Losing Money

Alexandria, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

My account has had garnishments, and the bank or customer service cannot tell me where the money went. Has anyone else had this happen? What can I do?
Banks

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Losing Money wrote:
My account has had garnishments, and the bank or customer service cannot tell me where the money went. Has anyone else had this happen? What can I do?
Your bank should have a legal department, the garnishments get processed thru legal/accounting. Go to your bank, sit down with the manager, and have her/him "Do their job, and investigate the matter."
Also, you should have been notified AFTER the garnishment of your account, as to a case #, Creditor,that filed the garnishment.
Good Luck.
Banks

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

I should mention, when your bank account is garnished you get NO PRIOR NOTICE, the creditor doesn't want you to clean the account out before they garnish it! You are also responsible for any fees charged by the bank to garnish funds.
Garnd

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Well said.
losing money

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Just an update. After calling customer service, I was referred back to the local branch, and didn't get an answer. Another day, and another call to customer service, and I was sent to a department that had nothing to do with my problem. Back to customer service-again. Sent to a couple other people, then back to my local bank-again. Was told they would check with the dept. that handled it. Which was what should have been done in the first place. I finally did receive a call with the creditors, which was not mine. Still never received any letters with any information.
huh

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

what happen?
Banks

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

losing money wrote:
Just an update. After calling customer service, I was referred back to the local branch, and didn't get an answer. Another day, and another call to customer service, and I was sent to a department that had nothing to do with my problem. Back to customer service-again. Sent to a couple other people, then back to my local bank-again. Was told they would check with the dept. that handled it. Which was what should have been done in the first place. I finally did receive a call with the creditors, which was not mine. Still never received any letters with any information.
Go to a branch and ask for help RIGHT NOW, they should be able to make a phone call, and give you answers..good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Boone County was issued at July 13 at 4:30PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Florence Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Florence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000