Kentucky Teen Arrested in Shooting Incident

Full story: WBKO 29
A Kentucky teenager is arrested after an overnight shooting in Florence. Authorities say the juvenile from Covington was charged in the death of 21-year-old Travis Webster. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a friend

Louisville, KY

#1 Apr 1, 2008
I hope this young man (animal) gets the death penalty. There is no rhyme or reason for taking such a young life.
R.I.P. TRAVIS
another friend

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Apr 1, 2008
I agree, he should get the death penalty...I don't care how young and sorry he is...Travis was being the nice guy he was to help this teenager and all he got was shot!
independence

Fairfield, OH

#3 Apr 4, 2008
now days it doesn't pay to be helpful,who really knows who you are trying to help in this case it was the devil.let him burn in hell!!!!!!!! you never know when it is going to your last day on earth.
yet another friend

Antioch, TN

#4 Apr 5, 2008
Travis was a nice guy, he was one of the coolest guys you could meet. Until he got so heavy into pills. I Havent talked to him since he left lexington, but I can tell you he left lexington because of drugs and drugs were involved in this somehow, Im no saint myself. But unless travis really cleaned up, which friends of friends claim he didnt, then Im really not surprised.
yet another friend

Antioch, TN

#5 Apr 5, 2008
this stupid kid should get the death penalty, No one deserves to Die.

I am truly sorry for his mother and family.
high school friend

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Apr 6, 2008
i new travis briefly in high school an he was an all around nice guy im truly greatful to just have known him for the short time i did. he didnt derserve any of this and im very sorry for his parents, brother, girlfriend, and friends for having lost him so young an in such a horrible way. your all in my thoughts an prayers. god bless you in your time of need.
tiffany

Richmond, KY

#7 Apr 7, 2008
I didn't know the kid. I've just been reading about the whole thing. But me n' travis have one thing in common that's our caring hearts to help other people. I've giving my far share of people a ride. but you never know who your really picking up. I've gottesn lucky, not picking up n' crazy people but if he's on drug or not no one deserves to be murdered!
FRIEND

Louisville, KY

#8 Apr 10, 2008
yet another friend wrote:
Travis was a nice guy, he was one of the coolest guys you could meet. Until he got so heavy into pills. I Havent talked to him since he left lexington, but I can tell you he left lexington because of drugs and drugs were involved in this somehow, Im no saint myself. But unless travis really cleaned up, which friends of friends claim he didnt, then Im really not surprised.
ARE YOU INSANE??? YOUR IN LEXINGTON, HAVEN'T TALKED TO HIM AT ALL SINCE, AND YOU AUTOMATICALLY THINK THAT HIM BEING MURDERED WAS ABOUT DRUGS. HOW CAN YOU GO ON HERE AND SAY THESE THINGS ABOUT HIM ON PILLS AND YOUR NOT SURPRISED HE WAS MURDERED!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!
Friend

Burlington, KY

#9 May 15, 2008
I havent seen travis- in four months or so. But he was a great guy.. He didnt deserve this. And that 17 year old should get LIFE to think about what he did every day until he dies. That's much more punishment than an easy ticket out..
brandon

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Jun 22, 2008
i have not seen travis in over 2 years. the last time was just a passing by. but he and i used to ride together all the time when we were younger. my parents would drop me off at his moms house and then we would ride all over erlanger, florence elsmere and down to ft mitchell. i have probably 12 hours of video of us riding street together when feeble grinds were the shit. i just found out about this today. and to anyone else that knew him i am very sorry for your loss as wel as his family. he was a cool as guy and though i didnt know him mjuch in his twenty's i will miss him.

brandon
Erika

Fort Myers, FL

#11 Jun 25, 2008
I went to school with Travis and was in his graduating class. He was an awesome kid always knew how to make people laugh. I haven't spoke or heard from anyone in my graduating class until today when I found out the news. I been looking on the internet about the case. I just wanna say i am so sorry to his mother and family and all his friends no one should have to go through this. And who ever was up there saying it had to do with drugs i dont know who you are but shame on you. Travis didn't deserve this no matter what. And the kid that did this needs to be given the death penalty and nothing less. God Bless Travis and his family my prayers and thoughts are with you.
MiZaL

Lexington, KY

#12 Jun 26, 2008
To whoever posted that you weren't suprised by Travis being murdered needs to speak his or her name instead of hiding behind a fake one. You got something to say then say it and we can meet up anytime bitch!!!!
Friend

Louisville, KY

#13 Jul 9, 2008
I know travis through my brother. they always used to hang out together then me and travis became friends which never has really happened with my brothers friends. Travis was a really good person. Its shows how he cared by giving some piece of shit a ride cause it was raining. Really makes me depressed to not know that he is not still around and i think about it every day. I know i will see him again one day but as for the kids punishment well, turn the kid loose in a room full of Travis's friends im sure justice will be served. RIP Travis you will be missed but never forgotten.
Lindsay

United States

#14 Jul 28, 2008
Personally, I think that's a huge shame that Travis was killed, but I don't think he should get the death penalty.
A friend

Newport, KY

#15 Jul 31, 2008
It's a shame that doing a stranger a favor out of the kindness of one's heart leads to someone's death. Travis was a caring, fun, spunky man. He was going to do great things in his life. Its such a shame that some useless black took his life. I don't think just because he is 17 that he should be considered a juvenile; seriously everyone knows right from wrong before they begin puberty. I stereotype! You almost have to because blacks are wastes of skin. They need to get a career so they can pay for their own stuff and not go around taking people's belongings and lives!!! I hope they fry the SOB!!!!!!!!
Just asking

Florence, KY

#16 Aug 6, 2008
yet another friend wrote:
this stupid kid should get the death penalty, No one deserves to Die.
So someone deserves to die then?
Someon

Colonia, NJ

#17 Oct 21, 2008
How can you guys support a death penalty when this story was only FICTIONAL?? The fact that the cops know it was fake and arrested him anyway shows how far gone this country has gone and how terribly corrupt things are now. WAKE UP SHEEP!! Most of these posts are coming from brainwashed FOX NEWS, CNN, and all other mainstream outlets that spew propaganda all day not report the real issues.
Someon

Colonia, NJ

#18 Oct 21, 2008
Oops WRONG article. Take all that back. sorry.
Daniel Webster

Hamilton, OH

#19 Dec 1, 2008
First of all I knew Travis better than anyone. I have alot of love for you all that posted comments that support me and my parents!For all those people who posted comments about him taking pills...HOW DARE YOU! You wouldn't even post your name. He was helping a stranger out and you have the nerve to run your mouth like you know what you are talking about? He wasn't on drugs, and you just like to post comments to feel important or something. R.I.P little brother, you will always be loved! For those who posted comments running your mouth..Since you know so much come talk to me about my brother's death. I will change your point of view on the subject in about 10 seconds!
WEBSTAR!
Just a old man

Lexington, KY

#20 Dec 3, 2008
This is a sad case.Seems you can't help anybody anymore without you paying for it. Doesn't make sense.And also they arent as hard on younger people compare to older people and they know it. They think they can get by withevery thing. This world is in bad shape.I mean the people are. God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covington Chili 15 hr Athenesword 6
Latonia Jukebox (Jul '12) Thu Musikologist 118
Is Samantha... is Heaven? Dec 24 In Jesus name amen 7
Migo Pangallo Dec 23 Joker 1
Gymnastics? Dec 23 Independence KY 2
Feds indict eight in Kentucky motorcycle chop s... (Aug '11) Dec 23 benomo 135
Northern Ky Bosses! Dec 23 Floman 1
Florence Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web