Flippin NEEDS a "flippin" change!

Flippin NEEDS a "flippin" change!

Posted in the Flippin Forum

StuckInH3ll

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 Oct 27, 2008
Am I the ONLY one who is tired of our Mayor here in Flippin? This woman has gone off the rocker and really needs someone to step up and take her out of office! She is not only power hungry, but she has been known to run kids out of the city park (who were just resting after playing basketball). She ended up calling a police officer up there to make them leave because they were "loitering"..hmm.. loitering in a park.. that's a new one.. Also she has the PD run people's license plates when cars are sitting in a driveway or just while following a car through town..with NO reason! I hear she even gets on the horn and has a fit when she hasn't heard anyone's information being run for more than 30 minutes or so.. lol I mean, what kind of nut is this woman? This used to be a peaceful, enjoyable place to live, but I'm thinking a change is definitely needed around here. Oh, the latest rumor is that she's been driving around town (in her gas guzzling SUV) just looking for things to issue citations for.. when will the madness end?
resident in transition

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2008
I see that you hear a lot of things and listen to a lot of rumors. What are your personal experiences with the mayor? In what way has she not fulfilled her duties and obligations as mayor? Please cite primary sources, thanks.

Since: Nov 08

Charleston, WV

#3 Nov 9, 2008
Where to start with this one. Lets talk annexation! Here we have a Mayor who proposed to annex the lands surrounding the city through an illegitimate petition. This petition was taken from door to door by her own police force outside the city limits. My neighbor was told that he was signing a petition to have his street paved. Talk about crooked! When I bought my home I went down to the City Hall to find out what was going on with this annexation. I was told that I had no choice in the matter I was being annexed! This is not remotely true. Not only do I have a choice, but the residents who signed this "petition" can remove their property from the petition at any time. I made sure that mine was not listed.

Next lets look into the $485,000 hay field that was sold to Wal-Mart by Flippin's Mayor. She tried to sell a piece of land in the family trust without authorization. Her own family had an injunction filed against her. In the end she did it and drove local property values through the roof. Now the average Joe can't afford housing in this little town.

She's a piece of work! We need to find someone ethical to run against her in the next election!

I think that we need to find an outstanding member of this community to run in the next election to replace "Mayor Jane". Someone that will stand up for Flippin not her pocket book.
helen

Tulsa, OK

#4 Nov 18, 2009
bryan seawright for Mayor

“LMFAO”

Since: Jan 10

Fort Worth TX.

#5 Jan 14, 2010
yeah change the stupid name, sounds like a hillbilly town
lmao

Ava, MO

#6 Jan 26, 2010
Mary Jane's nephew must really make her proud.. check this out!
Gassville police arrest Marion County man on drug charges
By: Richard Hester

PrintShareThis

A 29-year old Marion County man was arrested by Gassville Police after suspected drugs were discovered following a routine stop of the van he was driving. Dylan Johnston of Gassville was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of an instrument of crime after a search of the vehicle produced two individually wrapped plastic baggies with four grams of suspected marijuana, a glass pipe, and another baggie containing marijuana possibly laced with methamphetamine.
Gassville Police Sergeant Everett Uchtman stopped the van Johnston was driving due to a broken windshield.
Uchtman said the suspected bag of marijuana laced with methamphetamine has been sent to the State Crime Lab for testing and additional charges may be pending in the case.
Dylan Johnston was also charged with driving on a suspended license, no proof of insurance, and no seat belt. He was released from the Baxter County Jail on $1,100 bond.
not there any more

Crestview, FL

#7 Feb 12, 2010
i do not live there now. but i understand your fustration, about this ? mayor. i did not like her the first time i met the stuck up ?. i hate people that think they are better than everyone else and thinks she and her family can do no wrong. Wrong! Look at what she has done under handed and look at the golden boy Dylan..heeeee he.
michign

United States

#8 Mar 29, 2010
hmhmh we was looking for at land for sale in your town but after reading all this hmhmhm so how is your town
well

Branson, MO

#9 Apr 14, 2010
Michign I would wait until after the election and make sure this woman does NOT get re-elected before you move to Flippin. She makes the folks' lives hell around there. Other than her, the area is wonderful and the schools are GREAT!
mayors nephew

Flippin, AR

#10 Aug 7, 2010
m

Hey LMAO Apparently you havnt been keeping up with your current events check baxter co court records then let me know how funny u think that is [email protected]!
hbo

Omaha, AR

#11 Aug 10, 2010
The annex issue has nothing to do with the mayor...it is the city council.......the sale of land to wal mart was sold by her dad....amount is no ones business........thugs in the park after closing...would hope they would be sent home....nephew issue....all charges dropped (no case, charges were fictious,personal issue between cop and nephew, cop fired) before you get on here and run your blow hole...get the facts

“LMFAO”

Since: Jan 10

Fort Worth TX.

#12 Dec 26, 2010
michign wrote:
hmhmh we was looking for at land for sale in your town but after reading all this hmhmhm so how is your town
ONE WORD ....FUGLY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flippin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Allen 54 min Mountain Homie 24
sunset motel,by doughnut shop. 8 hr 1sister43 1
Gregory Johnson 8 hr John Longrod 26
Don't move to Mountain Home Arkansas 16 hr Itiswhtitis 60
Baxter Lab? They laid off 100 people. Wow!! 16 hr Itiswhtitis 12
Do not move to Mountain Home!! 16 hr Itiswhtitis 23
Bangin John (Jan '15) 16 hr Itiswhtitis 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flippin Mortgages