Young Child Loses Leg In Lawnmower Ac...

Young Child Loses Leg In Lawnmower Accident

There are 20 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Sep 28, 2010, titled Young Child Loses Leg In Lawnmower Accident. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

A three-year-old girl lost one of her legs in an accident involving a lawnmower Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

CONCERNED

Birmingham, AL

#1 Sep 28, 2010
PLEASE...it is not that important that your lawn is mowed, if you do not have someone to watch the children...do not mow. This is the second one this summer.
ouch

United States

#2 Sep 28, 2010
yikes, children are everywhere, you have to watch constantly, I'd never sleep again!
Think about it

Huntsville, AL

#3 Sep 28, 2010
Two years old is a little young to be inside unsupervised or around a lawnmower. I'm sure the mom has figured this out, I feel for the mom and the child - here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
bless it

Birmingham, AL

#4 Sep 28, 2010
was there anyone inside to watch the child? obviously not...a 2 yr old shouldn't be unsupervised in the first place
grady

United States

#5 Sep 28, 2010
bless it wrote:
was there anyone inside to watch the child? obviously not...a 2 yr old shouldn't be unsupervised in the first place
True, hope the baby is ok very soon.
Jim

Athens, AL

#7 Sep 28, 2010
OMG I hope she'll be ok : (
Think about it

Huntsville, AL

#9 Sep 28, 2010
Great news, WAAY is reporting that the child lost a foot not her leg! While still tragic, this is much better.

I guess sensationaloism wins at WHNT yet again.

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp...
Galen Gibson

Gurley, AL

#10 Sep 28, 2010
Well, my neighbor Cecil Roberts was backing out of his driveway and his three-year-old daughter was behind there and he didn't know it and he runned over her and killed her.
maxi

Grovetown, GA

#11 Sep 28, 2010
you're a JERK fake "bright eyes". they block your prospect, tn access so now you bounce off other proxy servers? what a tard.
Bright Eyes

United States

#12 Sep 28, 2010
Hey you stupid little coward who used my name to get your foul mouth to say things about a little child and what happened. Only cowards, perverts (which I am sure you are) and child molesters have to hide behind someone else. Grow up and show some decency, maybe for once in your life.
Its easy

Sylacauga, AL

#13 Sep 28, 2010
Think about it wrote:
Great news, WAAY is reporting that the child lost a foot not her leg! While still tragic, this is much better.
I guess sensationaloism wins at WHNT yet again.
http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp...
Unless WAAY is wrong. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Non-Driver

Johnson City, TN

#14 Sep 28, 2010
Was finishing the lawn REALLY that important to the Mom??? How is it that her two year-old was alone in the house and how is it that she could not see the baby till it was too late?? Please! Now an infant is maimed for life and all because a Mom could not groom the yard and watch her baby at the same time? I wonder what will become of this Mom...
Vlad

Gurley, AL

#15 Sep 28, 2010
Well, my neighbor, Ken Patterson once backed out of his driveway, without disturbing anything.
maxi

Grovetown, GA

#16 Sep 28, 2010
Its easy wrote:
<quoted text> Unless WAAY is wrong. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
@ Think about it..........hmmm WAFF says leg. does an inch or so really matter that much to you?
Blessed

Florence, AL

#18 Sep 28, 2010
How can you NOT see your child?? I can only pray for this child. But this is sad!!
FYI

Muscle Shoals, AL

#19 Sep 28, 2010
I am a family member and she is 4 and outgoing, sassy ans stubborn, and for those of you that had smart things to say Do children every listen to what you say!!!! Please keep my family and our little angel in your prayers
FYI

Muscle Shoals, AL

#20 Sep 28, 2010
Stupid wrote:
1. Women dont belong on lawn mowers. 2. She was probably on crystal meth. 3. I hope she goes to jail and gets her lawn mower taken away.

Hate to tell you but she is not on crystal meth and you are a jerk
maxi

Grovetown, GA

#22 Sep 28, 2010
you're an azz hole "bright" watch
concerned citizen

Decatur, AL

#23 Sep 29, 2010
I know many of you don't understand how this could happen but if any of you have childrn you know how fast a child can get into something. This grandparent or mother whoever it was is really hurting. I don't believe they meant to hurt the child if anything they probably where thinking about the child by mowing to keep the spiders out of the house. This is the season for spiders to come in. My grandchild was bit by a spider and it is painful. You shouldn't be so hard on this person. How many times have you had your child get into something or run out the door before you knew it. Children are children and they can get away from the most aware parent there is. I'll be praying for this family and this child I know they are reaslly going thru alot and it doesn't help when people get on these sights and criticize others. You were not there so you don't really know the cituation, so you really have no right to say mean things like you are. What if it was you?
Elizabeth

United States

#24 Sep 29, 2010
brown paper bag wrote:
well, lawn mowers are fun for kids to play with.
You are about as funny as nothing. It is obvious that you are from the shallows of the gene pool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer: Suspect threatened him (Jan '09) Fri Justice 9
Kim berry Jun 22 Doc 2
News Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against Suzuki (Dec '09) Jun 21 mr pages 236
Jeremy Wilson (Aug '15) Jun 16 Bianca 17
Rattlesnake saloon (Oct '13) Jun 12 proud American 5
doctor Jun 10 Doc 5
News Proposal to house illegal immigrant children in... Jun 8 tomin cali 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florence Mortgages