Eating out and more in Asheville

Eating out and more in Asheville

There are 18 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Sep 6, 2010, titled Eating out and more in Asheville. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

The Grove Arcade on Page Avenue downtown will host An Italian Evening, featuring food, music and entertainment, at 6 p.m. Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Mary Ladd

Asheville, NC

#1 Sep 6, 2010
Nasty.
J Bugger

Asheville, NC

#2 Sep 6, 2010
Mary Ladd wrote:
Nasty.
Go eat at McDonalds or fkin MOVE if you live here, or don't eat out but whatever STFU! Negativity sucks, like you!
Carla

Valdese, NC

#3 Sep 6, 2010
Such good places to eat here. It's unbelievable. If I were rich I'd eat at a new one every meal.
Frozen In Time

Hendersonville, NC

#4 Sep 6, 2010
Ho-hum. When will these darned yankee transplants from the NE realize we don't want or need their darned culture here? Way too much yankeeneck trash stuff here now with all the "sub shops" and "delis". Take it back to Nu Yoik/Joizee. And don't let the Confederate Battle Flag hit you on the way out!
Mary Ladd

Asheville, NC

#5 Sep 6, 2010
75 dollars for a plate of pasta? 25 dollars to go look at the roof? No Thanks.
Yep

Sanford, NC

#7 Sep 6, 2010
Carla wrote:
Such good places to eat here. It's unbelievable. If I were rich I'd eat at a new one every meal.
selection of good restaurants here is amazing!
Mary Ladd

Asheville, NC

#8 Sep 6, 2010
J Bugger wrote:
<quoted text>
Go eat at McDonalds or fkin MOVE if you live here, or don't eat out but whatever STFU! Negativity sucks, like you!
You are far more rude and shitty than anyone else.
J Bugger

Camp Lejeune, NC

#9 Sep 6, 2010
J Bugger wrote:
<quoted text>
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, I'm the most negative of all.
Kevin

Valdese, NC

#10 Sep 6, 2010
Mary Ladd wrote:
75 dollars for a plate of pasta? 25 dollars to go look at the roof? No Thanks.
What restaurant charges 75 dollars for a plate of pasta!?! Try Vinnie's or Nona Mia's. Ten buck range and great stuff.

“Conservative for America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#11 Sep 6, 2010
My family and I really wanted to go downtown yesterday. Too bad that with the Lexington Ave arts festival and the complete lack of parking, that didn't force a person to take out a second mortgage on their home, we ended up giving up on DT Asheville and opted to drive out to Cherokee (an hour away) as a reasonable alternative to DT Asheville.

We did see several restaurants and shops that had been featured in AC-T and would have enjoyed walking the streets and just looking around. It was our bad luck to choose Labor Day weekend to attempt a jaunt DT. We will, of course, be in the Wick & Green scavenger hunt, that was so much fun last year and we will plan to go DT midweek in the hopes that parking will be easier to find.
Restaurant Shopper

Skyland, NC

#12 Sep 6, 2010
I do like downtown restaurants, but they charge so much more than the restaurants outside the city. For instance all you have to do to get great food at cheaper prices is drive outside the tunnel to Outback for a steak or to Papa's and Beer for a great burrito and chips and salsa. Neo in Biltmore also has great California-style Mexican food.

You can't beat the calzones, strombolis, and pizza at Frank's, and fast food at Chick-Fil-A near the mall is scrumptious and the service is a delight.

The best Italian Restaurant is up on the hill at Buckstone Pl.-- Carrabba's. You can't find the quality at the price downtown. Sorry to say so.

My favorite haunts downtown are Chorizo's, Noodle Shop, and Doc Chey's. Limones is also great, and so is Mela, cuisine from India. I was disappointed with Bouchon on Lexington AV.
Best beer and pizza are at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Co., either Coxe or Merrimon -- both venues are great and the staff very friendly.

Gosh, there are so many grand places to dine. I should be hired as a food critic. Yum.
J Bugger

Asheville, NC

#13 Sep 6, 2010
Mary Ladd wrote:
<quoted text> You are far more rude and shitty than anyone else.
Rudeness deserves rudeness.
Mary Mary quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And one shitty onion.

“"Duty, honor, country"”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Sep 6, 2010
Restaurant Shopper wrote:
I do like downtown restaurants, but they charge so much more than the restaurants outside the city. For instance all you have to do to get great food at cheaper prices is drive outside the tunnel to Outback for a steak or to Papa's and Beer for a great burrito and chips and salsa. Neo in Biltmore also has great California-style Mexican food.
You can't beat the calzones, strombolis, and pizza at Frank's, and fast food at Chick-Fil-A near the mall is scrumptious and the service is a delight.
The best Italian Restaurant is up on the hill at Buckstone Pl.-- Carrabba's. You can't find the quality at the price downtown. Sorry to say so.
My favorite haunts downtown are Chorizo's, Noodle Shop, and Doc Chey's. Limones is also great, and so is Mela, cuisine from India. I was disappointed with Bouchon on Lexington AV.
Best beer and pizza are at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Co., either Coxe or Merrimon -- both venues are great and the staff very friendly.
Gosh, there are so many grand places to dine. I should be hired as a food critic. Yum.
I'd have to agree with those being some great places. I am a huge Vincenzo's fan, but I have to admit that Carrabba's is first rate. I'll have to make sure and get to Papa's and Beer, been trying to get there since they opened but never think about it until after I've already eaten because i forget that Lonestar is gone a P&Bs is there.
Mary Ladd

Asheville, NC

#15 Sep 6, 2010
J Bugger wrote:
<quoted text> Mirror, mirror, on the wall, I'm the most negative of all.
Go bugger yourself jack hole.....and your little dog too.
J Bugger

Asheville, NC

#16 Sep 6, 2010
Mary Ladd wrote:
<quoted text> Go bugger yourself jack hole.....and your little dog too.
Sit on this jerk. http://images.clipartof.com/small/9488-Clipar... I'll lite it for ya.
Mary Ladd

Asheville, NC

#17 Sep 6, 2010
J Bugger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit on this jerk. http://images.clipartof.com/small/9488-Clipar... I'll lite it for ya.
Give it up we all know who you are ....baw haw haw
They R Everywhere

Valdese, NC

#18 Sep 7, 2010
Mary Ladd wrote:
<quoted text> Give it up we all know who you are ....baw haw haw
You're an idiot ....har har har
Harry Ladd

Asheville, NC

#19 Sep 7, 2010
Mary Ladd wrote:
<quoted text> Give it up we all know who you are ....baw haw haw
You don't even know who you are, har har har

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fletcher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stockings and Garter Belts: (Sep '07) Nov 16 Questions 69
News Biltmore Beacon - Lori Gilbert (Feb '16) Nov 8 Litter 4
News Man charged with assaulting officers (Jun '07) Oct '17 Caerleon 44
News Defense rests in Clark murder trial (Nov '08) Jun '17 edcar26 20
News Black Mountain woman arrested on probation viol... (Mar '08) Jan '17 shotcaller 21
who is Adrien Fleming ? (Jan '17) Jan '17 shotcaller 1
Hillary's vs Trump (Oct '16) Oct '16 Jason 1

Fletcher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fletcher Mortgages