Bike accident leaves one in serious c...

Bike accident leaves one in serious condition

There are 70 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 29, 2009, titled Bike accident leaves one in serious condition. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

An Aztec bicyclist was dragged 118 feet after being struck by a vehicle Monday. Allan Carter, 59, was riding his TREK mountain bike heading west on County Road 5030 in Flora Vista at about noon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jamis

Albuquerque, NM

#61 Jul 5, 2009
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it. You have a right to being on the road as anyone else. If it holds traffic down, tough. Perhaps you may be saving their life or a traffic ticket for speeding. People around here need to learn to be patient of others. Everyone seems like they are in a hurry. In the hurry for what? They seem like they are missing out on something if they don't get there in a hurry.
Total agreement. I've yet to hear anyone against cyclists on road, claim impatience, rude behavior nd speeding behind the wheel on Farmington finest pavement. That is breaking the law, and no one wants to admit it on this forum. We all know that's true. And I don't back up cyclists who hog up the road, which is a problem that should be addressed in a law.
Rincon

Albuquerque, NM

#62 Jul 6, 2009
Jamis wrote:
<quoted text>
Total agreement. I've yet to hear anyone against cyclists on road, claim impatience, rude behavior and speeding behind the wheel on Farmington's finest pavement. That is breaking the law, and no one wants to admit it on this forum. We all know that's true. And I don't back up cyclists who hog up the road, which is a problem that should be addressed in a law.
This is an interesting post, because there were many cyclists in the 1970s-early 80s, and fewer of them were injured by motorists back then. There is a definite uphill trend of errant behavior among drivers in San Juan County and beyond, yet most of them flatly refuse to take responsibility upon their own bad driving skills. I used to be an EMT in the Four Corners, and I dreaded coming back to San Juan County working that field again. The carnage is extensive, and never anywhere have i seen it in such regularity as this area. No wonder so many outsoders consider the residents of SJ county so rude and arrogant; they reflect in their driving habits! I always carry a pistol to deal with you inbred redneck weirdos out there.
Impressed again

Albuquerque, NM

#63 Jul 6, 2009
Gravey wrote:
<quoted text>
"Impressed" is the usual laughable herd of rednecks who feel that a large truck is going to raise their sexual hormone levels, and prove to their heavyset love that this is the only way to keep their Top Deck love from straying away from BillyBowb. Impressed, we'll see at the hospital when your nicotine-choked lungs give out soon.
Actually Gravey, I have never used tabacco products, nor do I frequent establishments such as The Top Deck. If I did need any help with my homone levels I am sure you would be more than willing to share some of your pills with me, but I am good for now thanks.

“Polymath”

Since: Jul 08

Farmington

#64 Jul 6, 2009
Rincon wrote:
There is a definite uphill trend of errant behavior among drivers in San Juan County .
Oh I don't know...Farmington drivers have always been pretty fast, out-of-control, and rude.
ken

Albuquerque, NM

#65 Jul 8, 2009
Jamis wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's rephrase the comment in error from Ken:
"Until drivers in vehicles are required to take refresher and defensive driving courses, the people of New Mexico do not belong on the roadways." No need to thank me for the accurate correction.
I know you said not to, but, thanks anyway for the correction. I meant to write that first but just couldn't type it out as elegantly as you did.
2cool4school

Rangely, CO

#66 Jul 8, 2009
Give me a break. If you ride a "bike" in Farmington, you got it comming. Look around you at the "local" drivers? Dumber than a box of rocks. In San Juan County it's not even safe to walk. Some 6 or 7 time DWI driver will get ya! Your 'locals' are really bad drivers guys.
Grimreaper

Phoenix, AZ

#67 Jul 8, 2009
Its really pretty sad all you have to do is pay attention to where your going.Then it took him how long to stop? Their wasnt any crystal meth involved here?If you cant pay any better attention than that yuo dont belong on the road.The kid obviously not telling the whole story.God i hope they dont let this guy drive anything bigger than a pickup for christ sakes.I guess thats the difference he was on a bike if hed been walking it would have been more heinous.
perspective

Denver, CO

#68 Jul 8, 2009
Grimreaper wrote:
Its really pretty sad all you have to do is pay attention to where your going.Then it took him how long to stop? Their wasnt any crystal meth involved here?If you cant pay any better attention than that yuo dont belong on the road.The kid obviously not telling the whole story.God i hope they dont let this guy drive anything bigger than a pickup for christ sakes.I guess thats the difference he was on a bike if hed been walking it would have been more heinous.
Pokie did it!
hesperusbound

Rozet, WY

#69 Jul 9, 2009
the sad truth is that if the vehicle had hit a tractor or motorcycle or any other motorized vehicle, it sounds from the prev.posts, the opinions would be more sympathetic. No noise about banning tractors, Rvs or other slow moving vehicles, just pedestrians. we all have rights to the road, most pedestrians have jobs and pay income tax. if we register bicycles do I have to register my coffee maker or skiis, or running shoes? too much governemnt does not make humans more conciencious or "humane". driving is a serious occupation, it's not a game out there, any vehicle can become a weapon. I do race bicycles and get really angry when I see other cyclist break the law, such as running lights or not stopping, or riding the wrong way. I get blamed for it.
At the same time, i'm not going to ride in the gutter when I have the same rights as a motor vehicle (or is that moron vehicle) americans become egocentric when they enclose themselves in a metal case and insulate themselves from their own humanity. we were born w/ feet not gas cans. I'm a human being and have a right to walk or bike down the road the same as any other human, I don't need a license to walk, I think I was born w/ that ability. Why do motorists think they have the right to run over and through anything that interfers w/ their selfish ego? Do they treat their friends that way, or is it just when they get behind the wheel? why does the fact that motorist should be watching out, make some so angry? sounds like there is a deeper problem here.
DurangoWheelClub

Albuquerque, NM

#70 Jul 11, 2009
hesperusbound wrote:
...americans become egocentric when they enclose themselves in a metal case and insulate themselves from their own humanity. we were born w/ feet not gas cans. I'm a human being and have a right to walk or bike down the road the same as any other human, I don't need a license to walk, I think I was born w/ that ability. Why do motorists think they have the right to run over and through anything that interfers w/ their selfish ego? Do they treat their friends that way, or is it just when they get behind the wheel? why does the fact that motorist should be watching out, make some so angry? sounds like there is a deeper problem here.
There is Hesperus; it's called the Four Corners Redneck. Arrogant, selfish drivers who are more concerned for the next sip of Bud than the life of an individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Tue Rob M 6,893
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Aug 21 Guyedghi 63
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Aug 20 Skitedvju 627
News Bloomfield looks for ways to diversify economy Aug 14 Andrea 15
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally Aug 12 standings 2
News New detox center to open in Farmington Aug 9 Remi 8
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Jul 31 Trigger 4,951

Flora Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flora Vista Mortgages