lbj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

where is city council in all of this? why can't they step in and take care of the problem? no they won't do that. but they will keep it quite.
Gossip

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

I wish when people like Paulette Keene Jones Gray Rowan tell their tales, They would at least get the facts strait. If you would stop sitting on your hinney and a get a job you wouldn't have time to talk about things you've only "heard about"
Truth

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

How dumb wrote:
State police are investigating and doing just fine. But we sure didn't let the city go unnoticed. I'd only like to find out what crime you can commit that takes your power as a cop and gets an investigation started without an arrest.
Well, in Barbour County, it would appear you can commit almost any crime as law enforcement and have nothing happen to you. Look at the Sheriff. Rape of a minor (that's a pretty big one), stealing, lying, cheating, threatening to murder..... that's the ones that people know about. sad sad sad.... And, if the normal citizen tries to bring any of this to light, they are the next target.

I keep praying for our county. Hopefully someday soon God will help us.
J_ Biggerstaff

Philippi, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Cuff him and stuff him.....and put him in jail with the "dirtbags" he has put in there!! I bet he will be singing a different tune when he gets out!!!
Mmmmm

Grafton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Come use your cuffs in me metheny!!!!! I would loooove it
BOONDOCK BABY

Philippi, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

That cop right there is a straight A$%HOLE anyhow and I hope that he gets whats coming to him!!!
1 post removed
wow

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

seems like a lot of dirty stuff goes on in the courthouse now the city police maybe the fbi needs to come in and check it out
Check this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

The Feds have their eye on this.
Gossip

Broadway, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Yea just like the Feds had their eye on Hawkins. He is still Sheriff, beard and all.
amazed

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

How dumb wrote:
<quoted text>. Well this isn't the first time misconduct has been reported on him so why was he even still an officer in Philippi?
IDK im not a police officer, you dont know what they have to do or deal with on a daily basis so dont go judging how they do their job, they dont judge yours, and You cant just fire someone from hear say you have to have full blown proof of anything happening, come on use your common sense!
giveyadabizness

South Bloomingville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

why cant they fire them on hearsay, a citizen of barbour county can get locked up on hearsay why cant the police????
seriously

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

First of all it didn't happen in Barbour County/Philippi so council has to wait and see if he is found guilty of anything. Second, no one likes a police officer until they need them. So until you have walked in their shoes or done their job, keep your mouth shut. And if you can't, don't feel the need to call them when you need them. Because, remember you don't like them, they are dirty cops and you are always right. So don't call a police officer if you need them, if you are going to talk about all of them. Some are bad but there are a lot of good ones out there just like regular people. You have the good and the bad.
Citizen X

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

First of all, the officer in question is a total nut job! Secondly, yes there are good cops and bad cops, but why should they be upheld to a different legal standard than the ones they are supposed to be serving and protecting? Which brings me to the point, when we, as citizens, need to be protected from those supposed to be protecting, then why do we need law enforcement in the first place? If the incident in question would have involved an " ordinary" citizen, they would have already been jailed.
How dumb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Then why did our chief lie to us saying it happened in Mon and BARBOUR counties?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

So you still to scared to say your name?!?
BOONDOCK BABY wrote:
That cop right there is a straight A$%HOLE anyhow and I hope that he gets whats coming to him!!!
BeenCaughtSteali n

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

The United States Supreme Court ruled that, "Protect and Serve" doesn't mean police officers have an obligation to protect you from harm. They are to protect your/ community's constitutional rights. Difficult if they are corrupt. They are no longer officers, but criminals
How dumb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

Gossip wrote:
Yea just like the Feds had their eye on Hawkins. He is still Sheriff, beard and all.
Sooo how's the sherif doing these days???? Thought you knew it all didn't you? BAM IN YOUR FACE!!!!
amazed

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

How dumb wrote:
Then why did our chief lie to us saying it happened in Mon and BARBOUR counties?
he did not lie might have been mis informed you people have issues.. go out there be a cop bet you couldn't survive it, they gotta protect ignorant ppl who talk crap on them call em names like all you awesome people in here... LMao!
amazed

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

when I read these comments I laugh one officer might have messed up and everyone is blaming every officer, there are good cops and cops who abuse their power, City has done a GREAT job at doing away with the cops who have abused their power notice a lot of the orginal cops aren't there anymore, don't blame others for one persons mess up, These cops have to deal with Rude inconsiderate people everyday, hear them be called names and put down and yet still have to come to your rescue when you call the cops.. they do their job SOME yes don't! but not all!
To my dismay

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Certain officers around here are very misleading! They claim to be here to serve and protect us ignorant fools, and then we turn on the news and low and behold there they are, on the other side of the law! They may not judge how we do our job, I will give you that, but to say they don't judge the citizens of BC is a complete crock of shit! This officer has even went as far as calling people in BC dirtbags! I am so sick of hearing the serve and protect bull shit, they knew what they were getting into when they signed up for the job! They also knew when they accepted the badge, that they would have to deal with the scrutiny of public opinions! If these officers intentions were to protect and serve, than they wouldn't misuse their authority, and find themselves at the center of an internal investigation! I don't give a damn what county it happened in, that's irrelevant, the bottom line is he messed up in one way or another, otherwise he wouldn't be suspended! Officers don't get suspended for being honest upstanding officers now do they?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of83
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Flemington Discussions

Search the Flemington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 45 min West Virginia landowner 51,539
Best & worst bars in Fairmont 2 hr Butthead 2
nick philips 5 hr hehe lolol haha 1
John Bord Crook or Dilegent Public Servant 6 hr Too smart 36
power outages 7 hr me 8
treatment of the homelss 7 hr City Guy 36
Bob Beltner (May '13) 7 hr Too smart 69
•••
•••
•••
•••

Flemington Jobs

•••