It's not every day that you get a chance to post something here on Topix that might actually help someone.A home remedy I have used many times for poison-ivy is bleach water. It helps to dry it up and helps stop the itch. I will even put bleach it the tub and take a bath in it. Just don't make the water too hot. This makes it feel worse instead of better. You will have to do it several days to completely dry up but, it helps. Hope this helps someone.
Another hint... to stop the itch of mosquito bites, just wash with soap and water. Run a soapy rag over the area good and rinse. Stops it every time!
I agree, for many years now, I have used a diluted chlorine bleach solution for poison ivy. It seems to work pretty well.
I have another home remedy to share. For sunburn rub apple cider vinegar all over the burned area. It stinks, but it will take the sting and hurt out. It always works really well for me.