Vandals hit Four Corners oil wells

Vandals hit Four Corners oil wells

There are 9 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Jul 15, 2009, titled Vandals hit Four Corners oil wells. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

San Juan Count deputies say a vandal responsible for $100,000 in damage to 10 oil wells is probably familiar with oil fields.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

yardman

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Jul 15, 2009
With as much money these oil and gas ripoff companies make they can afford to install video cameras on all their rigs.They make billions,so use it for a good purpose,because if they need some more money they just raise the gas prices and the state and federal government can"t do anything.
grannyheady4from hobbs

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2009
did these vandals even think about how much electricity go through some of these panels, well i hope that they had a good time vandelizing this expensive equipment did they not have anything better to do. what kind of satisfaction do people get out of destroying other peoples property and how would they feel if it was their property that was being vandalized. i hope that they catch these people and make them pay for the damages that they caused. Yes yardman the oil companies do make millions of dollars but the company that my husband works for share their wealth with their employees. so not every one is greedy.
Cheese me up

Telluride, CO

#3 Jul 15, 2009
Too bad they did not find out.
stanley

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jul 15, 2009
REDNECK HIJINX
Farmer

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Jul 15, 2009
The disturbing part is USA is still on Mid-level alert. There are supposed to be on duty armed guards at site. people slacking again.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Jul 15, 2009
Farmer wrote:
The disturbing part is USA is still on Mid-level alert. There are supposed to be on duty armed guards at site. people slacking again.
Armed guards at 24,000 well sites in San Juan County? I don't think so.

bottom ash

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jul 16, 2009
The Farmington Daily Times never made a report about this crime.

“You Think You Know...”

Since: May 09

Farmington, New Mexico

#8 Jul 16, 2009
yardman wrote:
With as much money these oil and gas ripoff companies make they can afford to install video cameras on all their rigs.They make billions,so use it for a good purpose,because if they need some more money they just raise the gas prices and the state and federal government can"t do anything.
There's roughly 24,000 active wells in just the 4 corners area alone. To install cameras and equipment to cover each individual well would be ridiculous along with monitoring each well? This happens all over the basin. They'll stop soon enough now that the heat is on them.
yippieee

United States

#9 Jul 16, 2009
catch 'em & send 'em back south!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 7 hr Indy 6,905
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Sun 144 days remaining 629
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Aug 21 Guyedghi 63
News Bloomfield looks for ways to diversify economy Aug 14 Andrea 15
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally Aug 12 standings 2
News New detox center to open in Farmington Aug 9 Remi 8
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Jul 31 Trigger 4,951

Flora Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flora Vista Mortgages