Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
77,461 - 77,480 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be interesting. Savannah is on my list of places to visit. I've never been there
Make your plans to go over St. Patrick's Day.. Guaranteed fun, it is a big Irish community. The river front street is paved with cobble stones that the sailing ships used for ballast when they came to America virtually empty, unloaded the stones, and went back to Europe with the cotton. You can also visit the old cotton market, and the slave market. It is the home of the founder of the Girl Scouts. Not far from there in Pooler Georgia is the Mighty Eighth Air Force museum. Jimy Stewart the actor flew with the 8th Air Force. Well worth the visit. I coupled a trip there with a trip on up to Charleston SC. to visit Fort Sumter and take a walking tour of Charleston also. It would be a toss up as to which city I like the best.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what happens if you stand her up at the alter.
it was not just the song, she really did exist as the 1890s VooDoo Priestess. I wonder if she had red hair and green eyes. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Oh, Miss E! These guys are really hitting you hard with that red hair and green eyes bit! Lol. My eldest has red hair and blue eyes...and a temper to match!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

I'm a burnette. Alas, don't get to experience half the fun as a redhead. Poot. Now, my Scottish temper reigns supreme.
@ Ms. Font, Dahling red headed women age so well. You are fortunate. My great granny had beautiful blood red shades in her grey hair. Her sexy hair was an asset I figured. She was a terrific Lady.
@ Imposter, hehehe I wish a woman your way.Lol. May she take you on a midnight stroll to the honey well. I know, it is naughty but sounds like you need one. Hehehe.
Fine day to All.I would like to visit Florence and Venice one day maybe the Scottish Highlands. There are so many gorgeous places and such poignant and fascinating history.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Oh, Miss E! These guys are really hitting you hard with that red hair and green eyes bit! Lol. My eldest has red hair and blue eyes...and a temper to match!!
I'm a docile as a kitten.(With claws)
Lol.
Meandering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
Where?
Sad

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

So sad all these birds dieing
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Meandering wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
Along the New Madrid fault line. For real
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
I'm a burnette. Alas, don't get to experience half the fun as a redhead. Poot. Now, my Scottish temper reigns supreme.
I'm one of those blondes...! Can't say I'm a "dumb blonde" though. Lol. Since I'm thirty-one years old (with 30 years experience) I can be rather dangerous ... Heeheehee. Whoo hoo!

Between you, me and Miss E, we could write a clever joke; a red head, a brunette and a blonde walked into this bar. The bartender said:.....lol
OR : a brunette and a blonde saw this redhead sitting on a park bench. The blonde said.....! Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Way off on the spelling earlier.Hehehe. Brunette not burnette. I was burning some oil off a pan earlier. Rainy day here. Overall a nice, but sleepy day.
Bambi

Burke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they use Canaries in Coal Mines. o_<' wink wink

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Way off on the spelling earlier.Hehehe. Brunette not burnette. I was burning some oil off a pan earlier. Rainy day here. Overall a nice, but sleepy day.
Rainy day here too. We had the pioneer festival and I went and walked around in between rain.
When I was in high school I wanted to be blonde and tanned. But was stuck with red hair and very fair skinned with a splatter of freckles on my nose and shoulders. Hated it. Acceptance of ourselves inside and out comes with age, I think.
The blonde walked into a bar. The redhead laughed as she ducked under
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Lol. Ain't cha just quick with that joke?

I used to hate my old fashioned name, but over the years I've come to really like the name my parents gave me. Like you said, acceptance of ourselves!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

No rain here until about 3 hours ago and then it came all at once with some high winds and even knocked out my tv signal, but not my nap. LOL

I have been tall since teen years, but really skinny and people would say that if I wore a red neck tie that I would be mistaken for a thermomter. So my acceptance of myself came at about age 35 when I gained about 70 pounds and crested over 200 and quit being a temperature guage. LOl
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Here we sit. This is the day chosen to have the July 4th fireworks that was cancelled because of rain . We are all wearing jackets and covered with blankets because the rain cooled things down, way down. There's still some lightening and some sprinkles but they've pulled The fireworks out of the barn . 20 minutes of fantastic fireworks!! Here we go!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Here we sit. This is the day chosen to have the July 4th fireworks that was cancelled because of rain . We are all wearing jackets and covered with blankets because the rain cooled things down, way down. There's still some lightening and some sprinkles but they've pulled The fireworks out of the barn . 20 minutes of fantastic fireworks!! Here we go!!!!!
Sounds like my last date:
Waiting, anticipation, 20 minutes of fantastic fireworks. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine just fizzled out and did not even put on a good show. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

AW and Miss E!! LOL You two are nut cases!! LOL. Luv it!!

Oh, before the fireworks my cousin and I did some mattress surfing. Before your mind goes in the gutter, this involves a 4 wheeler with a rope attached to the hitch and to an old mattress. As they say, it's all fun till someone gets hurt. Cousin got the breath knocked out of her when She tumbled off the mattress on a particularly sharp curve. Oops.
Fireworks were great! Rain started back up as the last one was shot! Grabbed my chair and covers and headed for the car. Great evening!
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine just fizzled out and did not even put on a good show. LOL
Ahahaha

I hate it when that happens.
Sometimes the old stick of dynamite turns out to be a durned dud. A man thinks he has the fuse lit good and then it just goes kaput instead of KABOOM...
We have to be satisfied remembering all the demolition in the past I guess.
My 34 year old brunet, on again off again .... little philly, just dont understand that. She left happy tonight though.
:) I'm happy too.
Una would have said: AH yes, you have sinned again old pal.
You better go pay pastor fat wallet Sunday morning.
Where was it you had to go again? Ah yes...The First Church of Discount Sin.
I'll pull up to the drive through window and get the $99.95 90 day salvation package. That's a whole lot of salvation folks...for $99.95.
I can see old pastor fat wallet go SOP to the pocket with that money now.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing pretty good, mine has to settle for fumble, fumble, fumble, ooops sorry how did that happen?. Then later maybe five minuets of cheap sparklers...or three... or two. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 min Lol 1,037
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Republicans are p... 150,348
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,222
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Republicans Are S... 16,129
Campbell County Commish Races 20 hr iVote2 4
Is Ludlow where The Hills Have Eyes was filmed? 21 hr That Maniac Again 2
robin booth (Jul '10) 22 hr Ted Nugent for Mayor 35

Search the Florence Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Florence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••