angel tree sign ups
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
singlemom

Altavista, VA

#1 Oct 15, 2013
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THEY ARE? HAVE THEY STARTED? IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO OR PHONE NUMBER, PLEASE POST THIS INFORMATION!
haha

Faber, VA

#2 Oct 15, 2013
Maybe you should give up your phone and internet and buy your own kids Christmas presents. So sick of trash always wanting a hand out. Pisses me off you want to bring these kids into the world and then you want others to pay for their stuff. And before you say a word grow up and raise your own kids!!!
Santa Checking His List

Fairmont, WV

#3 Oct 15, 2013
All the kids have been brats this year in Clarksburg, so there's no need for Angel Trees.
singlemom

Altavista, VA

#4 Oct 15, 2013
Wow. I'm sorry we can't all afford to buy our kids ipads and xbox's for Christmas. Maybe if the jobs paid better I wouldn't struggle to pay my rent, bills, PHONE, car insurance, gas, and food .. plus whatever My kids need & household items! We all weren't born into money. I'm sorry I want my ONE child to have a good Christmas. If it pisses you off that much, bitch at the organization setting it up and the people donating the toys .... NOT the ones who fall under a certain POVERTY criteria! WHY IS HELP NOT ALLOWED WHEN HELP IS DUE? MIGHT HAS WELL JUST ClOSE DOWN THE PROGRAM IF NONE OF US DESERVE A LITTLE HELP. I GUESS SOME PEOPLE NO CHRISTMAS SPIRIT OR LOVE IN THEIR HEARTS ANYMORE
there it was

Clarksburg, WV

#5 Oct 15, 2013
ha ha not very nice
haha

Faber, VA

#6 Oct 15, 2013
Why not get your one CHILDS father to pay for a nice Christmas Present. And how can you ask someone to buy your child a iPod or etc. your ass would probably end up selling it anyway. I feel that the only things that should be bought are clothes and shoes and a toy no more the $20.00. Most parents that I have seen end up selling their child's expensive presents that strangers buy for their own bad habits. And woman you opened up yourself for this by putting this on here call the welfare office or whoever does Angel Trees and find out. I am sure you have them on speed dial.
1 post removed
singlemom

Altavista, VA

#8 Oct 15, 2013
Smh. People this like are the problem with our society. I am not a bum nor do I have the dhhr on speed dial, thank you very much. The ONLY assistance I receive is a medical card for my child, NOTHING ELSE. I DON'T RECEIVE FOOD STAMPS & I AM NOT ON HUD. I work my ass off every day to try to support my child to the best of my ability. I got pregnant as a teenager, and I'm sorry I didn't realize how hard it would make life. But I chose to keep my child and give her the best I could. Now 10 years later, I am suffering as my punishment so to speak. There is no reason to be so self righteous. I don't feel like the world owes me anything. If my child's father would step up and be the father he should be, I would gladly ask him for help. But he is too worried about himself. I will also agree with you that it is down right AWFUL to ask for high priced gifts, such ipods, game systems, bikes, ect, something I have never done nor would EVER do! My childs wishlist is always art supplies, books, sometimes MAYBE a movie ... all items that are cheap or reasonably priced! Not too mention the person who chooses the Angel buys what THEY want to buy anyway! I think it's horrible to come to a site to ask for general info and get slandered like I'm some piece of trash stripper out there doing drugs & doing nothing for my kid. The fact of the matter is when you work for minimum wage, even FULL TIME, it is EXTREMELY hard to cover the cost of living. I pay rent, electricity bill, gas bill, car payment, car insurance, phone bill (YES, I DO HAVE A DAMN CELL PHONE! WHAT IF AN EMERGENCY HAPPENED TO CHILD?), pay for gas in my car, buy our own food & household supplies, and anything my child needs for school or just I'm general. WE DO NOT HAVE CABLE OR INTERNET BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD IT! I try very hard. That's all I have to say. I am not going to sit here and call names or put people down because that shows lack off character. Everyone who applies for help isn't trash. Not too mention, this is why a LOT of people who REALLY HONESTLY need the help suffer and go without asking for the assistance because people want to put them down and accuse them of being leaches of the state :(
haha

Faber, VA

#9 Oct 15, 2013
Sorry about your luck but you should have kept your damn legs closed as a teen. Now you want hand outs. Get a second job like I did and raise your own damn kid. You are what is wrong with this world stupid ass people bringing kids into the world that can't take care of them. Save up over 12 months and buy your kid something nice. I feel so sorry for your child that she has a mother that needs to live off the system she doesn't deserve a poor life. Call me what you like but you know it's all true.
haha

Faber, VA

#10 Oct 15, 2013
And one more thing if you was a good mother you would fight her father tooth and nail for support. OR don't you wanna give up his name because you don't want to lose your benefits?
singlemom

