Two Arrested in Serious Child Abuse Case

Jul 25, 2007 Full story: KRDO-TV Colorado Springs

“I don't see how someone could be that cruel to somebody.”

It's a story that's unimaginable to most parents; a child beaten and malnourished, with so many injuries doctors say they're surprised the two-year-old Florence boy is still alive. via KRDO-TV Colorado Springs

Full Story
OKIE1

Muskogee, OK

#1 Jul 26, 2007
A friend/neighbor said this about one of the abusers (Jay Francis): "Just shocked, can't believe Jay, that this could happen to him," says Florence resident Gary Ormond, "but you just don't know sometimes, you just don't know people, you don't know the way people really are."
He didn't know that "this could happen to him"???? NOTHING happened to HIM (Jay)!!! It all happened to that little defenseless baby. What kind of human being would bite the penis and anus of another human being, especially a 2 year-old BABY !!!!!!!!!! It makes me SICK.
Cherry S

Missoula, MT

#2 Sep 3, 2007
Yeah alot of people out here seem to not take care of thier kids and live of the system to just get money from them. If you dont want a kid, use protection and dont abuse the poor thing when its born cause you f**ed up. There are SO many social service cases in canon, florence, springs, its ridiculous. They should go to jail and the kid should be permanetly taken from them.
cutie pie

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Dec 20, 2007
It isnt about the boy name Jay. My husband and I we friends with this guy and his girlfriend who abused this little boy that we went and saw in the hospital. we had this little boy in our prayers and he seems to be gods hands and doing fine. He is taken away and will never ever be around them 2 again!!!! It was on the news and in the paper we are glad that things gotten done like it should. this little boy didnt deserve all this and what the suffering he went through. Im so thankful that my husband and i went and saw this little boy he deserves to be alive and back to where he was.. i dont ever want to be friends with them 2 again and dont want them around im sorry but i dont believe in child abuse..
unknown sources

United States

#4 Nov 2, 2008
i worked with the girl in this case, mandy bates, at the hospital, in the kitchen years ago. I am shell shocked that she could have done such a horrible thing, and where is that babies real daddy at? i would hate to be them two when he comes around.
far away

Long Beach, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2008
It just turns my stomach that any child out there should be miss treated. I was abused when I was a child growing up in Florence. I still have scars from it. I am a grandmother myself now. I pray that that little boy is not damaged from those people and that he can forget all about what was done to him. Thank god for his grandmother. She is going to have her hands full. They are in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
Jeffery Ashworth arrested after stand-off with ... Aug 29 ogar8814 1
What's Happening?: Public Invited to U.S. 50 Co... Aug '14 Joan Shadinger 1
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 pacostacos 287
D-11 bans Insane Clown Posse apparel (Jan '06) Aug '14 CommonCatheter 1,255
Dr. Matt Jul '14 Hottie 1
Fremont County Sheriff's Office: Inmate found dead Apr '14 ashlee schamp 1
•••
•••
•••

Florence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••