White River guide finds 1920s craft on river bed

Jul 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTHV-TV Little Rock

It turned out to be a nearly complete riverboat from the 1920s. Longtime fishing guide Mike Flippin has raised the boat and has it on land, submerged in a vessel and treated with a solution that will preserve the wood.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Aug 5, 2010
Ron Rice

Hot Springs Village, AR

#1 Aug 5, 2010
I don't understand how this boat could have gone undiscovered for this long, with the number of guides on the river every day. I have fished that area many times with guides, including Mike Flippin. Including when the water level was so low that at times the motor had to be raised to clear some rock formations. Just seems remarkable to me, since so many guides there know every inch of the White River. But congrats to Mike, he is a neat guy and a great guide. Can't wait until my next trip there. Cotter Boat Dock (Debbie and Ron Gamble) is the greatest!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flippin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr Baa Baa Black Sheep 9,879
Man accused of shoving, hitting child charged w... 3 hr girl 5
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 hr JPL 29,661
looking for young freaky ladies who can keep a ... 23 hr skankcentral 4
Julie L Brown Fri trust me I know 15
Mikayla Watkins Fri John 20
Lake monday Fri guest 12
•••
•••
Flippin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••