Graduation Rate 2013 NHS Class
The Lame Game

Corbin, KY

#21 May 11, 2013
Ridiculous wrote:
Nope! Simply proving my point that everything on here is rumors and lies.
Notice I have not received the source
<quoted text>
Hi Lame.
Chow Li

Corbin, KY

#22 May 11, 2013
stats wrote:
Kentucky Department of Education
Kentucky School Report Card
Newport High School
Graduation Rate / Year
64.1%/ 2011-2012
62.0%/ 2010-2011
72.7%/ 2009-2010
88.7%/ 2008-2009
80.9%/ 2007-2008
84.7%/ 2006-2007
Interesting the stats went way down after Brandt and his peeps weren't in charge of the numbers...if you know what I mean.
ridiculously lame

Newark, OH

#23 May 18, 2013
Ridiculous wrote:
Even if it were 99% you would harp on the 1% because that's just your nature! Negative. Complaining. Unhappy. Ever consider therapy? Prozac?
that you Lame?
contact earth

Tokyo, Japan

#24 May 19, 2013
Greetings earthlings. Oh how your education system is failing you.
new citizen

Cincinnati, OH

#25 May 19, 2013
contact earth wrote:
Greetings earthlings. Oh how your education system is failing you.
Konnichiwa to you in Japan!
Not good

Fort Thomas, KY

#27 May 25, 2013
contact earth wrote:
The truth is 62.75 percent
What can be done about this?
90000 reasons not to

Louisville, KY

#28 May 25, 2013
Not good wrote:
<quoted text>What can be done about this?
Nothing except get rid of all of the teachers/ staff. Newport has been given every possible form of help.
contact earth

Tokyo, Japan

#29 May 26, 2013
Not good wrote:
<quoted text>
What can be done about this?
Up to the parents to start enforcing the importance of getting a HS education to THEIR youngins and stop passing the buck.
St Thomas Rocks

Fort Thomas, KY

#30 May 28, 2013
If parents had a choice they wouldn't settle for this. Horrible.
get ready

Louisville, KY

#31 May 28, 2013
St Thomas Rocks wrote:
If parents had a choice they wouldn't settle for this. Horrible.
We do have a choice. Vote to make our schools part of Campbell County system - not "independent" - get rid of Middy and his gang. Let our kids be part of a performing system. Dissolve the Newport Board. Retire Sheffel, Malone, Morrow, Thacker and Miller.
just a mom

Cincinnati, OH

#32 Jun 21, 2013
I believe the title of this particular thread is "Graduation Rate 2013 NHS Class"...the 64.1% graduation rate is for the graduating class of 2012...while I do not know the rate for this school year, I will assume that 64.1% is not accurate...
High School Teacher

Chicago, IL

#33 Jun 21, 2013
I teach at high school and would suggest you call the DPP Mike Wills or district office for your info as it would be much more reliable than a hate site.
That being said there has been significant improvements in graduation rate and college and career ready rates at Newport High School. Don't take my word just wait until they are in the paper or call the district
State Opinion

Westerville, OH

#34 Jun 21, 2013
90000 reasons not to wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing except get rid of all of the teachers/ staff. Newport has been given every possible form of help.
This might be the only solution. The recent Diagnostic Review report states,'Classroom and school observations indicate that instructional time is not consistently well used. Teachers discontinue instruction before the class period ends, and, in some instances, the initiation of instructional activities is delayed at the start of the class period. The extent to which expectations for use of instructional time have been well establishd is not apparent'. Also,'Classroom observations consistently revealed little evidence of differentiation of instruction and a heavy reliance on whole group lecture as the primary form of instruction'. So teachers are doing nothing more than spending a fraction of class time talking? And we wonder why our kids aren't learning? What is Middleton doing to address this? Walking the streets bothering people won't change it. It's no wonder this district remains dead last in the state academically and unless this issue is addressed, it is condemned to remain there.
High School Teacher

Chicago, IL

#35 Jun 21, 2013
I know things are getting better. Are you going to also put the positive remarks from the audit or are you just reading the entire thing to look for negative comments? Both our school and the district received accreditation and it so had some very positive comments.
While I do not know Mr. M it is funny that the negatives abuse one super for not living here and another for living here and being visible. Please stop picking on our schools as we are improving.
What are you trying to accomplish?
Wow

