Officer injured after high-speed chase

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

A Farmington police officer remains in fair condition at San Juan Regional Medical Center after he was struck Thursday by a woman eluding police in a high-speed chase.
Comments
1 - 20 of 138 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2011
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
WHAT

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

This girl is CRAZY to the full extent! WHY was she even given a bond??? She should NOT be allowed out of jail for ANY reason! She is a danger not only to herself but DEFINITELY a danger to others. She doesn't care who she hurts!!!
Crazy white boy

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

I sure hope she doesn't get some lame plea deal where she does no time and only gets probation or something like our good ol judges around here like to give.
disgusted

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

she will either be found incompetent and let go. or given probation by one of our worthless judges or if it goes to trial our jury will let her back on the streets like the juvenile murderer
Native Mom

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

My prayers for a speedy recovery for the officer.

It sounds like this girl is mental , hope she gets the help she needs.
WHAT THE

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

That's just to crazy, thought any officer that is on a high speed chase threw town is suppose to back off... hmmm....
Farmington Lady

Aztec, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

I really want to know how a woman with mental illness can come into this country in the first place.
If she wants to cause all of this damage to people and material objects, send her back to where she came....
my2sense

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Our prayers for a speedy recovery for the officer and that he will have no permanent damages to his arm.

And, Oh Yes! This girl definately has mental issues.
She's well known for other problems and run-ins.
How in heaven's name did she bond out? This decision needs to be examined and the judge questioned about the decision.
Average

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Farmington Lady wrote:
I really want to know how a woman with mental illness can come into this country in the first place.
If she wants to cause all of this damage to people and material objects, send her back to where she came....
Are you certain she wasn't born in this country?
just reading

Delano, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

will keep the officer in our prayers for a speedy recovery. the other party needs help.
doc-z

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

sounds like something my wife would do to me
vacationer

Brownsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

WHAT THE wrote:
That's just to crazy, thought any officer that is on a high speed chase threw town is suppose to back off... hmmm....
High speed pursuits often end in disaster. They are very fun for the assailant and the police. Lots of excitement, lots of adrenaline, and great stories for the future. The police in the area need to have and enforce a "NO CHASE POLICY" (unless known felony fugitive is running). Chasing a mentally challenged girl in a state of complete chaos cannot have a positive outcome.

Now a cop is injured and his family suffers. It could have been children that were hurt, it could have been the elderly that was hurt, it could have been you, it could have been your children.

Surely a freaked out 20 year old female with boy problems did not present an immediate danger to the public until forced into a high speed chase?

Keep the public safe! Put a bullet in the next homocidal zombie that begins ramming cars after being commanded to "STOP". Why let her on the highway to endanger me?
hop sing

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

She must be a PAC employee
sanea

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

she needs to be send back to vietnam.
my thoughts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

vacationer wrote:
<quoted text>
High speed pursuits often end in disaster. They are very fun for the assailant and the police. Lots of excitement, lots of adrenaline, and great stories for the future. The police in the area need to have and enforce a "NO CHASE POLICY" (unless known felony fugitive is running). Chasing a mentally challenged girl in a state of complete chaos cannot have a positive outcome.
Now a cop is injured and his family suffers. It could have been children that were hurt, it could have been the elderly that was hurt, it could have been you, it could have been your children.
Surely a freaked out 20 year old female with boy problems did not present an immediate danger to the public until forced into a high speed chase?
Keep the public safe! Put a bullet in the next homocidal zombie that begins ramming cars after being commanded to "STOP". Why let her on the highway to endanger me?
FPD does back off of chases if there is immanent danger. Kudos to FPD!
Just saying

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Send that Ho to Las Looney
think about it

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

vacationer wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't really thinking this through, are you? The police responded appropriately for the situation. This was not "just" a girl with boy problems! This was an adult in a vehicle that was being used as a weapon. Of course the law officers have to follow her! And that statement about shooting her while she's banging her vehicle through the cop cars is ridiculous! You've played too many video games, or watched too much crap out of Hollywood. No responsibly trained officer is going to fire his/her weapon into a vehicle that's surrounded by other police officers. There's no guarantee an officer won't get hurt in the crossfire. And never mind the uproar if they had shot her in her vehicle! Police "brutality" would have been shouted from the rooftops! I love the Monday morning quarterbacking most posters do on this forum. You can bet it sounds all nice and reasonable discussing this around the water cooler, but when you're in the thick of it, and it's all happening in a matter of minutes, or even seconds, there's nothing to do but let the training kick in.

I wish a speedy recovery to Officer Stock. Thanks to all of our local law forces for the very good work they do. You are appreciated!
Just saying

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Just saying wrote:
Send that **** to Las Looney
Ok.. sorry. Send Ms. Ho to Las Looney.
Only the lonely

Shiprock, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Where was shawn scott and his equalizer during all this. Oh I'm sorry she was armed with a vehicle.
Just saying

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.. sorry. Send Ms.**** to Las Looney.
Geez. Ok the one whose last name starts with an H and ends in a O
Arm Chair QB

Brownsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't really thinking this through, are you? The police responded appropriately for the situation. This was not "just" a girl with boy problems! This was an adult in a vehicle that was being used as a weapon. Of course the law officers have to follow her! And that statement about shooting her while she's banging her vehicle through the cop cars is ridiculous! You've played too many video games, or watched too much crap out of Hollywood. No responsibly trained officer is going to fire his/her weapon into a vehicle that's surrounded by other police officers. There's no guarantee an officer won't get hurt in the crossfire. And never mind the uproar if they had shot her in her vehicle! Police "brutality" would have been shouted from the rooftops! I love the Monday morning quarterbacking most posters do on this forum. You can bet it sounds all nice and reasonable discussing this around the water cooler, but when you're in the thick of it, and it's all happening in a matter of minutes, or even seconds, there's nothing to do but let the training kick in.
I wish a speedy recovery to Officer Stock. Thanks to all of our local law forces for the very good work they do. You are appreciated!
Oh, I am thinking it through. I have just watched the video of the officers making initial contact. Could have had the situation under control immediately simply shooting the radiator out of the car, shooting the driver, shooting the tires out, using the pickup to thoroughly box her in, using the police car to trap her. Instead she is allowed to pursue on the public street. Jeopardizing my safety, your safety, the officers safety, the communities safety.

You probably wouldn't be whistling the same tune if the crazy ***** had run over your mother, father, grandson, sister, brother, fiance, grandmother, grandfather, boyfriend, girlfriend, kids, etc....

The weapon comes into play i.e., the car after the officers loss control. The car was not a menace to the public until the chase began.

If I remember correctly an officer with the last name Tracy fired on a driver at the Mustang fuel station on Butler and 30th when the punk decided to use the vehicle as a weapon. What's the difference now?

So now we have officers chasing a girl i.e., crazy terrorist, lust killer, rapist, sadist into our streets to claim justice? No, the cops are putting everyone in jeaopardy in order to chase down an emotionally upset woman, who could be picked up anytime in the near future, without incident.

Unfortunately, they chased an emotionally upset woman into one of their own. This is not about the cops and the robbers, this is about safety and common sense.

I would love to see what the injuried officer would have to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Flora Vista Discussions

Search the Flora Vista Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New upscale gym in Farmington prepares to open ... 3 hr XandO 1
Detox service could end at Four Winds Recovery ... 11 hr Native B o r n 4
Let's thank Obamacare 14 hr XandO 4
Skandera: CCSD School District Canít Split (Jun '12) Sat NEA REJECTS n TRASH 36
Letter: Code Compliance (Not Really) Sat XandO 1
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... Sat Checkd out and ready 2 go 149
Employees screwed by CCEA Sat NEA REJECTS n TRASH 10
•••

Flash Flood Watch for San Juan County was issued at July 28 at 7:38AM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Flora Vista Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••