Fort Sill, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

Why doesn't Lawton have any decent stores? Wichita Falls is roughly the same size and has everything, Target, Petsmart, Petco, Kohl's, Bed and Bath, Avery, TJMaxx, just to name a few. Lawton on the other hand has nothing. We are being walmarted to death. One other grocery store, Countrymart would be O.K. despite the higher prices if their stuff was consistent good quality which it is not.
Until Lawton wises up I'll take my business 45 miles south of the border.
Ann

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Judged:

I have to agree with you. you would think with all of the military here there would be better choices. The city planners really do not know what they are doing. almost the whole town looks like a slum
resident of lawton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Ann wrote:
I have to agree with you. you would think with all of the military here there would be better choices. The city planners really do not know what they are doing. almost the whole town looks like a slum
So true! The people who run this city don't know what they are doing. It's ridiculous that with the population here close to Witchita Falls, We have nothing to brag about.
resident of lawton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Stuckee wrote:
Why doesn't Lawton have any decent stores? Wichita Falls is roughly the same size and has everything, Target, Petsmart, Petco, Kohl's, Bed and Bath, Avery, TJMaxx, just to name a few. Lawton on the other hand has nothing. We are being walmarted to death. One other grocery store, Countrymart would be O.K. despite the higher prices if their stuff was consistent good quality which it is not.
Until Lawton wises up I'll take my business 45 miles south of the border.
When will the people that are supposed to be beautifying this town wake up? We were supposed to have this grand mall built on the west side of town, what happened? I do believe that a town our size can support some of the bigger chain stores. I find Lawton as an unusual town with the people that have businesses here it seems that everyone here is afraid of change!!! Yes, it seems that Wal Mart is the only place to shop, besides the mall which doesn't have much to offer either!!! I will take a ride down the highway and support there city! I hate to say that but there's no shopping here. I feel the same when I buy a car as well, I have bought all my vehicles in OKC they give better deals!!! Sad that we are being forced to support other cities.
sw oklahoma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

i dont know. lawton was a craphole when i was in highschool and it isnt much better now. all i can really say is that atleast they moved the strip clubs out of city limits. in my opinion we have too many army people here. why dont they sent them to el paso instead of sending them here from el paso. the traffic sucks, the food suck, you cant find a house that doesnt smell like cat urine for under 1000 dollars a month, and the town is infested with trashy people, not to mention the influx of bums.
blue bill

Ardmore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

ya think lawton is deprived,come to ardmore....there's nothing !!!
Chuck

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

One major reason is Texas (and of course Wichita Falls) is older, more established and richer. Income is much higher south of the Red River, thus you are going to find higher-end stores. Also, thousands of our local residents shop on Fort Sill, which hurts the local stores and their ability to grow. How is taking your money (and your tax dollars) south going to help Lawton?
Firecracker

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

I just wish someone in this town,could make a corner without stopping first.Driving here is a pain.
pappy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

interesting thoughts about Lwton. but Lawton will never grow up. the city has a high ratio of young men there that have low incomes, soldiers, and do not have the wisdom of their older peers. and the city lives on the younger generations to snooker them into buying high priced items that they are chaged way to much for- such as car dealers. Yep thats why the city of lawton will never grow up. there are to many easy marks living there. Whats the need of better stores, when you have been Wal Marted. And will stay Wal Marted
Straight up

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

The soldiers and their families actually bring some culture into Lawton (some good some bad). I've never seem so many slow moving..la..di..da people in my life as the native (to Lawton) business people. If they would put more into schools, knock down most of these useless churches and put up some actual needed stores, and the city would plan some events that actually capture the interest of the growing demographic this could be a decent little cosmopolitan area with some community TLC. I mean square dancing...really?...Plenty of Pow-Wows, which is fine to a degree but not everyone is interested in them. Come on Lawton...let's pull it together, put some bounce in your ounce and actually liven up this sleepy but beautiful town!
lawton sucks

Snyder, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

not really. mostly the army people make traffic suck, flood the stores on payday, and make finding a decent house impossible because theres all these damn army people from out of state. they clog up the mall and movies (they have a commisary and movie theater on base)and to top it off you have trashy army people moving in neighborhoods they have no buisness being in. the army pays thier rent so you have a crappy family living in a 200,000 home and yet somehow still has cockroaches. im also betting that there wouldnt be so many stripclubs and pawnshops if these army brats werent here.
ok resident

