Fletcher police investigate armed rob...

Fletcher police investigate armed robbery at store

There are 30 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Fletcher police investigate armed robbery at store. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

FLETCHER A masked man entered a convenience store in Fletcher Saturday night and robbed an employee at gunpoint, police said in a statement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hikerusa

Hendersonville, NC

#1 Jan 19, 2009
Bottom dwelling trash and filth. Robber shows only hatred to humanity and willingness to murder. He deserves no plea bargain, just 20 yrs to life in a jail cell.Also those who rob with a briefcase deserve no less.
what the

Asheville, NC

#2 Jan 19, 2009
hikerusa wrote:
Bottom dwelling trash and filth. Robber shows only hatred to humanity and willingness to murder. He deserves no plea bargain, just 20 yrs to life in a jail cell.Also those who rob with a briefcase deserve no less.
right you are...a 12 gauge suspended under the counter would make that scum half the man he should be...this fecal matter is going to get worse unless its dealt with in the harshest manner possible.
LOCAL BANK PRESIDENT

Hendersonville, NC

#3 Jan 19, 2009
TALLAHASSEE (Reuters)— A Florida investment manager who disappeared with what could be hundreds of millions of dollars of other people's money remained missing on Sunday, as the investigation into his dealings widened.
The FBI and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission have joined the search and investigation for Arthur Nadel, president of Scoop Management, whose reported disappearance Wednesday was followed two days later by complaints from investors who said that funds invested by and through Nadel had disappeared along with him.

Sarasota police said the investigation began Friday and federal agencies were informed after they received complaints from at least five possible victims, many of whom appeared to have lost more than $500,000.

"What has allegedly gone on also includes federal and other regulatory violations," Capt. William Spitler, spokesman for the Sarasota Police Department, said. "That's why it was important for us to get all the agencies together."

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 19, 2009
"the N.C. Highway Patrol"?

What would they do, write him a ticket?
bigun

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2009
Hey Sgt Rock is that your pic after the NC Highway Patrol took you to jail??????. Maybe a one too many cocktails.........
Makes you Think

Asheville, NC

#6 Jan 19, 2009
Wonder what you would do if you lost your job, had no income whatsoever and no prospects of a job, no money to buy even the basic necessities to live. A lot of people are very close to having this happen to them. Before you pass judgement, put yourself in a situation like this. I'm not saying the robber should't be punished. He definitely should be! But...desperate people do desperate things during desperate times. He apologized. He needed money to feed his family. I pray I'm never faced with the same choice.
ollie

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Jan 19, 2009
Makes you Think wrote:
Wonder what you would do if you lost your job, had no income whatsoever and no prospects of a job, no money to buy even the basic necessities to live. A lot of people are very close to having this happen to them. Before you pass judgement, put yourself in a situation like this. I'm not saying the robber should't be punished. He definitely should be! But...desperate people do desperate things during desperate times. He apologized. He needed money to feed his family. I pray I'm never faced with the same choice.
every clerk should have a colt, smith & wesson, and know how to use it. why didn't the man in the picture help out? I don't feel sorry for a thief, there is help around. would you feel sorry for him if he killed him for money? make examples out of these dirt bags scums and put them away. 7yrs mandatory on robbery with firearm. clerks don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
Tender Foot

Maxton, NC

#8 Jan 19, 2009

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jan 19, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
"the N.C. Highway Patrol"?
What would they do, write him a ticket?
No school today, azz-hole?

“RadicalDudette”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#10 Jan 19, 2009
Makes you Think wrote:
There are people already in the situation with no income, no insurance, and in need of basic neccessities.

Doing an armed robbery is not the method. And whether he needed money to feed his family is questionable. I would be more apt to believe he wanted money for personal gain rather than for the family.

And yes, he should be charged, and punished for terrifying the cashier. Apologies do not count.

If he was doing this for his family, why would you want to punish him?

Places like ABCCM can help, but there is no instant
cash, like some folks need. There are numerous folks, especially the elderly that need assistance with the basic needs in living day to day.

What gave the right to this guy to rob the store? He is not man enough to go to ABCCM or other offices to get some help?

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 19, 2009
ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
every clerk should have a colt, smith & wesson, and know how to use it. why didn't the man in the picture help out? I don't feel sorry for a thief, there is help around. would you feel sorry for him if he killed him for money? make examples out of these dirt bags scums and put them away. 7yrs mandatory on robbery with firearm. clerks don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
The clerk that would shoot the person would end up dead or sent to prison. It never fails, that the
thieves will win in this situation.

The most important thing for stores and clerks, is to post signs that the store does not keep more than
$50 in the register. The cashiers need to put anything over $50 into a drop safe. Then the store would not be out of $400.

At least the store had a camera. But now it seems to be a common hobby of lazy folks that robbing a
convenience store is easier than waiting for help.

Perhaps, the stores ought to install a pepper spray
unit at the register level, so that the clerks can spray the person, and have the chance to call 911.

Perhaps, a taser would be better. It would incapacitate the would be robber.

“PO'd Puddy Cat”

Since: Jan 08

Asheville NC

#12 Jan 19, 2009
MurphyMobile wrote:
<quoted text>
The clerk that would shoot the person would end up dead or sent to prison. It never fails, that the
thieves will win in this situation.
The most important thing for stores and clerks, is to post signs that the store does not keep more than
$50 in the register. The cashiers need to put anything over $50 into a drop safe. Then the store would not be out of $400.
At least the store had a camera. But now it seems to be a common hobby of lazy folks that robbing a
convenience store is easier than waiting for help.
Perhaps, the stores ought to install a pepper spray
unit at the register level, so that the clerks can spray the person, and have the chance to call 911.
Perhaps, a taser would be better. It would incapacitate the would be robber.
Hey Murphy. How's it going in your neck of the woods. You better watch talking about tazers or you will have Zonga on you. LMAO
Etowah

Hendersonville, NC

#13 Jan 19, 2009
Anyone that patronizes a Citgo should be hung anyway, buying gas will only give Chavez money for his AK-47 factory in Sout America.
us vet

Hickory, NC

#14 Jan 19, 2009
Makes you Think wrote:
quite a few robbies, home invasions. This is defintely against man made laws. hose who were in power local state and national, are those ones who
put the economy in a situations where a real man will do what ever too provide for his needs , or family needs. Only advise I would offer be careful of
your surrondings wherever you are located. This is the robin hood era again steal from where the money may be and keep it for yourself. sad but true. Greed
in America has started paying a price, not only dollars, but lives may also be taken.

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 19, 2009
Carolinakat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Murphy. How's it going in your neck of the woods. You better watch talking about tazers or you will have Zonga on you. LMAO
Doing fine over this way. Walking Doobie to the convenience store.

Wait until Zonga works at a convenience store or interupt a robbery in action.(Such as staning in
line behind the robber.)

A taser would come in handy or pepper spray if Zonga is good at aiming.

The taser is no worse than what Zonga had to do in high school to get into nursing school.

AnPithing frogs to check the reflexes with an electronic stimulatror; then watch the the frog jump.

Afterwards, one could take home the legs and have
fried frog legs for supper. LOL

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#16 Jan 19, 2009
Etowah wrote:
Anyone that patronizes a Citgo should be hung anyway, buying gas will only give Chavez money for his AK-47 factory in Sout America.
Glad to read that someone else knows the relation of Citgo and Chavez.

When I first found out about that little deal, my .5 and I boycotted that store. Never, even if I am dying, will I step foot in that store.
ateensparent

Maxton, NC

#17 Jan 19, 2009
Tender Foot wrote:
Do we see the same thing?
ateensparent

Maxton, NC

#18 Jan 19, 2009
Do we see the same thing?
Hendersonville

United States

#19 Jan 19, 2009
If I watched this correctly, you will notice the clerk did not open the drawer, the robber did. On a Ruby System cash register, you have to know what button to push to get the drawer open. Think the Fletcher Police and HCSD realizes this yet? Or, has the owner of the store studied the camera?
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#20 Jan 19, 2009
Good picture of the perp. Be able to tell him anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fletcher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Most wanted suspect arrested (Sep '08) Jul 8 Wray-Collins 3
News Biltmore Beacon - Lori Gilbert Feb '16 OSHO The LIAR 2
News Man charged with assaulting officers (Jun '07) Jan '16 Louis 42
News Black Mountain woman arrested on probation viol... (Mar '08) Jan '16 Yyy 18
News Whitewater Bluegrass evolves: Catch them Saturday (Jan '08) Jan '16 benhC34 5
News Dunkin' Donuts Franchisee Will Pay $22,000 to S... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Anonymous 5
mature pic exchange? (Aug '15) Aug '15 benson6161 1

Fletcher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fletcher Mortgages