City of Clarksburg taking Your Homes.

Posted in the Flemington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IhaveHADenoughHA VE u

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Feb 15, 2014
How long will the people of Clarksburg continue to allow the city to evict people from their family homes. ( Until there are no homes left ). Those of you who thank your city for ridding your neighborhood of certain people an the home that has been in their family for generations. You are in for a rude awakening. If this city decides they want what you have. They will take it. All they have to do is start telling you, your home is not up to city code. They will begin to say they found this an that wrong when there isn't a thing wrong. They care not if you have a place to go. They will give you information of places they say will assist you. You go to these places. These people proceed to tell you. They have no idea what your are talking about. From this point not only has your home been taken. You are told. I guess you will have to move into the mission. I am behind the Davis Family all the way. Get out side help. No one from this State.
Barbarossa

Lovingston, VA

#2 Feb 15, 2014
It is a sad situation.A lot of these houses they demolish would be cheaper to bring up to code then it cost the city to tear down. If you're in the market for buying a house get it out of city limits.
cat

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Feb 16, 2014
Where is happening? I heard something about it but all I've heard lately are the Olympics.
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Feb 16, 2014
I have been in a lot of these abandon homes in clarksburg. Or have tried to buy from city of clarksburg. To be honest the majority of these homes need 50-75k worth of work. For most ppl looking to buy these homes a bank would never lend money on these homes.
For those trying to remodel and sell these homes simply aren't worth it. It's a shame with all the woodwork and old craftsmanship that was used.
As for city pushing home owners out with out proper notice and money. A lawyer would be a good investment. Also let the media know.
With the small budget I doubt the city would want the fight or have the funds to rebuild.
What homes are you all talking about in particular?
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#5 Feb 16, 2014
Oh yeah under most eminent domain instances the court will decide fair market value for homes. A good faith price could be reached by city and home owner still says no then most likely city will try to make to more expensive to home owner.
Yes they can take any property. They have to have a purposed plan with documentation and values in writing.
Believe it or not they can buy your property and sell it to private investor. It's economical for city and taxes.
walkntalk

Bridgeport, WV

#6 Feb 17, 2014
Eminent domain is legal but not the condemn and demo they been doing
cat

Saxonburg, PA

#7 Feb 17, 2014
Where?
Are they abandoned property?
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#8 Feb 17, 2014
Ok so which houses are you talking about? Street and house number?
Ihave HADenoughHAVEu

Bridgeport, WV

#9 Feb 17, 2014
Locations all around your city. One family was offered nothing. Just told nothing could be done to their home because they both were disabled. Man off the house had over 23 years of service to a company in your city. Until a work related accident happened. A lawyer is a great idea. You have to go out of state though. Everyone says this city has a small budget. What do the do with the $ 400.000. they supposedly received in grants.( I read about that in the paper months back). Why are they always saying they need to do this or that to the parking square built across from the old Waldorf building. They are always telling how they pay out, like $ 125.000 to some consulting firm to help improve the city. Yet its always the same thing. Tear up the same side walk an redo it. City Hall how lame. And they think the citizens are not beginning to notice. I grew up in Clarksburg until I was 14. Use to deliver the news paper. And most of that old route is no longer there. The houses are either boarded up or there is just a vacant lot. What's the plan.
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#10 Feb 17, 2014
Ihave HADenoughHAVEu wrote:
Locations all around your city. One family was offered nothing. Just told nothing could be done to their home because they both were disabled. Man off the house had over 23 years of service to a company in your city. Until a work related accident happened. A lawyer is a great idea. You have to go out of state though. Everyone says this city has a small budget. What do the do with the $ 400.000. they supposedly received in grants.( I read about that in the paper months back). Why are they always saying they need to do this or that to the parking square built across from the old Waldorf building. They are always telling how they pay out, like $ 125.000 to some consulting firm to help improve the city. Yet its always the same thing. Tear up the same side walk an redo it. City Hall how lame. And they think the citizens are not beginning to notice. I grew up in Clarksburg until I was 14. Use to deliver the news paper. And most of that old route is no longer there. The houses are either boarded up or there is just a vacant lot. What's the plan.
I don't know the facts of the situation you speak of. I don't see the city with so many eyes on them would not pay homeowner monies. It's a law suit waiting to happen. You understand what in saying? I doubt they would over step those boundaries for the consequences could cost a lot more for city.
Best thing to do is publicize this issue. What the address? What's this citizens name that's been bullied? When did this happen? Exactly who is responsible? What were they offered? Some compensation is always giving what was it?
Those of you that have insight on this subject tell what you know.

