Killed Plains child's family: Charges are too small

The grandfather of a 2-year-old boy who was struck and killed by a pickup truck expressed relief over learning the driver was charged with involuntary manslaughter and driving under the influence. Full Story
blueshish

Plains, KS

#1 Sep 22, 2012
There is no doubt the death of Konner was and still is a tragic accident. But one must put the emphasis on accident in this case. I have read several reports ans am a resident of Plains but have been struck by some of the facts that have been omitted.

Two important facts are that there was a illegally parked boat on the street where Konner and several small children were playing. There were also no adults outside while these children were playing in the street. The driver had slowed down while watching the children on one side of the street when Konner darted out from behind the boat. It was a accident and nothing more.

As far as the charges are concerned I would urge Mr. Cleveland to think about the families of the 2 people his wife killed or her x husband she stabbed.

There were many factors that played out that tragic day resulting in a sweet innocent child losing his life. There is plenty of blame to go around. From the Meade County Sheriffs office with their complete lack of presence in Plains to the adults allowing children to play unsupervised in the street to the driver but once again it must be pointed out this was a accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gene Fish (Mar '09) Sep 21 judy 27
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
Jeffery Ashworth arrested after stand-off with ... Aug '14 ogar8814 1
What's Happening?: Public Invited to U.S. 50 Co... Aug '14 Joan Shadinger 1
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 pacostacos 287
D-11 bans Insane Clown Posse apparel (Jan '06) Aug '14 CommonCatheter 1,255
Dr. Matt Jul '14 Hottie 1
Florence Dating
Find my Match

Florence Jobs

Florence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Florence News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Florence

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]