Newly opened Flora Vista grocery stor...

Newly opened Flora Vista grocery store in identifies need betwe...

There are 48 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 27, 2010, titled Newly opened Flora Vista grocery store in identifies need betwe.... In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Residents of Crouch Mesa and Flora Vista this week are welcoming the newly opened Farmer's Market grocery store, a location that shortens the distance many county residents travel to reach markets in Farmington or Aztec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just for the record

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 27, 2010
Does anyone know what water system this new building is using? Just curious. Flora Vista Water Users Association? If so, all the folks on the system should be getting better rates now, correct?
Used to be Free

United States

#2 Apr 28, 2010
Watch what you are charged - I bought an item that was 69 cents on the aisle and was up to $1.19 by the time it got to the cash register!
just an old man

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Apr 28, 2010
Used to be Free wrote:
Watch what you are charged - I bought an item that was 69 cents on the aisle and was up to $1.19 by the time it got to the cash register!
Seem's as if Grandpa Pennington has taught the boy's well!
Rbby

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Apr 28, 2010
How was the meat section ?
just me

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Apr 28, 2010
Good idea, long time coming. Now a store on the Farmington/Bloomfield side might be nice. Didn't these folks have a store in the old Furr's building on 20th that did not stay too long? Good luck.
Sherrill Smith

Pagosa Springs, CO

#6 Apr 28, 2010
Hooray for the Pennington grandchildren who are keeping their grandfather's and father's legacies alive in the Four Corners! I wish they'd come to Pagosa Springs - we are badly in need of a decent grocery store and Pennington's stores are wonderful! Best of luck to a terrific family.
Mr Know

Rio Rancho, NM

#7 Apr 28, 2010
prices are too high, plus it's only another 5 min. to wal-mart
Welcome

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Apr 28, 2010
Welcome to the neighborhood Farmers Market. To the detractors. If you expected prices lower than a mega-billion international chain such as Wally World, then you aren't using the grey matter God gave you. As gas prices increase (which they are) the local residents will love the convenience and selection at this store. With the very welcome addition of this establishment and the hardware items available at Oil & Gas just across the street, the people just needing to make a fast trip now have places to go. We didn't need a WalMart in Flora Vista/Crouch Mesa area, but these 2 businesses fill a much needed niche for this growing community. Again Welcome neighbors. And the detractors griping about prices a few days after it opens, take that extra 5 minutes and keep going, leaves more parking for the residents of the area.
Huh

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Apr 28, 2010
Just for the record wrote:
Does anyone know what water system this new building is using? Just curious. Flora Vista Water Users Association? If so, all the folks on the system should be getting better rates now, correct?
What the heck does adding a business have to do with residential water rates ?? Feel free to fill up a barrel at the river if your rates are too high, I hear it's free that way.
Just Me

Farmington, NM

#10 Apr 28, 2010
I would like to say I did go into the store I thought it was very nice and very clean and I hope it stays that way, Wal Mart is very disgusting and very dirty and the long lines are horrible I live in Flora Vista so this is a nice thing to have
Dump

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 28, 2010
Well, I'm sure this will turn into a dump just like the one in Bloomfield. Parklot with its huge potholes. No one knows your name when you walk into the farmers market in Bloomfield, what a joke. It may save a few miles on gas but if you sit down, match up what you pay in the over priced food compared to those few miles...it may not be worth the trip to shop there. Just wait...it will turn into the exact same dump that Bloomfield is. These boys want to make money but don't want to put money into keeping their places looking nice and being excatly what they said it is in this article.
Harvester of Sorrow

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Apr 28, 2010
It's so hard for me to walk in that store without having visions of strippers!!
Bloomfield friend

Dateland, AZ

#13 Apr 28, 2010
Dump wrote:
Well, I'm sure this will turn into a dump just like the one in Bloomfield. Parklot with its huge potholes. No one knows your name when you walk into the farmers market in Bloomfield, what a joke. It may save a few miles on gas but if you sit down, match up what you pay in the over priced food compared to those few miles...it may not be worth the trip to shop there. Just wait...it will turn into the exact same dump that Bloomfield is. These boys want to make money but don't want to put money into keeping their places looking nice and being excatly what they said it is in this article.
The "boys" have done a great job with the store in Bloomfield and yes, they know several people by name and can usually be found walking the store visiting with customers. By the way, don't bash the parking lot, it has been redone and is great! Winter prohibits fixing most potholes.
jlo

Rio Rancho, NM

#15 Apr 28, 2010
Can't stand the Pennington's
Pesticides kill humans

Grand Junction, CO

#16 Apr 28, 2010
I was hoping for at least a few organic items! Guess this store is still in the dark ages.
LOL

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Apr 28, 2010
Harvester of Sorrow wrote:
It's so hard for me to walk in that store without having visions of strippers!!
yup, treading in the footsteps of the gone unclothed
gimmee a break

Johnstown, CO

#18 Apr 28, 2010
....sure hope Farmer's give bakery/deli workers hair nets....wouldn't want to buy something w/ someone's hair.....check out the pic w/ the girl's hair almost on top of the cake....ewwwwwwww!
Just a Reader

Fort Defiance, AZ

#19 Apr 28, 2010
Sherrill Smith wrote:
Hooray for the Pennington grandchildren who are keeping their grandfather's and father's legacies alive in the Four Corners! I wish they'd come to Pagosa Springs - we are badly in need of a decent grocery store and Pennington's stores are wonderful! Best of luck to a terrific family.
I agree; try a store on the Rez. Beat City Market in Shiprock!! Gettin ugly and bad customer service.
Just a Reader

Fort Defiance, AZ

#20 Apr 28, 2010
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck does adding a business have to do with residential water rates ?? Feel free to fill up a barrel at the river if your rates are too high, I hear it's free that way.
Agreed! Try the Rez Windmills or hand pump water well!!!
Just a Reader

Fort Defiance, AZ

#21 Apr 28, 2010
jlo wrote:
Can't stand the Pennington's
Your just jealous or predjudice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 13 hr Richies Cool Man ... 734
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Jul 19 Hush Money MVD 84
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jul 9 Franco 367
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul 8 the victim 52
News Young male drowns in Farmington Lake (Aug '08) Jun 23 Tim 36
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun 23 Tim 54
News New domestic violence hotline helps Native Amer... Jun 23 Tim 4

Flora Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flora Vista Mortgages