Man facing 24 years in prison receive...

Man facing 24 years in prison receives probation

There are 41 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Feb 26, 2010, titled Man facing 24 years in prison receives probation. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A Flora Vista man facing 24 years in prison for fraud and embezzlement charges was sentenced Friday in Farmington District Court to five years of probation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Victim

Albuquerque, NM

#44 Mar 2, 2010
Bill wrote:
You all need to calm down. I believe in making people pay for crimes but this man has never been in trouble ever before. I personally know him and he is good man and will make restitution for his wrong. His wife had been on Dialysis for quite a long time. They had struggled for a few years with supporting this. That was no excuse for him but give him a break. He's 62 years old and would do no one any good sitting in prison. This man will repay his money owed but not with all of you crucifying him for what he has done. For those of you that think differently maybe you should cast the first stone if you are so perfect. He didn't kill anyone in the process so why doesn't he deserve a second chance? This judge did the right thing!
Escuse me...perhaps you are thinking of the wrong person. This Bruce Christiansen was already in the PPD program for doing the exact same thing. Typoe his name into the NM Courts website and there is a page of charges against him dating back years. He is not married. He has a girlfriend who lives in Arizona and as bad as I feel for her physical ailments...they have NOTHING to do with this crime. I too hope he makes good and repays the people he scammed...but his own family members stood in that court room and mostly told us we were holding our breath as he had scammed them the same as he had us. I don't want to see him die in prison...but I would suggest he start applying for jobs so that he can prove us all wrong and make things right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man stabbed in Wal-Mart parking lot (May '10) Oct 8 Hazel96 79
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Sep 29 Riley 87
News Teen faces murder charge (May '10) Sep '17 Daughter of Ben 95
News Ousted Navajo Head Start leader alleges harassment Sep '17 User 2
SJC Fair Aug '17 Biker 5
A New Motorcycle Club running aroung?? (Jan '10) Aug '17 Riley 25
Sunny Aug '17 Kidd Rockk 1

Flora Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance