Clinton County Landfill

Posted in the Flora Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unsightly

Frankfort, IN

#1 Feb 20, 2013
I have never seen such a mess in all my life. Driving south on St Rd 39 this morning, I have never seen so much trash in the road and on the ground that I did this morning. This is disgusting and makes it very unsightly for people from out of town driving into Frankfort. This is a mess and needs to be handled on so many levels in our Government offices. This has been going on too long and its just going to get worse when they start building on the other side of the road. Im asking that out officials in charge do something immediately to resolve this unsightly roadway.
whatever

United States

#2 Feb 20, 2013
I agree! I saw it last night on my way to rosville. The plastic bags are everywhere! It needs to be addressed!!!!
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

#3 Feb 20, 2013
whatever wrote:
I agree! I saw it last night on my way to rosville. The plastic bags are everywhere! It needs to be addressed!!!!
Yeah, I agree but I see it everyday I drive by Wamplers!!! Mud in the road and piles of junk stacked to the clouds. Lets take care of the city first. After all, its in the city limits...
Check for Reality Check

Frankfort, IN

#4 Feb 20, 2013
Same here! As I drove to Rossville I saw all the plastic bags strewn all over the field and stuck up in the trees for a good distance on past the dump towards Rossville.

According to Skip Evans, they aren't doing what they are suppose to do. The wheel wash for the trucks coming in and out doesn't work half the time. And they are suppose to be providing documentation of the money they bring in since the county gets some of that income and they aren't doing it either.

Another big screwing to the people by those great Beard boys.

I think everyone should take their bags of trash out to 450 west and dump them off in front of Mike Beards house.

What a PRICK!
Seriously

Michigantown, IN

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Check for Reality Check wrote:
Same here! As I drove to Rossville I saw all the plastic bags strewn all over the field and stuck up in the trees for a good distance on past the dump towards Rossville.
According to Skip Evans, they aren't doing what they are suppose to do. The wheel wash for the trucks coming in and out doesn't work half the time. And they are suppose to be providing documentation of the money they bring in since the county gets some of that income and they aren't doing it either.
Another big screwing to the people by those great Beard boys.
I think everyone should take their bags of trash out to 450 west and dump them off in front of Mike Beards house.
What a PRICK!
It is a sad thing to see. Especially if you are heading to Frankfort as a out of state visitor.

At least the try real hard to get the stuff picked up. Still that isn't an excuse for allowing it to occur over and over.
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

#6 Feb 20, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sad thing to see. Especially if you are heading to Frankfort as a out of state visitor.
At least the try real hard to get the stuff picked up. Still that isn't an excuse for allowing it to occur over and over.
Again, you are talking about driving to Frankfort, what about the mud on the roads Wampler leaves behind and the mountain of trash to the clouds. I guess once you are in the city its ok, is that right? You people are amazing...
Seriously

Michigantown, IN

#7 Feb 20, 2013
Get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are talking about driving to Frankfort, what about the mud on the roads Wampler leaves behind and the mountain of trash to the clouds. I guess once you are in the city its ok, is that right? You people are amazing...
Calm down... I was just commenting on another comment. Doesn't mean that I like the mud.

Dang
Landfill needs FINED

Frankfort, IN

#8 Feb 21, 2013
The landfill needs FINED for all the "walmart tumble weeds" that blow around and litter up the trees, property, and fields. They should have to pay per bag collected.

OR-- The landfill SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE ON EXTREMELY WINDY DAYS. Just like the kids don't go to school when it's too cold or snowy.

Something needs to be done about the landfill, it's an embarrassment to our County. Especially to "visitors"
Tired of all the Crooks

Frankfort, IN

#9 Feb 21, 2013
All they need to do is move the landfil further south and west, closer to 300W and get it off of the highway. The creek is already most likely contaminated and there is really not much out there of any value anyway. This would solve all the issues.
your rite

Carmel, IN

#10 Feb 21, 2013
just ask mike beard and bill clinton how much money they made off that deal i was at all those meetings scary
Tee Hee

Michigantown, IN

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Tired of all the Crooks wrote:
All they need to do is move the landfil further south and west, closer to 300W and get it off of the highway. The creek is already most likely contaminated and there is really not much out there of any value anyway. This would solve all the issues.
Now Martin, you just can't dig up all that trash and move it you silly boy.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 22, 2013
I drive by the county landfill several times a week. When we have windy weather trash, mostly small paper and plastic items, blow across SR 38/39 into the adjoining field.

What I find interesting is that most of that material shouldn't be in the landfill in the first place. It's all recyclable.
Peggy

Cary, IL

#13 Feb 23, 2013
punjab wrote:
I drive by the county landfill several times a week. When we have windy weather trash, mostly small paper and plastic items, blow across SR 38/39 into the adjoining field.
What I find interesting is that most of that material shouldn't be in the landfill in the first place. It's all recyclable.
So, you know about this, but your location is hidden? Why do you hide? Are you from Frankfort? If not from Frankfort, why would you care?
Flavors

Michigantown, IN

#14 Feb 23, 2013
Peggy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you know about this, but your location is hidden? Why do you hide? Are you from Frankfort? If not from Frankfort, why would you care?
This from a person called Peggy who simply shows she is from the United States.

At least Punjab has a registered account, an e-mail address, and an address in the city?

Where's yours???
FOR REAL

Frankfort, IN

#15 Feb 24, 2013
Maybe if we didn't have semis full of trash coming from all over the US. Why would Frankfort agree to let other places dump there trash here? The OL' MIGHTY DOLLAR!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Feb 24, 2013
FOR REAL wrote:
Maybe if we didn't have semis full of trash coming from all over the US. Why would Frankfort agree to let other places dump there trash here? The OL' MIGHTY DOLLAR!!
Of course it's the "ol' mighty dollar'. It's called capitalism. Have you tried it recently?
Peggy

Hanover Park, IL

#17 Feb 24, 2013
FOR REAL wrote:
You are correct!!! My guess is, a farmer sold his ground to make a landfill. Made lots of money, and left others to suffer. This is the NEW AGE farmer. BTW he/she will be setting in church on Sunday.
Who are you who who who

Michigantown, IN

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Peggy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct!!! My guess is, a farmer sold his ground to make a landfill. Made lots of money, and left others to suffer. This is the NEW AGE farmer. BTW he/she will be setting in church on Sunday.
Now Peggy... let's not be so hateful.

BTW, when are you going to reveal where you are really from.
Seriously

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Feb 26, 2013
If you are going to complain about the dump on the north end of town, why not complain about all the junkyards that are on the east side now and the west side of town! Why not put another junkyard in the south side of town while their at it? The town of Frankfort is such a dump, so just let the junk yards and the slum lords completely take over!!!! Frankfort is becoming more like Indy every day!
childs play

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 26, 2013
Seriously wrote:
If you are going to complain about the dump on the north end of town, why not complain about all the junkyards that are on the east side now and the west side of town! Why not put another junkyard in the south side of town while their at it? The town of Frankfort is such a dump, so just let the junk yards and the slum lords completely take over!!!! Frankfort is becoming more like Indy every day!
With you to guide us, we will be all living in nice clean homes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Administrator of Parkview 14 min Cassie Call 21
City wants back Ambulance service (Nov '13) 17 hr anoy 27
Trouble at Parkview (Jun '14) 18 hr Cassie Call 49
federal charges in rape cover up (Mar '14) Sat INFOWARS 49
Cole Chambers: CC Most Wanted Thu Richard K 10
Merry Christmas Dec 25 Prancer 2
mike Red perkins and frank hail selling heroin ... Dec 24 Sassy 15
Flora Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web