LIRR riders behaving badly: Readers' stories

Full story: Newsday

As the LIRR renews its campaign urging customer courtesy on trains, Newsday is asking readers what irks them during their commute.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Happy Holidays

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

Typical behavior from Long Islanders.
If people behave a certain way 23 hours of the day, what makes you think they will somehow change there behavior for a one hour train ride??
Leader

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

I do commute everyday, by taking LIRR and subway. All complains regarding LIRR is nothing to compare to MTA (service + passengers riding on a train = hell). Just a simple thing our society lacking is the culture basics.
Idiot Stick

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2007

George, what do you do with the unwashed bodies that cram into the train every day? I'd rather smell the smoke.
Mary

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

All of u riders have to be joking. Forget about the savage riders. What about most of the peak riders who run to get a seat. Stand right in front of where the door opens. On pm walk through the train doors to get to the last car (attraction). Don't worry ur not annoying everyone when your opening n closing the door. Oh n when they finally reach the last car they squeeze their fat ass in a seat they don't fit in. That's cool they basically ruin everybody roses ride. Sooo stop worrying about the conductors cause the biggest savages r the 99% peak riders who act like exactly the way they teach their savage kids not to act.
Mary

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

It's funny all u people who sit their fat ass in their cubicle all day should be careful cause their r a lot of guys that if they pushed to get a seat a lot of suits would get hurt n the the nice women with the fat asses would end up right next to the suits on their out of shape ass. Lire riders r 99% filthy savages

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Floral Park News Video

•••
•••

Floral Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Floral Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE