finally did receive a call with the creditors, which was not mine. Still never received any letters with any information.
Go to a branch and ask for help RIGHT NOW, they should be able to make a phone call, and give you answers..good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BIG BONE Last Post Wins 2017 4 hr Princess Hey 43
Who is best prostitute in Covington ? Thu Puff Daddy Combs 5
Where is Mike Blanchard? Wed 3481 627 lkh 1
White Tower Music Thread Wed Musikologist 2
kratom (Sep '15) Wed Native 2
Jenny Sue Iles murder (Feb '10) Jun 15 Daisy 215
I'm looking for (Feb '15) Jun 14 Anonymous 2

Florence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance