Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,648

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93040 Sep 24, 2013
Page 7 in my Grandmother's old faded paperback HYMNAL from 1923:

Farther Along we'll know all about it,
Farther Along we'll understand why;
Cheer up, My Brother,
Live in the Sunshine,
We'll understand it, ALL BY AND BY.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#93041 Sep 24, 2013
This is another day for constipating on the current domestic plate. Play your cards right and it could start to shift now. Be prepared to talk about your feelings in depth, and to create an airy atmosphere in which it's safe for loved ones to do the same. It's obvious that there's much more involved here than the toiletries and this is a chance to get right down to the nub of the problem. It could mark a turning point.
Anne

Brooklyn, NY

#93042 Sep 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, HAARP has been discussed on this thread until the strings are broken. Also conspiracy theories, chemtrails, earthquakes, gases, west Nile viruses, poisons, oil spills, fire crackers, High voltage wires, rice, etc. ad infinitum including politics and religion.
It is "duck and cover" de ja vu.
Luke 21:9.. But when ye shall hear of wars and COMMOTIONS, BE NOT TERRIfied .....
so we also discuss History, dinner, clothing, chores, weather, county fairs, bodily functions, music, dogs, cats, LIFE in General, and Miss E FONT's missing shoe. ALL ABOARD, tickets please. Cotton Candy Anyone?
And now dear friends, that and two bits (+$1) will get you a cup of coffee!

Good Morning! There's a sun today and I'm wanting a ride on that train, NOT that long black train! Lol Here's my ticket and I want pink cotton candy!!

Yesterday at the thrift store I bought funky shiny black 5" heeled shoes and 4" high blue shoes covered with just right diamonds! But, I'm sorry , Miss E, I didn't find your missing red shoe.:-(
I'll check there again this morning when I donate those two pair of jeans I shouldn't have put in my suitcase. Maybe your shoe is under the jean rack.
I'm also going to stop to read one of those highway plaques about Sherman's March.
That's my POA -plan of action- for the day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93043 Sep 24, 2013
One of my best trips ever (company paid, of course LOL) was when I had a computer seminar in NYC and another in Chicago 2 days later.

So with time to burn, I drove up to South Bend over the weekend and left my car, and caught the Lake Shore Limited to NYC. It passed through Amish country around daylight and I saw a farmer walking to his barn with a milk pail, then down the Hudson River viewing all the sail boats, through a tunnel and suddenly dumped us out into the middle of Harlem (where I was glad to be on the train LOL) and eventually to Grand Central.

I sat in the dining car with the National Bus driver of the year that was on his way to receive a prize riding along his wife and young daughter. Then I got to chat at length with the Warden of a Kansas prison, some Oklahoma cowboy, and had some good looking girl stick her Walkman in my ear and ask "who is this"? My reply was that everyone ought to know Merle Haggard and she replied "This yuppy doesn't" pointing to some guy who was trying to make out LOL I watched some really old couple snuggling in a booth and watching a small child playing with a Hot Wheels car. Then I went to my little refrigerator box that they called a "sleeper" and read and slept to the sounds of "clackety clack".

Americana at it's finest that everyone ought to experience at least once. The return trip to South Bend was not nearly as enlightening since I had already done the ride once. But even that was better than being crammed in next to some obese fat man for 2 hours that was sweating profusely due to his fright of flying. LOL or cranking down the highway looking at nothing but concrete and steel.
Anne

Brooklyn, NY

#93045 Sep 24, 2013
I love the way you write! That train trip was certainly a delightful time! Maybe one of these days we will try an adventure like that.
My cousins ex husband used to buy the Sunday (?) edition of the Indianapolis Star, Catch the commuter train from Indy to Chicago with the sole intent of reading the newspaper to the clickityclack rhythm . Did I mention he is her ex? Lol

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93046 Sep 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>And now dear friends, that and two bits (+$1) will get you a cup of coffee!

Good Morning! There's a sun today and I'm wanting a ride on that train, NOT that long black train! Lol Here's my ticket and I want pink cotton candy!!

Yesterday at the thrift store I bought funky shiny black 5" heeled shoes and 4" high blue shoes covered with just right diamonds! But, I'm sorry , Miss E, I didn't find your missing red shoe.:-(
I'll check there again this morning when I donate those two pair of jeans I shouldn't have put in my suitcase. Maybe your shoe is under the jean rack.
I'm also going to stop to read one of those highway plaques about Sherman's March.
That's my POA -plan of action- for the day!
Onward brave soldier-- many a windmill to joust before nightfall. God speed
Oh-- can I borrow the blue heels Friday night?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93047 Sep 24, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Onward brave soldier-- many a windmill to joust before nightfall. God speed
Oh-- can I borrow the blue heels Friday night?
Oh--my bad.. I thought the plan for Friday night was a camp fire sitting on a log in the cool night breezes looking into a star-lit sky while smelling the wafting smoke from the burning hickory coals while we toast our Ball Park Franks on a bent clothes hanger; saving the better sticks for the marshmallows and listening to old Ralph try to pluck out the chords while we all sing "Home on the Range" and "Jimmy Crack Corn".

Then afterwards, we planned to pair off and ride bare-foot in the hay wagon all snuggled in soft hay while Sammy drives the mule team pulling the wagon.(Poor old Sammy always has to drive the mules. I think he has a fetish for smelling the mules straining hineys).LOL YEE-HAW... And besides, you might lose those heels again in the hay wagon ruckus. LOL But if One-tooth Lucy Jane shows up, I might just relieve Sammy and drive the mules myself and let him roll in the hay with Lucy. I don't find her very appealing. LOL
Anne

Valley Stream, NY

#93048 Sep 24, 2013
Dam you're good, AW! Lol

And yes, Miss E you certainly can wear my sparkly blue/diamond shoes!! They'd even be fun in that pile of hay AW's talking about!! WhooHoo!

Location hidden

#93049 Sep 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Oh--my bad.. I thought the plan for Friday night was a camp fire sitting on a log in the cool night breezes looking into a star-lit sky while smelling the wafting smoke from the burning hickory coals while we toast our Ball Park Franks on a bent clothes hanger; saving the better sticks for the marshmallows and listening to old Ralph try to pluck out the chords while we all sing "Home on the Range" and "Jimmy Crack Corn".

Then afterwards, we planned to pair off and ride bare-foot in the hay wagon all snuggled in soft hay while Sammy drives the mule team pulling the wagon.(Poor old Sammy always has to drive the mules. I think he has a fetish for smelling the mules straining hineys).LOL YEE-HAW... And besides, you might lose those heels again in the hay wagon ruckus. LOL But if One-tooth Lucy Jane shows up, I might just relieve Sammy and drive the mules myself and let him roll in the hay with Lucy. I don't find her very appealing. LOL
Visual imagery-- love it! When a writer makes you feel the scratchy hay, smell the smoke from the fire and hear the crackling wood, you have been given a true present.
Now AW you know Lucy Jane has a delightful personality. Don't try to make her say "She sells sea shells down by the seashore". You know that goes horribly wrong.

Location hidden

#93050 Sep 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
Dam you're good, AW! Lol

And yes, Miss E you certainly can wear my sparkly blue/diamond shoes!! They'd even be fun in that pile of hay AW's talking about!! WhooHoo!
I'm just picturing a hay pile with two legs and blue shoes sticking up. Wait !
I think this might be how I got my oldest child--
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93051 Sep 24, 2013
It is really a pitiful job being the "teaser". The mare is taken into a stall where the sleek handsome "teaser" is brought in to romance her.

His hair is neatly combed and he is really a sight to behold with all his ripply muscles, trimmed hooves, and shiny teeth as he nibbles at the mare getting her to breathing heavy, all sweaty and lathered up anxiously awaiting closure, pawing the ground, and putting on her biggest smile.

That old evil eyed donkey quietly waits in the adjacent stall because he knows what comes next. He does not have to do any of this preliminary action but he will be there for the home run.

At the finale, sadly the teaser is led away where he cries out in agony "But what about me?? I did all the work and I reap none of the benefits"... "I don't deserve this".

Old evil eye is brought in and in a few months Walla!! a mule.. that is neither handsome or able to reproduce. Even Viagara will not help him. His days are confined to pulling the plow or wagon loads of folks frolicking in the hay. Pretty pitiful job being the mule too. So the next time you are out and there is a beautiful young mare down at the end of the bar being entertained and someone calls you a "jackass"... Be Proud!! LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93052 Sep 24, 2013
I have a "Jackass" who worries about the ED. Interestingly enough the libido may be affected by medications especially for the heart,thyroid, blood and diabetes. Specific foods and mental relaxation will help increase blood flow to the Ahem Johnson as well.
What goes down can go up;) Lol. It's blood and muscle, my dear Watsons. Hehehe.
Another gorgeous day in eastern Kentucky. Can't wait to catch the 8 part episodes of To Appomattox around Memorial Day 2014. The character who'll be playing ol Burnside shares a striking resemblance.
Good evening to All :)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93056 Sep 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
One of my best trips ever (company paid, of course LOL) was when I had a computer seminar in NYC and another in Chicago 2 days later.
So with time to burn, I drove up to South Bend over the weekend and left my car, and caught the Lake Shore Limited to NYC. It passed through Amish country around daylight and I saw a farmer walking to his barn with a milk pail, then down the Hudson River viewing all the sail boats, through a tunnel and suddenly dumped us out into the middle of Harlem (where I was glad to be on the train LOL) and eventually to Grand Central.
I sat in the dining car with the National Bus driver of the year that was on his way to receive a prize riding along his wife and young daughter. Then I got to chat at length with the Warden of a Kansas prison, some Oklahoma cowboy, and had some good looking girl stick her Walkman in my ear and ask "who is this"? My reply was that everyone ought to know Merle Haggard and she replied "This yuppy doesn't" pointing to some guy who was trying to make out LOL I watched some really old couple snuggling in a booth and watching a small child playing with a Hot Wheels car. Then I went to my little refrigerator box that they called a "sleeper" and read and slept to the sounds of "clackety clack".
Americana at it's finest that everyone ought to experience at least once. The return trip to South Bend was not nearly as enlightening since I had already done the ride once. But even that was better than being crammed in next to some obese fat man for 2 hours that was sweating profusely due to his fright of flying. LOL or cranking down the highway looking at nothing but concrete and steel.
As a young girl, I used to ride the train round trip from Massachusetts to Grand Central in NYC. My mother and I did this yearly, visiting my aunt and uncle for a day or two, then travelled on to Pennsylvania to visit my grandmother. I know what you are talking about, AW. Loved to look out the window to watch the scenery as we passed by. I remember one time, LOL, getting lost on the train. I was about 7 or 8 years old, and had to visit the crapper, which is not too comfortable on a moving train.
Anyway, the crapper in the car in which I was riding, did not pass my inspection for cleanliness. So, I opened the door of the car and went to the next one. Still not clean enough. This went on for 3 or 4 cars. Finally, I found one that was sanitary enough. After my personal business was done, I remember flushing, and watching water drip on the tracks below. I don't know why, but I was fascinated by this. Now it was time to go back. Oops, which way? Left or right? Of course I picked the wrong direction. By this time, my mother started panicing. Where on earth did I go. Fortunately, I had the sense to find the conductor, and told him that I was lost. He walked with me at least a quarter of the length of the train until I found my way back. Such an adventure for a little kid. BTW, I still have a lousy sense of direction.