Since: Feb 14

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Feb 17, 2014
Grants??? I believe they have loans. Wonder why these people whose homes are condemned do not appeal the order? It seems as though a lot of people complain but are confused as to the rules or just support inadequate housing. What's up with the demo out near CVS?
IhaveHADenoughHA VEu

Shinnston, WV

#12 Feb 17, 2014
For those of you who feel this is nuts. Take yourself a drive around town. Start at Saunders B. And travel up Washington Ave to Chestnut St. Then back down Lee Ave. Go to Jarvis St. Go to 2nd St. Any of those streets. Holden Ave is one. Hickman, The list goes on. But I guess most people do not notice these things. But I do and so do others. It all started on the East end of Washington Ave. Roughly about 20 years ago. When someone, a certain person began to complain to another that certain homes on this street was depreciating the value of this persons home. And there it all began. Wow the Old Greyhound bus station is gone. And some want to say all this is nuts. Lets see what else is gone ? The so called improvements are not much of any where. Keep in mind people of Clarksburg. When they come knocking. Sign nothing, agree to nothing. Get an attorney out of state. Oh they are now going by way of Eminent Doman. Which means now if they want to, if your home is worth say hypothetically.$ 205.000. If they can prove your homes location can improve the community they can an will take it. So People of Clarksburg FIGHT.

Since: Feb 14

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Feb 17, 2014
IhaveHADenoughHAVEu wrote:
For those of you who feel this is nuts. Take yourself a drive around town. Start at Saunders B. And travel up Washington Ave to Chestnut St. Then back down Lee Ave. Go to Jarvis St. Go to 2nd St. Any of those streets. Holden Ave is one. Hickman, The list goes on. But I guess most people do not notice these things. But I do and so do others. It all started on the East end of Washington Ave. Roughly about 20 years ago. When someone, a certain person began to complain to another that certain homes on this street was depreciating the value of this persons home. And there it all began. Wow the Old Greyhound bus station is gone. And some want to say all this is nuts. Lets see what else is gone ? The so called improvements are not much of any where. Keep in mind people of Clarksburg. When they come knocking. Sign nothing, agree to nothing. Get an attorney out of state. Oh they are now going by way of Eminent Doman. Which means now if they want to, if your home is worth say hypothetically.$ 205.000. If they can prove your homes location can improve the community they can an will take it. So People of Clarksburg FIGHT.
Confused..... I thought the Eminent Domain was for the purchase of a house for the property to be used for state office building. Is this not a public use and better redevelopment? Wouldn't the property owner get top $$ for house?

The old bus station gone? I thought the bus company bought it and paid city to tear down for improvement?

Water St. I remember an old building on corner that always was flooded. That seems to be gone and cleaned up. Did city have to do that or did the property owner do it?
DonewithStupid

Owings Mills, MD

#14 Feb 17, 2014
Clarksburg is in for a surprise of its life time. They may have the wool pulled over the eyes of their citizens but people out of state are very aware of what they are doing and it will backfire. Karma sucks!
IhaveHADenoughHA VEu

Bridgeport, WV

#15 Feb 17, 2014
People are to be offered money. Or so no one is lead to believe. But guess what. That is not what happens, you may be fooled into believing that it is. But trust those who have already been down this ave. All this property isn't being used for what the people are told. An I would guess an may well be wrong. You I guess you haven't yet been at a loss when you are told you must leave your home, we are condemn it whether you like it or. Example 1 family lost there home by being told it was not up to city code. But guess what. Their home just happens to set a certain amount of inches on top of something the city needs. A little truth an honesty goes along way. but to be a snake in the grass so to speak isn't the way to go about it. And we are not just talking about families. There have been people over the years who bought up property for sale from out of state to better in improve the area. Nothing doing there. City in return took it.
IhaveHADenoughHA VEu

