First Prev
of 2
Next Last
its me

Clarksburg, WV

#24 Mar 6, 2012
yo holly!!!!!!!!!! you still on here???????? been sending emails trying to set up a time and date to check out school..........
1 post removed
kate

Fairmont, WV

#26 Jul 5, 2012
Ghosties, Try the WV Folklife Center at FSU or the Marion County Historical Society. They may be able to give you some more information.
CLP2

Fairmont, WV

#27 Jul 6, 2012
Robbert wrote:
Is that where the vanishing lady in white story originated from?
I think you are referring to Bunner's Ridge for this haunting.I have heard of this tale from a couple of people that I know.I haven't heard anything in quite a few years though.
Countrygirltakes onBigCity

United States

#28 Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for the laughs, you country bunkins are funny as heck!!!
anita dixon

United States

#29 Aug 11, 2012
Sorry to interject, but it won't be as funny when you're driving down country club road past the club house and you slow down look your left, roll your windows down, and the souls speak to you. I've also heard the tennis courts are haunted as hell. Drive and explore by your own caution!!
Beavis

Clarksburg, WV

#30 Aug 11, 2012
anita dixon wrote:
Sorry to interject, but it won't be as funny when you're driving down country club road past the club house and you slow down look your left, roll your windows down, and the souls speak to you. I've also heard the tennis courts are haunted as hell. Drive and explore by your own caution!!
So that's why the city won't repair the tennis courts? Because they're haunted? Maybe we should vote for a bond measure to hire an exorcist.
anita dixon

United States

#31 Aug 12, 2012
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>So that's why the city won't repair the tennis courts? Because they're haunted? Maybe we should vote for a bond measure to hire an exorcist.
And it's because the graveyard is right behind and it could possibly disturb the graves, or spirits-
Countrygirltakes onBigCity

United States

#32 Aug 12, 2012
anita dixon wrote:
Im not drive past there!! I moved the hell out of Fairmont.
Jenna Jameson

United States

#33 Aug 12, 2012
CountrygirltakesonBigCity wrote:
<quoted text>Im not drive past there!! I moved the hell out of Fairmont.
not many take the chance of driving past. Many encounters have been witnessed.
TheresaHPIR

Poca, WV

#34 Oct 5, 2012
I know this is an older thread, but I would like to point out that urban legends aren't necessarily a bad thing when it comes to paranormal research. As I've had the opportunity to discover through my work as Historic Research Manager for Huntington Paranormal, and also through research for my own website, many of these "legends" have a grain of truth in them...some basis on fact that can make them more appealing to what you're looking for, OP.

Anyway, I'm also interested in any Fairmont or area legends, ghost stories, or paranormal experiences. I have some locations featured on my blog from around there, but not any from Fairmont itself, with an exception of the Vinegar Hill story that I'm working on.

If anyone is interested, here's the Haunted WV page for my blog, Theresa's Haunted History of the Tri-state: http://theresashauntedhistoryofthetri-state.b...
Alysha

Clarksburg, WV

#35 Feb 23, 2013
Where are the tennis courts at?
lets go then

Clarksburg, WV

#36 Feb 24, 2013
anita dixon wrote:
seeing, or in this case, hearing, is believing as far as im concerned. so go with me so i can have a witness. you dont have to get out of the car, but i am. im not afraid, and to prove it, i'll go SIT on the tennis courts at the darkest and scariest time of the night. you choose. and im 137% serious!!!!!
lets go then

Clarksburg, WV

#37 Feb 24, 2013
youtube video perhaps...?
ho hum

Fairmont, WV

#38 Feb 28, 2013
I saw that woodlawn cemetery on maple ave has some historic value to it. When walking around there you get a creepy vibe. I know this isn't credible but it is a place that might become of interest :/

Also a little bit more down maple across from the park is an old cemetery that dates back to 1860. Maybe something there?
Cornholio

Charleston, WV

#39 Mar 1, 2013
ho hum wrote:
I saw that woodlawn cemetery on maple ave has some historic value to it. When walking around there you get a creepy vibe. I know this isn't credible but it is a place that might become of interest :/
Also a little bit more down maple across from the park is an old cemetery that dates back to 1860. Maybe something there?
I can tell you for sure, you wont see any people dressing up in white sheets there, because they be shot.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploa...
ho hum

Fairmont, WV

#40 Mar 1, 2013
Cornholio wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you for sure, you wont see any people dressing up in white sheets there, because they be shot.
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploa...
Let me guess. That area is bad? It is what you make of it. Like any other area. If you mind your own business you won't have any problems.
Beavis

Clarksburg, WV

#41 Mar 1, 2013
ho hum wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess. That area is bad? It is what you make of it. Like any other area. If you mind your own business you won't have any problems.
Yeah,'cause snitches lie in haunted ditches.
2 posts removed
legal girl

United States

#44 Mar 6, 2013
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,'cause snitches lie in haunted ditches.
LMAO!! People have been wondering where that snitch Travis Abels ended up after he wore a wire on 1-29-13

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bridgeport needs Clarksburg's help 9 min Red-White-Striped... 5
Brittany Green 52 min Rico 17
Kelly Poling 2 hr Call it how I kno... 1
Pervado! A look back.. 3 hr George Steponallofus 1
Matt Zroske has his bail revoked 3 hr Tim Miley 4
Snitches (Aug '15) 4 hr Facts 13
Xavier (May '17) 6 hr Eww 17

Flemington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance