DEA Investigates Drug Theft at CVS

DEA Investigates Drug Theft at CVS

Posted in the Flora Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Honest John

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2009
The DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) was called in by CVS to investigate the theft of drugs in their Flora facility. When the investigation finished, 1 employee was terminated. No charges have been filed because it is up to the Flora Police Department to file them. The accused is apparently a well known snitch for the FPD. Early reports are that over $10,000 dollars worth of oxycodone was stolen over a period of a couple years.

“Argh, Shiver me Timbers”

Since: Sep 08

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2009
Interesting, thanks for posting this information. I have heard several people who were having problems with the CVS pharmacy "losing" electronic prescriptions and requiring the doctors to resend them. I believe there is more to this story.

I would like to see the source for your story also.
James

Levittown, PA

#3 Aug 22, 2009
humm an even better reason to avoid the pharmacy portion of CVS. The workers in the pharmacy section are rude, not caring one bit. Most of them came from Throgmortons and they axed most of the original CVS staff when they built the new store. notice a connection there????? CVS, most of the staff from Throgmortons.... Oh BOB, You up to something again since you got off your flying drunk charge... Sounds like to me we better be looking at Bob Powless again.

“Argh, Shiver me Timbers”

Since: Sep 08

Lakewood, OH

#4 Aug 23, 2009
That does make sense when you put it that way, when the employees who were used to turning their heads are still around it works well, but I doubt that Corporate CVS would allow Bob to have any authority in picking the employees and the management is from the CVS store.
Sammy

Farmington, MO

#5 Aug 25, 2009
I am wondering where this information came from. Why wasn't it in the paper or on the news? How reliable is the source?
Sue

Onalaska, WI

#6 Aug 25, 2009
I have never had a problem with CVS and the people there are always very helpful so I dont see what the problem is. I think Bob Powless has cleared his name and you should leave him out of this.
Name_has_yet_2b_ Cleared

Farmington, MO

#7 Aug 26, 2009
Sue, I've lived in Flora all my life, when I was 19 I set a truck on fire, I was on drugs.. I went to rehab, haven't touched a drug since June 2004, I've been a law abiding citizen since then, but I'm still treated like a bad person here.. I've waited years and still I'm considered scum.. Bob Powless deserves a bad name just as much as I do.. but no.. he's the head of Flora's airport.. F**K him,
Sarabell

Flora, IL

#8 Aug 26, 2009
Alpha77 wrote:
That does make sense when you put it that way, when the employees who were used to turning their heads are still around it works well, but I doubt that Corporate CVS would allow Bob to have any authority in picking the employees and the management is from the CVS store.
I totally agree with you Alpha I do not think that Bob would have any decision making regarding controlled substances. CVS is a big corporation. Where did this story originate from?
Sarabell

Flora, IL

#9 Aug 26, 2009
Sue wrote:
I have never had a problem with CVS and the people there are always very helpful so I dont see what the problem is. I think Bob Powless has cleared his name and you should leave him out of this.
Oh Please
Sarabell

Flora, IL

#10 Aug 26, 2009
James wrote:
humm an even better reason to avoid the pharmacy portion of CVS. The workers in the pharmacy section are rude, not caring one bit. Most of them came from Throgmortons and they axed most of the original CVS staff when they built the new store. notice a connection there????? CVS, most of the staff from Throgmortons.... Oh BOB, You up to something again since you got off your flying drunk charge... Sounds like to me we better be looking at Bob Powless again.
What in the world are you thinking this would have nothing to do with Powless. really absurd
Sarabell

Flora, IL

#11 Aug 26, 2009
Alpha77 wrote:
That does make sense when you put it that way, when the employees who were used to turning their heads are still around it works well, but I doubt that Corporate CVS would allow Bob to have any authority in picking the employees and the management is from the CVS store.
You sound like a sensible person and I enjoy reading your posts
Sarabell

Flora, IL

#12 Aug 26, 2009
Honest John wrote:
The DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) was called in by CVS to investigate the theft of drugs in their Flora facility. When the investigation finished, 1 employee was terminated. No charges have been filed because it is up to the Flora Police Department to file them. The accused is apparently a well known snitch for the FPD. Early reports are that over $10,000 dollars worth of oxycodone was stolen over a period of a couple years.
Where did you get this information?
Asking again

Farmington, MO

#13 Aug 26, 2009
Where did you get this information? It hasn't been on the news or in the pepers. Was is it in the Disclosure?
I don't agree with Honest John that it is up to the Flora PD to file cahrges. This would be, if true, a DEA case with federal charges. After all, Oxycodone is a controlled substance.
TruthfulTom

Cleveland, OH

#14 Aug 27, 2009
It's not a Federal case, but a State. That's why it was up to the Local LE to file charges. The link is on WNOI.com .

FLORA WOMAN ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH TWO FELONIES

(08/27/09)rp

Last Friday, the South Eastern Illinois Drug Task Force arrested 36-year-old Angel Walden, of Flora. Walden, an employee of CVS Pharmacy in Flora, was charged with Theft over $300, which is a Class 3 Felony. The Information filed in this case charges that on July 15th, she knowingly took a 500-count bottle of Hydrocodone with the intent to deprive CVS Pharmacy, permanently, of the use or benefit of the property.

In addition to the Theft charge, she was also charged with Unlawful Delivery of a Controlled Substance, which is a Class X Felony. The Information alleges that on July 16th, she sold over 200 grams of Hydrocodone to Charles Walden.

The Flora Police Department, U.S. Department of Justice/Drug Enforcement Administration Diversion Unit, the FBI, and the Clay County State’s Attorney’s Office assisted in the investigation.

The charge is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty.

“Argh, Shiver me Timbers”

Since: Sep 08

Lorain, OH

#15 Aug 27, 2009
Tom, I did get it posted here on topix...

http://www.topix.com/city/flora-il/2009/08/fl...

I am guessing that this could be tied into things discussed above as far as being a pre-CVS employee, and obviously someone who posted the orignal message wanted the public to know the situation, because they knew that the truth might not come out for a while. We users of topix appreciate that heads up ahead of time, the suspense was terrible. But we managed in the end.
Mark

United States

#16 Aug 28, 2009
Yet to be cleared
I think I used to be your neighbor!

cool forum...glad I found it
Sammy

Farmington, MO

#17 Aug 30, 2009
Yes, it is nice to know that there really was truth to Honest Abe's post. Thank you, Honest Abe for the "Heads Up".

“Argh, Shiver me Timbers”

Since: Sep 08

Lorain, OH

#18 Aug 31, 2009
Honest John but Abe works for him I would think lol
Sam

Farmington, MO

#19 Sep 1, 2009
Sorry, I meant to thank Honest John. Yes is is great that Topix posts items before they ever hit the news.
You do a great job Alpha77

“Argh, Shiver me Timbers”

Since: Sep 08

Lorain, OH

#20 Sep 1, 2009
I only do what I can, typically I don't run with a story until I know for sure it has happened. I crawl websites and post the news that is local to these areas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sun SligieForMayor 178
Larry Bailey / Boondocks Cafe' (May '15) Feb 17 Truth 4
Anyone remember Jerry Wayne Camden? (May '17) Feb 16 Still in grief 2
Ho's Feb 15 justme101 1
Who knew james b whetzel Feb 15 kent 2
adrian h Nov '17 bob 1
News city of flora revokes liquor license at chances... (Nov '08) Oct '17 LeftFlora10yearago 6

Flora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flora Mortgages