Louisville, KY

#36 Jun 21, 2013
Thanks for being a dedicated Newport teacher! I love the improvements and the good things that are appending and being said. Don't let these fools take it away!
High School Teacher wrote:
I know things are getting better. Are you going to also put the positive remarks from the audit or are you just reading the entire thing to look for negative comments? Both our school and the district received accreditation and it so had some very positive comments.
While I do not know Mr. M it is funny that the negatives abuse one super for not living here and another for living here and being visible. Please stop picking on our schools as we are improving.
What are you trying to accomplish?
Wow

Louisville, KY

#37 Jun 21, 2013
That supposed to say, "...the good things that are being said..."
Sorry
State Opinion

Westerville, OH

#38 Jun 21, 2013
It's not about looking for negatives, it's about reality and the Audit report reflects the reality of this district's inability to educate its students for a variety of reasons. And how is anyone supposed to believe we are improving when, also according to the report, "There is little evidence that all professional staff have been trained in interpretation and use of data." Audit suggests it is essential that staff be proficient in this ability for continuous improvement. But I guess that's Middleton's call. Believe it or not, I would really love to see this school district become one that's capable of teaching our children rather than offering them a substandard education. That would be the desired accomplishment.
Foolish One

Westerville, OH

#39 Jun 21, 2013
Wow wrote:
Thanks for being a dedicated Newport teacher! I love the improvements and the good things that are appending and being said. Don't let these fools take it away!
<quoted text>
Go back to sleep old Lame one! The Audit report doesn't come anywhere near agreeing with fools like you.
Wow

Louisville, KY

#40 Jun 22, 2013
I don't think anyone has ever said there weren't issues to address. Of course there are. Some will never change because its a deep rooted culture in Newport. This discussion is prime example to that inability to change.
But, if things are going to continue to improve then we have to stop being nay sayers and start highlighting the positive and continue to work on the negative.
So what if middy walks the streets. Why does this have to continually come up as if it is something negative.
We now have a super who is dedicated to Newport (shown in the fact he moved here and bought a house) and is working for positive change.
Let the past go and let's focus on the future.
Fact: middy is our super. That will not change until his contract comes up for renewal. So, shut up and let's move on and do our best as a community to improve instead of throwing rocks.

I can't wait for the fool that will response with...oh that's so lame...because one time one of those rocks is going to bounce back and black your eye.
State Opinion wrote:
It's not about looking for negatives, it's about reality and the Audit report reflects the reality of this district's inability to educate its students for a variety of reasons. And how is anyone supposed to believe we are improving when, also according to the report, "There is little evidence that all professional staff have been trained in interpretation and use of data." Audit suggests it is essential that staff be proficient in this ability for continuous improvement. But I guess that's Middleton's call. Believe it or not, I would really love to see this school district become one that's capable of teaching our children rather than offering them a substandard education. That would be the desired accomplishment.
State Opinion

Westerville, OH

#41 Jun 22, 2013
Wow wrote:
I don't think anyone has ever said there weren't issues to address. Of course there are. Some will never change because its a deep rooted culture in Newport. This discussion is prime example to that inability to change.
But, if things are going to continue to improve then we have to stop being nay sayers and start highlighting the positive and continue to work on the negative.
So what if middy walks the streets. Why does this have to continually come up as if it is something negative.
We now have a super who is dedicated to Newport (shown in the fact he moved here and bought a house) and is working for positive change.
Let the past go and let's focus on the future.
Fact: middy is our super. That will not change until his contract comes up for renewal. So, shut up and let's move on and do our best as a community to improve instead of throwing rocks.
I can't wait for the fool that will response with...oh that's so lame...because one time one of those rocks is going to bounce back and black your eye.
<quoted text>
Walking the streets, moving here and buying a house shows dedication? To what? A big fat paycheck and airfare for his chick maybe. Let's face it, he's here because they ran his a$$ out of Mason County and some Newport fools took him in and now we're stuck with him. So the least he can do is be aware of the deficiencies pointed out by the audit report and try to do something about them, which happens to be his job, by the way. What Middleton does to address some of these issues, if anything, will be what determines what kind of Super he really is. The audit report also has the potential to be a fabulous tool for evaluating his future performance as well as an indicator of whether or not he actually accomplishes anything. Time will tell. Oh and not particularly worried about bouncing rocks or black eyes ... only lame people have to deal with things like that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple wanting to have fun this weekend 35 min Poontang Charlie 8
Donald Trump's horrifying budget proposal 2 hr impeach 2
Newport Jukebox (Jun '12) 21 hr Musikologist 18
Hey beautiful Mon Trust in me again 2
I'll stop Mon Ok ok 1
Samantha Mayse (Nov '11) May 20 Ally cat 29
missing person Steve Douglas Bunch (Mar '13) May 20 Bobby mcgarr 10

Florence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance