Newly opened Flora Vista grocery stor...

Newly opened Flora Vista grocery store in identifies need betwe...

There are 48 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 27, 2010, titled Newly opened Flora Vista grocery store in identifies need betwe.... In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Residents of Crouch Mesa and Flora Vista this week are welcoming the newly opened Farmer's Market grocery store, a location that shortens the distance many county residents travel to reach markets in Farmington or Aztec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dns

United States

#42 May 6, 2010
The Fan wrote:
Why did they put a store right deadin the middle of tweekerville tweekers dont eat
Not everybody that lives out here are tweekers. I've lived in Crouch Mesa for years and it's nice to have somewhere to get a gallon of milk without having to use so much gas.
wurx-fur-me

Albuquerque, NM

#43 May 7, 2010
It's great to see the Penningtons success. I will probably shift my grocery business to their new store just to support the local business. After all, it's the small business, not the big box store, that is the back bone of the economy. Nothing against Safeway, Albertsons, Smiths, Walmart, KMart, Target, Sam's Club, etc...those stores don't give a flip about us,it seems to me that they are just here to get our money.
Just me

Muscle Shoals, AL

#44 Feb 18, 2011
Just a Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree; try a store on the Rez. Beat City Market in Shiprock!! Gettin ugly and bad customer service.
Don't worry you guys are on the list... store profits going towards building a third store in Kirtland, another probably in shiprock, the Pennington's are targeting areas with a higher need for a grocery store, especially since we have so many customers coming in from the Shiprock area just for our good meat prices... no estimate yet on when they will start the buildings

“HOW CRAZY”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#45 Feb 18, 2011
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry you guys are on the list... store profits going towards building a third store in Kirtland, another probably in shiprock, the Pennington's are targeting areas with a higher need for a grocery store, especially since we have so many customers coming in from the Shiprock area just for our good meat prices... no estimate yet on when they will start the buildings
That would be great to have a supermarket again in Kirtland. If the Farnsworth's wouldn't have gotten so greedy we still have a store to go to. The only other thing would be for Animas Credit Union to put a branch there and I could almost totally avoid Farmington. I hope Pennington's can get it done.
chuby

Albuquerque, NM

#46 Mar 21, 2011
kma wrote:
I won't shop at any place that sells mutton
neither will i!
PATRON

Albuquerque, NM

#48 Apr 20, 2011
Please at least try the store in Flora Vista. It is a local business and the money stays here in San Juan County. Doesn't make the billionairs any richer. It's a small store, but they have a great selection. Their meat is good and their fruits and vegetables are fresh. I have compared and the prices are right in line with the chains in town. No, I do not have an interest in the store. Just really tired of big businesses who don't care about us. They only care about the MONEY!
Been there done that

United States

#49 Apr 20, 2011
PATRON wrote:
Please at least try the store in Flora Vista. It is a local business and the money stays here in San Juan County. Doesn't make the billionairs any richer. It's a small store, but they have a great selection. Their meat is good and their fruits and vegetables are fresh. I have compared and the prices are right in line with the chains in town. No, I do not have an interest in the store. Just really tired of big businesses who don't care about us. They only care about the MONEY!
Stop in from time to time and buy few things. Some of the things they run on sale are good price, but over all prices higher than in town but not bad. They are friendly in there, very nice store. Nice deli. Glad to see them there and that that are doing well.
disappointed

United States

#50 May 11, 2011
Farmers has been in Flora Vista for a year now and I am still having to check expiration dates. I've never known a grocery store to have so much expired and moldy food on their shelves.

Good stop for non parishables and ice only.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The marquee outside the Top Deck bar in Farming... 1 hr Dine-007 5
News Trial begins in Top Deck discrimination lawsuit 12 hr ShaunScott 7
Teachers blame students for low reading and mat... (Aug '07) Apr 24 UsedToBe 3
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Apr 23 271 Days Remain 601
News Murder charge filed (Jun '11) Apr 22 Justice 535
FHS Baseball Apr 20 Local Yokle 2
News City nixes hospital solar plan, sparks debate Apr 18 powah 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flora Vista Mortgages