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

WOW! How uninformed you truly are! The army pays our rent on a 200,000 home huh? Only if you are a high ranking officer do you make enough to pay that kind of money in BAH! Its the realtors who take advantage of the families and refuse to fix sub standard housing and steal from our soldiers and families who are willing to die for our freedom. The used car dealerships do the same, taking advantage of young GIs instead of advising theese young people away from home to make smarter decisions. I would say that Lawtons SCUM FEEDS off the military and tries to drag us down with them. Yet our families still try and make the best of where we are instead of whining how Lawton Sucks! We can stay out of your theatres if you'd like and refuse to shop off post. Your stores would go out of buisness!!!!! And we'd still have the commissary that you try to sneak on post and use! If Fort Sill were to move this place would be a belly up ghost town in a matter of months except for Pecan Valley as most of them work at Goodyear. Thank you to all the soldiers who sacrifice daily so that we may have the freedom to blog about stupid shit!
ok resident

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Oh I missed the part about the pawn shops. Absolutely correct if the military werent here for you to break into our homes and pawn our stuff they would go belly up too! the SCUM has to feed off somebody!
lawton sucks

Snyder, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

great another army wife bottom feeder is upset. you dont like people talking about you then go to college and get a real job. there is only one percent of americans serving in the army because unless you are too stupid to go to college or haven't flunked out of votech then you dont need to join the army to make a living. army wives are the worst self important people around. your husband is probly a secretary and you insist he's a soldier. and take a poll of people living in lawton other than army people and the majority would prefer if they were never allowed of base. and im guessing you didnt mention the stripclubs cause thats where your husband meet you.
strip club patron

Quanah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

sw oklahoma wrote:
i dont know. lawton was a craphole when i was in highschool and it isnt much better now. all i can really say is that atleast they moved the strip clubs out of city limits. in my opinion we have too many army people here. why dont they sent them to el paso instead of sending them here from el paso. the traffic sucks, the food suck, you cant find a house that doesnt smell like cat urine for under 1000 dollars a month, and the town is infested with trashy people, not to mention the influx of bums.
i like me a whole bunch of strip clubs.i dont think i like you very much you big doo doo head.
ok resident

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

LMAO My husband and I met at a local college where we BOTH got our degrees! We both work full time and contribute to society.Where do you work Lawton Sucks? There are a number of reasons men and women choose to join the Army and trust me it is not always for lack of other options. Sounds to me like you are bitter, maybe had your heart broken by a soldier? Or your stripper left you for one??!!!
Straight up

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

I must agree their are plenty of military wives who are clueless about what their husband's role actually is, and plenty more with an over inflated feeling of self-worth for being a military spouse (I say military because it's certainly not limited to Army wives), and more than that who have accomplished nothing other than riding their husband's coat-tail and believes his rank to be their own.

On the flip side, I know plenty of wives who are educated (and some who are not) but both have a sense of drive to make something of themselves. The point is that you can't blanket sum up every wife military or civilian. I was in the military and now I'm a wife.
drivers ed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Firecracker wrote:
I just wish someone in this town,could make a corner without stopping first.Driving here is a pain.
You sound like one of those irritating people who don't obey the traffic laws. Here is a review for you: when you come to red light, you must stop before turning right even if there is nothing coming (the law states this). When you are turning left at a green light, unless you have the green arrow, you must yield to those who are going straight. When you turn, you must turn into the adjacent lane. I get so sick of the morons in town who don't seem to know the basic traffic laws.
yupper

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Judged:

I heard we're suppose to be getting a Target over by the mall, but of course it hasn't been approved yetl; and that's assuming they ever get the road constructiond done over there, that they've been working on since before I even got here. And even if we do it'll just be full of the same scum you see at the Walmart on Sheridan. I fucking hate this place. I have never seen such a backwards, shithole of a city in my life... and I've been through some pretty "interesting" places.

If it's not the scum, or the bad drivers, it's the crime. No one can have anything nice around here without someone trying to steal it, or it being vandalized. The people in Lawton need to get a job or something; find something to do to occupy your time, instead of trolling the streets at night looking for cars to break into. Like, for real.
New Lawton Resident

Lawton, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

Chuck wrote:
Also, thousands of our local residents shop on Fort Sill, which hurts the local stores and their ability to grow. How is taking your money (and your tax dollars) south going to help Lawton?
Fort Sill doesn't have any shopping what are you talking about?? The PX is as big a rip off as the crappy local stores in Lawton. The commissary is ok but it's nothing special. Taking tax dollars out of state should show Lawton they need to spend money to make money...the hard way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of112
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Fletcher Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fletcher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••