White River guide finds 1920s craft o...

White River guide finds 1920s craft on river bed

There are 1 comment on the KTHV-TV Little Rock story from Jul 22, 2010, titled White River guide finds 1920s craft on river bed. In it, KTHV-TV Little Rock reports that:

It turned out to be a nearly complete riverboat from the 1920s. Longtime fishing guide Mike Flippin has raised the boat and has it on land, submerged in a vessel and treated with a solution that will preserve the wood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTHV-TV Little Rock.

Ron Rice

Hot Springs Village, AR

#1 Aug 5, 2010
I don't understand how this boat could have gone undiscovered for this long, with the number of guides on the river every day. I have fished that area many times with guides, including Mike Flippin. Including when the water level was so low that at times the motor had to be raised to clear some rock formations. Just seems remarkable to me, since so many guides there know every inch of the White River. But congrats to Mike, he is a neat guy and a great guide. Can't wait until my next trip there. Cotter Boat Dock (Debbie and Ron Gamble) is the greatest!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flippin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another reason to vote NO on that $9 million do... 13 hr brightfuture 3
Grand theft fuel, marion county corruption in t... Thu brightfuture 2
beware of the Marion County sherrifs deputy wri... Thu brightfuture 8
terry ott was he discplined for misusing a co... Thu unfinished business 5
We can not afford a delux hilton house Jail, vo... Feb 10 brightfuture 13
News Triton, Stratos may leave Flippin Feb 9 Informed Voter 10
Ranger boats (May '14) Feb 7 Reality 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flippin Mortgages