Bridgeport, WV

#16 Feb 17, 2014
Orders have been appealed and appealed and appealed. I believe in November or December a case was heard. Guess what, a local, denied it. What is one to do when their own turns there back. Your city may have loans out there. But they also apply for grants. One was for $ 400.000. And if my old memory serves right. This was to be used to demo some of these so called bad not up to code properties. yet again its not been used. If so then why does the city tell the home owners it will cost them the home owner an xxx amount of money. To demo the home yet in return this xxxx amount the home owner has to pay the city. Is an example of people are dealing with. A lot of homes in and around the city fall under The Grandfather Laws. You go to the right place an ask about these laws. This is what you are told. No joke. They say, they do not know what you are taking about. Do you want to know who your Grandfather is or was. Or do you mean Grandfathered in. When sent to another office to ask this same question about the Grandfathered Laws. You are told they just recently deleted all city maps off the computer. Now why would any one delete the city maps from their computer system.
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#17 Feb 18, 2014
You apparently don't know what your talking about. In the beginning I thought maybe you were confused.
They have to offer at least what last 3 homes sold for.
As for the homes being tore down it is needed no one live in them. Majority are in violation of occupancy and health and fire codes.
Are going to buy these properties and fix them up or bring to code?
Clean up our city!
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Feb 18, 2014
Orders have been appealed and appealed and appealed. I believe in November or December a case was heard. Guess what, a local, denied it. What is one to do when their own turns there back. Your city may have loans out there. But they also apply for grants. One was for $ 400.000. And if my old memory serves right. This was to be used to demo some of these so called bad not up to code properties. yet again its not been used. If so then why does the city tell the home owners it will cost them the home owner an xxx amount of money. To demo the home yet in return this xxxx amount the home owner has to pay the city. Is an example of people are dealing with. A lot of homes in and around the city fall under The Grandfather Laws. You go to the right place an ask about these laws. This is what you are told. No joke. They say, they do not know what you are taking about. Do you want to know who your Grandfather is or was. Or do you mean Grandfathered in. When sent to another office to ask this same question about the Grandfathered Laws. You are told they just recently deleted all city maps off the computer. Now why would any one delete the city maps from their computer system.
You need more facts not speculation.
IhaveHADenoughHA VEu

Fairmont, WV

#19 Feb 18, 2014
Well Shockalocka. If they are to offer the price of what the last 3 homes sold for. Then why is that not actually happening? Maybe for some it is. How ever it was not offered to my sister. And she was living happily in her home. An no I am not confused. I witnessed first hand the heartache my sister went through then an now. And yes I do under stand the city feels the need to improve. But at what cost. Booting people from their owns homes for the city's own gain. Been watching this happen in Clarksburg for a long time. Facts not speculation. Paper work sister has. Shows the facts. And I thought you were some one who had enough of what has been happing. I guess there is where I was wrong.
LibertarianMan

Huntington, WV

#20 Feb 18, 2014
Happymedical wrote:
<quoted text>Confused..... I thought the Eminent Domain was for the purchase of a house for the property to be used for state office building. Is this not a public use and better redevelopment? Wouldn't the property owner get top $$ for house?

The old bus station gone? I thought the bus company bought it and paid city to tear down for improvement?

Water St. I remember an old building on corner that always was flooded. That seems to be gone and cleaned up. Did city have to do that or did the property owner do it?
In Kelo v. New London the Supreme Court decided that is a city believes your land can be used for economic development, then the government can take your land and give it to a developer. So if someone wants to build a sub-division or a mall on your land, you're out of luck, Jack. The government can take your property and give it to someone else so they can make big bucks off of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Franc 2 min tacos23 2
Create your own Forum 3 min Dalai Lama 407
Scott lepka 8 min bystandard 4
who's cheating on who 16 min sick and tired 11
Asia Cutright 22 min yeahso 1
snitches of clarksburg 1 hr Keeppopinoff 9
Where to eat? 1 hr One 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flemington Mortgages