8th grade student suspended, arrested...

8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt

Posted in the Flemington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mom of 3

Waynesboro, VA

#2 Apr 19, 2013
If he was given the chance to change it and he didnt then he should be in trouble. Parents should be in trouble also they know the dress code. It would be like me sending my child to school in a spaghetti strapped shirt with skulls on it. There are dress codes for a reason. I say bring back uniforms!!

“Let's Get'em. Talladega Red 1.”

Since: Nov 12

Clarskburg, WV

#3 Apr 19, 2013
Dear Mom,

Do you remember being young or have you been a square since birth?

According to the details he wasnt technically violating the policy anyway.
mom of 3

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Alex go play with your mommy!
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

#5 Apr 19, 2013
mom of 3 wrote:
Alex go play with your mommy!
I agree on all points

“Let's Get'em. Talladega Red 1.”

Since: Nov 12

Clarskburg, WV

#6 Apr 19, 2013
She was just here.
Harry

United States

#7 Apr 19, 2013
It was an NRA shirt, big deal. I see kids going to school with Obama shirts, Malcolm X, and MLK shirts. Nothing said to them. It is a shirt supporting a legal organization, nationally recognized, and ran by Americans. Foolishness just plain foolishness. Waste of time and resources and really hurting a youth's education and outlook of the school and judicial system.
Pitiful

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#8 Apr 19, 2013
Harry wrote:
It was an NRA shirt, big deal. I see kids going to school with Obama shirts, Malcolm X, and MLK shirts. Nothing said to them. It is a shirt supporting a legal organization, nationally recognized, and ran by Americans. Foolishness just plain foolishness. Waste of time and resources and really hurting a youth's education and outlook of the school and judicial system.
Pitiful
Exactly.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 19, 2013
I think this is a violation of this childs right, yes I think they have some rights. An NRA shirt is hardly as bad as some things I see kids wear. It is a stretch. This is a national orgainization that represents legal and lawful gun owners. I call BS, if it was my kid he would not ahve taken it off either, then when they took it to this level i would call the NRA and ask for them to get involved. I guarentee it would be a national news story and the kid would be back in school wearing that shirt.
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

#10 Apr 19, 2013
I'd just guess Harry's a racist . Political figures and movement leaders are a little different than a gun on a kids shirt. Especially after many school killing . Everyone knows better , that boy knew he'd be looked at and wanted to be a rebel . He was asked to change and refused . That's plain bad parenting and not being socially educated enough to know its wrong to do that. As far as bringing the law into it I disagree on with that part.
Mick

Shinnston, WV

#11 Apr 19, 2013
Titan's your typical Liberal pos. Probably sympathizes with these Muslim scumbags as well.
Mick

Shinnston, WV

#12 Apr 19, 2013
And here's hoping scumbags like Titan and other anti-gun morons are the victims of a violent home invasion by some thugs. Then we'll see how quick their views change.
mom of 3

Waynesboro, VA

#13 Apr 19, 2013
Mick wrote:
And here's hoping scumbags like Titan and other anti-gun morons are the victims of a violent home invasion by some thugs. Then we'll see how quick their views change.
Thats pretty harass. Remember karma!
Mick

Shinnston, WV

#14 Apr 19, 2013
mom of 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Thats pretty harass. Remember karma!
Pretty harass? Lol ok genius. Something tells me you and Titan are the same person with the "Hampton, VA" location and all.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#15 Apr 19, 2013
Well, this story has reached the Chicks on the Right - who are awesome (in my opinion)

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/24101-...
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#16 Apr 19, 2013
Razor1979 wrote:
I think this is a violation of this childs right, yes I think they have some rights. An NRA shirt is hardly as bad as some things I see kids wear. It is a stretch. This is a national orgainization that represents legal and lawful gun owners. I call BS, if it was my kid he would not ahve taken it off either, then when they took it to this level i would call the NRA and ask for them to get involved. I guarentee it would be a national news story and the kid would be back in school wearing that shirt.
It's already on the Drudge Report.
mom of 3

Roanoke, VA

#17 Apr 19, 2013
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty harass? Lol ok genius. Something tells me you and Titan are the same person with the "Hampton, VA" location and all.
Nope I live in Bridgeport.
Anonymous

Morgantown, WV

#18 Apr 19, 2013
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty harass? Lol ok genius. Something tells me you and Titan are the same person with the "Hampton, VA" location and all.
I'm actually from clarksburg, born and raised . I currently work and live in Harrison co.. I own guns and I don't think everyone should be able to obtain an assault rifle . As for the whole "Muslim" thing . It's a religion . I don't agree with . But I don't think every Muslim is a terrorist . Also just cause someone middle eastern or dark skin doesn't seem to threaten me as much as other white American men. Sometimes you need to change your paradigm. Unless your 100% Native American we are all immigrants one time or another .

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#19 Apr 19, 2013
TitanWv wrote:
I'd just guess Harry's a racist . Political figures and movement leaders are a little different than a gun on a kids shirt. Especially after many school killing . Everyone knows better , that boy knew he'd be looked at and wanted to be a rebel . He was asked to change and refused . That's plain bad parenting and not being socially educated enough to know its wrong to do that. As far as bringing the law into it I disagree on with that part.
It says it was an NRA shirt, I have never seen one with a gun on it, you are making assumptions.
rod

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Apr 19, 2013
there has to be someting else other then just an NRA tshirt. It is logan County not bridgeport.
pro-stee

Clarksburg, WV

#21 Apr 19, 2013
Razor1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
It says it was an NRA shirt, I have never seen one with a gun on it, you are making assumptions.
I saw a picture of the kid and his shirt and yes, it has a gun on it. There are tons of rules about what can be depicted on t shirts. The school boards make rules without taking nuances into account and we end up talking about a kid's shirt and not the overwhelming issue of WV being low in test scores, teachers being under paid...etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 9 min Sundog512 362
Motorcycle Gangs 1 hr Trash 34
Amanda McCloy 1 hr random 4
100 Drug Dealers Busted Today 1 hr Kojack 13
Looking for a weekly female friend 1 hr Homegrown77 13
Fun women in Grafton 2 hr Chinese princess 5
Neal Floyd 2 hr Alley 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flemington Mortgages