Drug bust linked to Mexican cartels [...

Drug bust linked to Mexican cartels [1:30 p.m.]

There are 29 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from May 19, 2010, titled Drug bust linked to Mexican cartels [1:30 p.m.]. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Multiple law enforcement agencies seized more than 10 and a half pounds of methamphetamine Wednesday, which carries a street value of about $700,000, in what they are calling the biggest drug bust in recent history in San Juan County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stacy

United States

#1 May 19, 2010
WOW!!!!! After reading this...how bad do you really think the Govenor of Arizona is????? Mexicans need to stay in Mexico!!!!
CONVINCED CITIZEN

Houston, TX

#2 May 19, 2010
Even more fuel to close the borders and stop the illegals from coming into San Juan County. Wheres the concern about New Mexico.
firefly

Farmington, NM

#3 May 19, 2010
EXCELLENT JOB.....Region II Narcotics Task Force, Four Corners Gang Task Force, San Juan County Sheriff's and Farmington Police Department SWAT teams, U.S. Marshals, Drug Enforcement Agency, and Farmington and Bloomfield Police canine units ....every little bit helps make our communities safer!!!!
Please

United States

#4 May 19, 2010
Please Bill R. follow Az. lead!!! Save our children
Conservative Mexican

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 19, 2010
When are the stupid liberals going to wake up and realize that the illegal Mexicans in this country are the root of our crime problem. Meth creates an addiction and addictions create other crimes,(i.e. robbery, burglary, larceny, credit card fraud, identity theft etc.....and also violence). These illegal Mexicans do nothing but create problems for our entire socio-economic base. They drain our budgets by freeloading off the social systems that are in place for our citizens. Look what has happened to California, Arizona, Florida etc....Arizona made the right move and most of the good hard working people of this country are in line with them; but the liberals scream foul as usual. Great Work and big Cuddos out to our local cops for this bust! The hardworking Hispanic Citizens of our Country should stand up and help throw these illegals back to where they belong. If they want to be here, follow the legal avenues that our forefathers followed and help our economy, not leach from it! All they do is give all good Mexican/Americans a bad name by their criminal actions. Their criminal activity is what has brought about the Arizona legislation. They are the ones to blame!...not the people who passed the law. If they weren't drug dealing, stealing etc...no of this would have come about. GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sensible

United States

#6 May 19, 2010
Wait a minute… there had better not have been any racial profiling going on here. Did these officers have the authority to ask these suspects their status of residency?

I too hope New Mexico passes a law similar to Arizona’s new law. I won’t hold my breath though.
Read

Santa Fe, NM

#7 May 19, 2010
SEE...that is why the Mexican borders should be closed and the sneaky ones who get across should be caught, tagged, and sent back!!!
Lessons learned

Phoenix, AZ

#8 May 19, 2010
Neighbor states will only see crime increase when the new AZ law actually takes place at the end of July! We are already seeing lots less of the illegals... How much you wanna bet they will be scrambling and wishing they had done somthing sooner!!! WE AS AMERICANS NEED TO TAKE A STAND! Suport those who fought for our freeedom!!!!!!!!
Jade

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 19, 2010
WOW! That is a lot of meth... I'm so happy it didn't make it to our streets. Great work guys! I too think we need to follow AZ....
El Chingon

Dillon, MT

#10 May 19, 2010
Hmm, I wonder who was going consume the meth these vatos were handling. Why your gringo friends and neighbors of course. Where there is a demand, someone will supply it one way or the other. Si-mon.
potatoe

Alameda, CA

#11 May 19, 2010
Has anyone mentioned thes to 'President' Calderon?
dubb

Anchorage, AK

#12 May 19, 2010
Yeah, El Ciingon, that's a great retort. There are plenty of pedophiles with a demand for children -- maybe it should be okay for illegals to supply those, too.
uncivil

Booker, TX

#13 May 19, 2010
El Chingon wrote:
Hmm, I wonder who was going consume the meth these vatos were handling. Why your gringo friends and neighbors of course. Where there is a demand, someone will supply it one way or the other. Si-mon.
You have a point. But, there's no reason to make it easy for the scumbags to profit. The more difficult it is, the better.
Getaclue

Albuquerque, NM

#14 May 19, 2010
Good work on getting this trash off the streets. The above poster was correct, as long as there is demand there will be a supplier. Sad that more folks won't get their crap together and stay away from this mess.
Impartial

Albuquerque, NM

#15 May 19, 2010
With a hispanic govenor, a 44% hispanic legislature does anyone really think New Mexico will EVER do anything about illegals? They probably have relatives that are illegal..So the rest of us pay, and pay and pay, and the illegals get everything for free, they are being rewarded for being illegal. Stand at any place that sends out western union on the first of the month or a Friday. Watch all of the money that SHOULD be spent here being sent back to Mexico so their economy stays good while ours in the crapper because of all the government money spent on illegals. All the Dept of immigration has to do is raid the giant western union lines to catch illegals..no brainer They should stay in Mexico and put that same effort into making their country better as they do trying to get into ours.
Yummy

Farmington, NM

#16 May 19, 2010
What fine upstanding individuals! I bet they were planning to get jobs, get valid drivers' licences and even pay taxes! So sorry to see them and their drugs go. Chingon, wake up, if you think "Gringos" are the only ones doing meth around here, you're blind. Heroin is making a comeback, last time I checked plenty of Hispanics liked that drug too. Who will you blame then? We do need to stop the drug use here, and that begins with stopping the distribution. You're just mad because it wasn't some white trash making/selling the meth this time--get over yourself. And Calderon was so upset today because the US is making it so hard on immigrants--gee I wonder why!!!!! KUDOS to our law enforcement on this one.
LOUD PIPES

Rio Rancho, NM

#17 May 19, 2010
Right on, now this is impressive news.
kma

Monroe, LA

#18 May 19, 2010
Anybody that buys drugs is helping terrorist
In the Know

Albuquerque, NM

#19 May 19, 2010
I heard Juan Mata was the one that snitched off his primos.
Another Conservative

Farmington, NM

#20 May 19, 2010
Great work to all of those involved. In less than a year there have been two significant drug busts. Let the dopers know San Juan County does not want them here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blanco man charged with molesting 13-year-old r... Mon Angel 3
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jun 23 XabdO 443
Worse place I've ever lived Jun 21 Youhavenoidea 45
News New Mexico girl critically hurt after accidenta... Feb '15 bloom 1
News Police search for alleged beating suspects (Oct '09) Jan '15 XandO 42
News 1 dead in officer-involved shooting near Farmin... (Nov '14) Dec '14 Horace 8
News History to go up in smoke (Aug '08) Oct '14 Carol Wuerl 19
More from around the web

Flora Vista People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Flora Vista Mortgages