Location hidden

#93057 Sep 24, 2013
Revmor wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read that every time there is a quake coming soon, there is a release of sulfuric acid. This acid will kill anything quickly if you come in contact with it, birds, etc. do a search for, deadly gas released prior to
Earthquakes. the new Madrid could happen any time again, not just California.
Report Corrections
Reprints & Permissions
there are literally hundreds of articles. It sounds logical to me.
We came to that general consensus about 2 years ago, but continue to theorize. Besides, it's just fun to chat with friends and those who happen by.

Location hidden

#93058 Sep 24, 2013
Good evening folks. Glad that everyone is still chatting away, but unfortunately, I pick the wrong time to check in, and I miss everybody. AW, Misty,Ann, and Miss E Font, I love to read your posts. You all have some pretty witty comments. Has anyone heard from Abeliever? I miss her. To all those who have Ohio Jeep Girl's personal e-mail address, please send her a hello message. I think she would enjoy hearing from all of you. I guess rough times hit all of us at some point. I have been keeping in touch with her, and I know that she would appreciate a supportive word or two.
Anne

Brooklyn, NY

#93059 Sep 24, 2013
Such a good day!!
Yes indeed, in spite of the fact I'm having great trouble finding a pair of jeans that fit properly. I guess my problem is I want to spend 19.95 and look like a million.
Ohio Jeep Girl? She's not been around since I've been here. Hope she's okay. And where's roaming? All the guys? AW, don't leave us!
Just rode down a lane at the campground. Wow! There's Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Indiana, Ohio. There's 3 other sections that I've not looked at!
Supper tonite was easy: deli lasagna and garlic bread. Cantaloupe, black grapes, walnut/raisin/oatmeal cookies, kettle corn and hot chocolate with marshmallows. I know, I know, not AW's style but it sure tasted good !
Why

Cadiz, KY

#93060 Sep 24, 2013
What

Location hidden

#93061 Sep 24, 2013
When, where and how

Location hidden

#93062 Sep 24, 2013
Hi, Anne, that supper sounds so good. Raisin/oatmeal cookies with nuts are my weakness. I'm hooked on sweets, and that's why I'm down to 2 pair of jeans that fit me. LOL. I was so thin last year, that I went out and bought (at Goodwill) a whole wardrobe of clothes that fit perfectly. Now, I can't fit in most of them, but I refuse to buy bigger, "fat clothes" because I will lose the weight. I enjoy reading your posts. I don't always have the time to join the conversation, but I always check in to see what's going on.

I doubt that AW will leave this thread unless the thread itself is abandoned. Love to read his stories. He's quite a remarkable gentleman.

Have you been here since Abeliever had been posting? She's another one of our buddies who has gone AWOL. Hope everything is o.k. with her. Unfortunately, I lost her e-mail, so I can't check on her.

Anyway, it's always nice to "come home" to this thread and enjoy the varied topics discussed.
where

Somerset, KY

#93063 Sep 24, 2013
when?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min The Apostle 5,841
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Uncle Tab 154,308
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 35 min BIG_STEVIE 16,170
What Samantha Ramsey's homocide... justified? 13 hr car007 389
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 20 hr Voter 26,287
HalloweenExpress.com Releases its Top 10 Hallow... (Nov '08) Sun sunshine 4
corrupt cps workers (Aug '10) Sun anonymous 18
•••
•••
•••

Florence Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Florence People Search