Claim filed against Nassau cops for a...

Claim filed against Nassau cops for alleged beating

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Claim filed against Nassau cops for alleged beating. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Floral Park teen and his mother, who claim Nassau cops beat the boy when he came to her aid after a car accident last month, have taken the first step toward suing the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Cant make this up

Far Rockaway, NY

#1 Sep 24, 2008
We'll drop the lawsuit, you drop the criminal charges. This is the oldest play in the dirtbag defense liar (lawyer) playbook. When you can't argue the facts of the criminal case deny, deny, deny, demand proof and level counter accusations.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 24, 2008
This is a crock and this woman is an idiot just like her son. Besides that, there's no charge of "battery" in NY.
JOEY BUTAFUOCCO

Edison, NJ

#3 Sep 24, 2008
DOES LT KEVIN SMITH EVER INVESTIGATE ANYTHING? HOW DOES ONE BECOME A PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER HOLDING THE RANK OF DET. LT., I KNOW, BECOME A NASSAU CTY COP AND HAVE RELATIONS WITH THE COUNTY EXEC.
liner

Bronx, NY

#4 Sep 24, 2008
"and was unlawfully and without just cause thrown to the ground, kicked, hit and assaulted and improperly arrested and caused to suffer cruel and inhuman treatment due to the alleged occurrence." :
I would find it hard to believe the cops would just decide to do this to a kid, on a whim. The kid HAD to have done something.
phil

Flushing, NY

#5 Mar 31, 2010
a good beating never hurt anyone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Floral Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election time is close by 10 hr Coco4u 1
Queens 20 hr Just trump it 1
News 'Sick' Anthony Weiner Weeps While Pleading Guil... Aug 16 DT made Un blink 34
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Aug 15 Mishkadoe21 66
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Carle Place (Nov '13) Aug 10 Christine 26
Review: Food Stamp Office (Sep '08) Aug 8 Sammy 28
Review: Floral Park Dental Care - Michael Lang DDS (Sep '09) Apr '17 Chrissiecass 38

Floral Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Floral Park Mortgages