City Council awards stimulus bid for ...

City Council awards stimulus bid for pipes

There are 7 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Feb 3, 2010, titled City Council awards stimulus bid for pipes. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

The city of Farmington awarded a bid for its first stimulus infrastructure project to a local construction company claiming it could create as many as five jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Big Boss

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Feb 3, 2010
Do we really need new water lines ?
Mr Big

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 3, 2010
FarmIdiots wrote:
"I would advocate that considering the financial status of the city and the conversation that we're getting ready to have about cutting back on services ... we're looking for every penny that we can possibly come up with," Sandel said.
Now listen to Jason Sandel,'we're looking for every penny that we can possibly come up with' to SPEND. When all he needs to do is look at Rob Mayes City Budget.
VOTE NO TO SANDEL AND FIRE ROB MAYES, TOO !!
----------
Amen to that.
TAXPAYER OF FARMINGTON

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 3, 2010
WhoDat wrote:
'TRC Construction Inc'.
WHO DAT - they are not listed by the NM STATE CORPORATION COMMISSION ?
City Council needs to check on a companies status before they sign contracts !!
Who did the work on the pool the last time??? It was just done a short time back, WHO was the screw up ??? WAS it done by undocumented workers??? Is the TRC Construction co. going to put the same undocumented to work and pay them less ??? How much kick back are the taxpayers going to pay out??? Did we clear the plans this time ?? I would not like to do this again next year.
Why Dat

United States

#7 Feb 3, 2010
Interesting to hear that Terry and Rose are taking OBAMA Money.If you can bear to listen to them squall publicly about how much they hate OBAMA and all of his wastefull programs. Poor TRC having to stoop this low.And the city is borrowing to do this?
Lee farmington

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Feb 4, 2010
2.1milliom divided by 5 _= 420'000 $per not a BAD investment? I could hire 10 people for that amount
Lee farmington

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Feb 4, 2010
ILove all the TEA ideas until it's my company family that can get in on it If opposed to Stimulus money then do the Job without the stimulus share
Lee farmington

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Feb 4, 2010
On every water bill by the city is A "Renewal=replacement "fee 6'15$
so what is this for? and why borrow if you collect this fee every month We pay =you borrow = We pay the interest so the r-r fee will raise? let's talk refund please

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pelosi hypocritical? 20 hr Anti-death panel 4
News New domestic violence hotline helps Native Amer... Mar 22 Non stop 1
WTG San Juan Regional ER Mar 18 mercycustomernow 1
News State officials cut $13.5M from Child Care Assi... (Sep '10) Mar 17 Otherwise 63
News Cannon AFB getting more planes under Air Force ... (Feb '08) Mar 13 JNM 10
News Former jail administrator files lawsuit against... (Jun '10) Mar 6 kbgarcia 178
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Mar 2 Cuauhtemotzin 725

Flora Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flora Vista Mortgages