Fairmont, WV

#11 Oct 16, 2013
No need to feel sorry for my child. She is well taken care of and brought up in a very nice family. On the other hand, if you have children, that's who we should all feel sorry for bc their parent is raising them to think they are better than everyone else and that it is ok to make fun of people, esp lower class people. Its laughable that you say I live off the system when the only thing I get is a damn medical card for my child. I had no problem is the dhhr helping for support, in fact, I went to court for child support. Which #1 $200 a month for a 10 yr old child is SQUAT when I provide EVERYTHING, including her playing sports TWICE a year! And #2 that's IF and when he pays it. I am done with this bc I really don't have to explain myself or my situation to you. All I asked for was info, not a lecture on how to raise my kid or live my life. If you don't believe in the cause, DONT DONATE!! I, on the other hand, will be thankful that some people are fortunate enough to be able to help others and help brighten a childs christmas. I'm sorry you are a scrooge
haha

Faber, VA

#12 Oct 16, 2013
Singlemom FYI you do have internet how are you using Topix if you don't? And I do wish someone picks your daughters name off the Angel Tree because we both know if not the poor thing won't have a Christmas. And you are right I am high and mighty because we work for everything we have we don't rely on strangers to supply for us. And you enjoy that free health care thanks to my tax dollars. And if you wouldn't have had sex at 16 and got yourself knocked up you could have had a better education and could be making more then min wage. But you right guess you know how that turned out for ya. So have a nice life!!!
yeah yeah

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Oct 16, 2013
Wow, the Salvation Army hold the annual angle tree. My church also matches ppl with Angel tree kids. It is hard to be a single parent! My wife and kids usually sponsor a kid each Christmas season. Everyone on here knows I'm not much for hand outs! This is only for kids to have a better Christmas! I had a Christmas around 10 years old and I remember getting a school outfit and no toys! I'm not bill gates rich but I got a dollar, if I can prevent a innocent child from having no Christmas I will!
Haha she's trying and not one of the 46 million getting food stamps!
feedback

Weston, WV

#14 Oct 16, 2013
I`m never giving gifts on a tree again , I found out that some of the people using this program have the money to buy gifts, but think they need more for their child so they put their names on them to get free gifts.It just pissed me off and I am truly sorry for the ones that will be left out that truly needs its. So from now on I will go to my church watch my neighborhoods and see the little ones that should be blessed and give annon. to them! The Angel Tree Program needs monitoring badly!!!!!!!!!!
learnMANNERS

Altavista, VA

#15 Oct 16, 2013
My family & I have donated to the salvation army for many years and also choose to sponsor a few angels every year. I can't believe that someone would put down a single mother who is actually WORKING and to do right for her child. I'm sure she is one will be able to buy for her child but prob not much. Why not help someone out who truly deserves it? It's about the CHILDREN and just being a good enough person in general to not be bitter and selfish and help make a child's Christmas BETTER. there are a lot of people in the program who are greedy asking for bikes and game systems, but you're upset bc she wants help getting her daughter extra art supplies and books? I don't know what this town has become. I writing be HONORED to be this lil girls Angel and bless her with many MANY art supplies <3 KEEP WORKING MOMMA & DON'T THESE FOOLS BRING YOU DOWN
Skidmark

Bridgeport, WV

#16 Oct 16, 2013
haha wrote:
Singlemom FYI you do have internet how are you using Topix if you don't? And I do wish someone picks your daughters name off the Angel Tree because we both know if not the poor thing won't have a Christmas. And you are right I am high and mighty because we work for everything we have we don't rely on strangers to supply for us. And you enjoy that free health care thanks to my tax dollars. And if you wouldn't have had sex at 16 and got yourself knocked up you could have had a better education and could be making more then min wage. But you right guess you know how that turned out for ya. So have a nice life!!!
Haha, you are an idiot.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#17 Oct 16, 2013
The US Forest Service has blocked all access to Angel Trees during the furlough.
haha

Faber, VA

#18 Oct 16, 2013
Skidmark wrote:
<quoted text>Haha, you are an idiot.
Thanks!!!
haha

Faber, VA

#19 Oct 16, 2013
learnMANNERS wrote:
My family & I have donated to the salvation army for many years and also choose to sponsor a few angels every year. I can't believe that someone would put down a single mother who is actually WORKING and to do right for her child. I'm sure she is one will be able to buy for her child but prob not much. Why not help someone out who truly deserves it? It's about the CHILDREN and just being a good enough person in general to not be bitter and selfish and help make a child's Christmas BETTER. there are a lot of people in the program who are greedy asking for bikes and game systems, but you're upset bc she wants help getting her daughter extra art supplies and books? I don't know what this town has become. I writing be HONORED to be this lil girls Angel and bless her with many MANY art supplies <3 KEEP WORKING MOMMA & DON'T THESE FOOLS BRING YOU DOWN
If you believe she is only asking for art supplies you are just as pathetic as she is!!!!
haha

Faber, VA

#20 Oct 16, 2013
And someone is dumb enough to fall for her bs. You will make contact with her and give her whatever she wants. I guess she is the smart one here. Because she pulled you into her web!!!!
1 post removed
haha

Faber, VA

#22 Oct 19, 2013
I seen you were on Facebook Singlemom begging for help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flemington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmers delight closing 31 min 4 sure 13
Old Middle School - The Truth 32 min Exxon 4
Custom detailers and DJ Cherubino 35 min Local spectator 20
Bobby Dennison 1 hr west union bar 24
Terri Cox cps 1 hr Intervention 1
Bridgeport coach 1 hr 80s Bear 32
Astro buick 1 hr pasta power 5

Flemington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance