Gary Rye Dayton Schools Missing Money

Gary Rye Dayton Schools Missing Money

Posted in the Florence Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Counting Pennies

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jun 18, 2013
What is the news on this story?
Karma

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jun 18, 2013
Counting Pennies wrote:
What is the news on this story?
Heard not good for board members.
S23Df42

Louisville, KY

#3 Jun 19, 2013
Counting Pennies wrote:
What is the news on this story?
Patience. All will be public soon.
Fair is Fair

Westerville, OH

#4 Jun 23, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard not good for board members.
Good! If board members sit back and allow things like this to happen they should be made to suffer the consequences as well.
Whos to really blame

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Jun 23, 2013
Question should be who was on the Board when they hired this shyster in the first place?
That School Board never checked his credentials, gave him a fat contract with little accountability.
Give credit to the current board, they were the first one in years that had the guts to not renew Rye's contract when it came up for renewal, and brought in Jay Brewer.
Fault the Auditor contracted to the school district to monitor the expenses, they blew it so bad it should be a good chunk of change coming from that lawsuit.
L8f42

Louisville, KY

#7 Jun 23, 2013
Whos to really blame wrote:
Question should be who was on the Board when they hired this shyster in the first place?
That School Board never checked his credentials, gave him a fat contract with little accountability.
Give credit to the current board, they were the first one in years that had the guts to not renew Rye's contract when it came up for renewal, and brought in Jay Brewer.
Fault the Auditor contracted to the school district to monitor the expenses, they blew it so bad it should be a good chunk of change coming from that lawsuit.
Keep the finger pointed at the right people ... The person who stole. And the people who knew and covered it up.
Whos to really blame

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jun 23, 2013
Agree, if anyone else stole money, fry em. Go way back though, not just whos there now.
Sounds familiar

Fort Thomas, KY

#9 Jun 23, 2013
It seems failing districts usually have enablers who seem more than willing to suppress the truth about their performance in the name of protecting a district or a popular leader from proper scrutiny much less any real consequences.
Billy Boyle

Fort Thomas, KY

#10 Jun 30, 2013
What does that mean suppress the truth?
Shifty

Louisville, KY

#11 Jul 4, 2013
L8f42 wrote:
<quoted text>Keep the finger pointed at the right people ... The person who stole. And the people who knew and covered it up.
You talking about Dayton or Newport?
Thieves

Westerville, OH

#12 Jul 5, 2013
Shifty wrote:
<quoted text>
You talking about Dayton or Newport?
Take your pick!
Hurricane Sandy

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Aug 14, 2013
The board looks like they approved everything if you read the report. Nothing will happen because the board especially Jeff Volter suck.

What's sad is the new superintendent is using this incident as a stepping stone to get to Fort Thomas Schools. He sucks too - cuts Janitor and Secretary pay but keeps his 125,000 a year untouched.

Its amazing that such a poor district pays a person that amount with less 20 years experience. Disgusting.
Guzman

Louisville, KY

#14 Aug 14, 2013
Hurricane Sandy wrote:
The board looks like they approved everything if you read the report. Nothing will happen because the board especially Jeff Volter suck.

What's sad is the new superintendent is using this incident as a stepping stone to get to Fort Thomas Schools. He sucks too - cuts Janitor and Secretary pay but keeps his 125,000 a year untouched.

Its amazing that such a poor district pays a person that amount with less 20 years experience. Disgusting.
Hey at least youre not Newport!!
Bakersfield

Batavia, OH

#18 Nov 10, 2013
L8f42 wrote:
<quoted text>Keep the finger pointed at the right people ... The person who stole. And the people who knew and covered it up.
Why is the news so hush hush on this case.
Dean

Somerset, KY

#19 Nov 10, 2013
Surely everyone who lives in Dayton knows that Jeff Volter was on the school board when Rye was hired. The whole time he was super at the school and stealing money, Jeff was checking the budget each month. Not saying Jeff was involved with Rye. Just saying he didn't have a clue and that's just a rotten board member, like the 4 others who hired Rye and are still on the school board today. Our kids need better and alert board members!
Frankie

Batavia, OH

#20 Nov 10, 2013
Dean wrote:
Surely everyone who lives in Dayton knows that Jeff Volter was on the school board when Rye was hired. The whole time he was super at the school and stealing money, Jeff was checking the budget each month. Not saying Jeff was involved with Rye. Just saying he didn't have a clue and that's just a rotten board member, like the 4 others who hired Rye and are still on the school board today. Our kids need better and alert board members!
Lying, cheating superintendents are very sneaky because they know board members are like sheep who just eat the grass in front of them. Easy to hide theft because usually the finance director is in on the scam and helps cover it up. I hope they nail him and whoever helped him and covered for him.
So what

Batavia, OH

#25 Nov 21, 2013
So Rye settled civil issues with the district. So what. What about criminal charges? He needs to be held accountable to the children and taxpayers. And that glamour shot photo with the news article is pathetic. Is it a shot of his face or his fancy ring? Is his head so thick he needs to hold it up? Classic photo of a very self involved person.
Wildcat 330

Cincinnati, OH

#26 Nov 22, 2013
When is Newport going to be brave enough to go after the group that did this kind of thing to Newport Schools?
taxpayer

Cincinnati, OH

#27 Nov 24, 2013
Newport needs to do the same--we the tax payers are owed a fortune!!!!!!!!!! If the board don't have the balls to do it, the citizens should file charges, after all it was our money they stole!
ante up

Batavia, OH

#28 Dec 2, 2013
Edelen when are you going Newport?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey, hey, hey... 4 hr big brother 1
local judge selling humans 8 hr shame on Justice 1
Time Auto Sales Tue Limited 1
Teah Simpson Wagers Apr 23 curious 1
Tommy Wagers (Aug '10) Apr 23 lol 13
Looking for local craft shows Apr 23 Crafty mom 1
Throat punch Apr 22 Lol 2

Florence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florence Mortgages